Home » Literary works » Poetry » Humor

I Can't Even

by ChipsMcCoy

I can't odd either. 

Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:31 pm
AlexOfLight says...

Heh heh heh. I got this one almost instantly! It's so funny! It really made up my day! You just said it in one sentence! Wow! :mrgreen:

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:07 am
ZeldaIsShiek wrote a review...

What? Why would you just randomly make this? I get that teenagers say this but your sentence makes no sense. How does saying... OH MY GOSH... I just got it... HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA XD............ As a mathematician wanna-be myself, I love this joke! I totally get this and it's actually surprisingly funny. Though it took me a while to figure out what you meant by it, I think this was really funny and I find it unsurprising that a poem like this can get first place in the leaderboards with likes. Haha...

Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:16 am
coehl says...

HAHA WOW

Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:27 am
Squirtlepowiee says...

My fav poem now.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:23 am
StupidSoup says...

Pretty spicy bud.

BeTheChange wrote a review...

What can I say about this? lol. It's clever. It pokes fun at the speech patterns of modern teenagers without being mean-spirited; as a teenager myself, I found this surprisingly funny.

Of course, since it's short, I feel like it would work better as part of a collection of jokes/humorous poems. Something that's only two lines long just can't stand on its own.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:03 am
Mysticalxx says...

Haha! Brilliant.

AntoniaClarke wrote a review...

Hi.
It took me a few moments to fully understand the meaning behind this work.
I like it. Simple, but effective, you got your reader thinking and anyone who has ever struggled with spelling will completely understand your point.
My only problem with it... is that I didn't think of something similar myself. ;)
Nice job.

Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:28 pm
mmad says...

Haha! That's actually very funny...

Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:19 pm
dgui says...

...10/10 would rate again -IGN

Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:39 pm
dragonfphoenix says...

I'm surprised the Pumpkin Spice hasn't been referenced yet... ;)

ccar wrote a review...

I really think it could be a lot longer but is awsome for the humor section i just love it which I could say over and over and over and over and over again but it is just great I would recommend you write more like this i really like it so keep up the great work just one thing I would recommend is to write an actual poem which I think u would be good at since you made me chuckle with this how can I say it small poem type thing but good job u made me laugh

ChipsMcCoy says...

This is an actual poem. And thanks! :)

herbgirl says...

Great!

goddessathena says...

This is simply wonderful. It's brief and to the point. I really like the way in which you take an overused phrase and warp it into something funny. Also, it partially explains why people say 'I can't even' in a humorous way. Well crafted. Unsurprisingly, I didn't find any mistakes.

Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:09 pm
Inked wrote a review...

hello, Inked here,
so your poem "I can't even"
Is brilliant in its simplicity. I honestly don't think it needs anything more.
not at all what I expected, but then again that is what made it what it is.
Well crafted and I can see the thoughtfulness.
honestly anyone who tries to copy a poem like yours would be in for some real work because this is the real deal. This is real art.
I would love to understand your thought process if nothing else, because in all truth this poem doesn't give us much room to dive.
but good job.
Peace out!
~Inked

Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:50 pm
ChiravianSkies wrote a review...

Chips, it seems you have made everyone on this website laugh, and I'm one of them. Having read the book Deeper Thoughts the other day, you remind me of that. (Can't find who wrote it, too lazy to grab it XD) I thought the poem would be longer, but I can see that isn't and you've made a single punchy line that I won't soon forget. Thank you for making days brighter with this poem. (Why do teenage girls walk in groups of three? Because they can't even.)

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:49 pm
Ziploc says...

Wow. I can't even... ^.^

ChipsMcCoy says...

...and I can't odd either.

Ziploc says...

Ahahaha...:P

Ziploc says...

This was a brilliant poem..lol

ChipsMcCoy says...

Lol, thanks :)

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:42 pm
CHRISSY321 says...

This is confusing- and a little comical. I was caught off guard though! XD

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:21 pm
Vivian says...

WTF, I was really expecting a poem. ;-) Lol though.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:12 pm
pendr says...

Oh, my gosh.
This is brilliance at its finest.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:22 pm
aquin says...

Really well written and exiting!

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:44 pm
ncep says...

I never knew someone could have so much talent. This is the most beutiful piece of literature I have ever read. My favorite part was when the main character said "I can't odd either. " All in all 10 out of 10 in my book!

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:24 pm
arus wrote a review...

