Home » Literary works » Other » Realistic

Expressing your feelings is important.

by BhavyaMehta123

I still remember that as I was growing up I was completely a changed girl. From a happy, talkative, expressive person. I saw myself transform into a quiet person and someone who expressed less. And these changes were drastic! I never shared the incidents, never expressed gratitude like I used to. Why I suddenly transformed into such a person? Retrospecting now, I realize as we grow up and start to become independent we start getting sophisticated, and sadly less expressive. Of course there are people who are introvert but everyone should express to the extent they can.

With time I realized that as I started to share the school stories, my opinions, my complaints and problems. I could work things out  like generation gap. I found myself back again and I never had that complaint in my life afterwards, " My parents don't understand me." Same I did with my friend, being on a little higher end ( more expressive than him)  I expressed my gratitude for him as well. From time to time, with a small present or with my hug or with my writing I told everyone important that how precious they are to me. 

As we grow up, we forget those little things we used to do when we were small. How we used to tell our parents and friends that we love them. Recollect all those lost memories and tell everyone around you how important and precious they are to you. This the most beautiful feeling and It will help you to regain your lost self. Expressing can be in any form but the emotion must be genuine.

~ Expressing is important~

Dear reader,

Please express your views. It doesn't matter if you have any additions or a different viewpoint on this topic. You can express it through your review or comment. I would love to read it. Also, constructive criticism is always welcomed.

Wed May 13, 2020 8:10 am
mememimer wrote a review...

Hey, I can totally relate to the drastic changes you (writer) witnessed in yourself.

I feel that you could rephrase the following lines:
"I realize as we grow up and start to become independent we start getting sophisticated"
"I still remember that as I was growing up I was completely a changed girl."

And instead of a full-stop ".", using a comma "," would be better in the lines below.

"From a happy, talkative, expressive person. I saw myself transform into a quiet person and someone who expressed less."
"With time I realized that as I started to share the school stories, my opinions, my complaints and problems. I could work things out like generation gap."

"Expressing can be in any form but the emotion must be genuine." I really like this line. I feel like I'm a person who doesn't express much. And if you keep bottling everything within yourself then you're most likely to lose your mind. So yes, everybody has a different way to express. Mine is through writing.
Loved reading this.

Best wishes
I

Hi! Welcome to YWS. I hope you have a lovely time here. I am so happy to see so many Indians here. Thank you for such a lovely review. I will get to editing soon. Thank you for all