This is an amazing piece of art. I was not expecting this. This is very witty. This is the perfect amount of bad, good, and weird that it is perfect. This is very amusing and It was the first thing that made me laugh today. I wonder if you could have made it a bit less catchy as my "friend" is now obsessed and will not be quiet Thank you for the pick-me-up.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:30 pm
jmat says...

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:03 pm
SkyeWalker wrote a review...

XD this is brilliant. You thought this out really well and were quite witty. I'm not sure how I will review this though. :/

Most people, when they see the title, would think you would go on a ranty poem about life, boyfriends/girlfriends, uh.. Life, and life. Instead, you put something down which people wouldn't have thought of, and just put it out there. "I can't odd either." I think this wins the award for shortest poem on here. Maybe not. But maybe. XD

Thank you for a witty read and a surprising read as well! :D

ZHIA THE... WONDERFUL HUMAN

Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:19 am
EscaSkye says...

You caught me off guard there :P. This is pretty amusing.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:34 am
Willard says...

I have been sitting on it for a couple of hours and it is official.

I love this.

ChipsMcCoy says...

<3

Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:03 pm
r4p17 says...

Hahaha! I cracked up when I read this! You are so profound! :D

ChipsMcCoy says...

Thanks ;)

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:56 pm
Firelight says...

This is perfection

ChipsMcCoy says...

<3

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:50 pm
Firestarter wrote a review...

Hey ChipsMcCoy,

I am particular fan of poems that include the title as part of the poem itself. There's something fun about reading what the title is and then flowing into the poem body itself as smooth as a fine bourbon.

The existential crisis you posit is intriguing. An individual who can neither process odd nor even numbers I see as a metaphor for the experience of existing in the modern world we inhabit - how can we on one hand can we spend so much time deciding which TV show to pick on Netflix, and yet also spend so little time understanding the economic crises of our times, or truly understand the complex conflicts of Syria, of Libya, or Iraq, of Eastern Ukraine? I see the narrator as person unable to do either. He or she is the quintessential narrator in our zeitgeist of post-poststructuralist culture. Wherever he or she turns they are beset by doubts and confusion. What should I spread on my toast? Why do ISIS keep beheading everyone? Why are we here? Where are we going?

And to tie this post-poststructuralist existential crisis into the banality of popular internet culture by mocking the tumblrites and their constant refrain of "I can't even" must rank this particular piece of work even higher in the echelons of contemporary literature. The brevity with which you dismiss their memetic gobbledygook is masterful and will go down in ages.

I mean, seriously, I literally can't even right now.

ChipsMcCoy says...

This was one of the best reviews I've ever received. Thanks! XDD

Prokaryote says...

how many papers have you written in your time, Jack

Firestarter says...

Quite a few. I'm particularly proud of "memetic gobbledygook" which I will now use with reckless abandon.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:35 pm
Cithara says...

Chips
I pray the day you run out of these hilarious posts does not come anytime soon.

ChipsMcCoy says...

Hehe, thank you so much.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:33 pm
WritingWolf says...

This is so beautiful. Just beautiful. I'm not entirely sure if it really counts as a poem or not (seeing as it's just one line), but I don't really care. Thanks for making me laugh, this was great. :)

ChipsMcCoy says...

Thanks! :D

Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:20 pm
SecreteJournalist wrote a review...

Well, SecreteJournalist here for a review. First of all, when I saw the title I was rather excited to see a sassy poem. And then I opened it to this and just died of laughter. Your use of grammar, spacing and punctuation are all perfect. I'd say to lengthen this, but I understand it's just a humorous poem. So... great job. And thanks for the laugh!

Sincerely,
SecreteJournalist
AKA
Brie

ChipsMcCoy says...

Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:24 pm
TheWeather wrote a review...

Hi Weather here to review.

First of all, LOL. Ahem, let me compose myself. I guess the McCoy is back. This will be a short review. I thought this was a clever use of the popular slang term which is, "I can't even", meaning generally when someone is speechless and cannot comprehend what they want to say or have no comment on a subject that is too much for them to even give an opinion on. The poem itself is on the short side, but it's a good pun, "I can't odd either", its a satirical dry humor, which is the right chosen genres for your poem. I would advise it be lengthened though. But overall, I found it humorous and continue to write.

Veni, vidi, scripsi ~ I came, I saw, I wrote
— steampowered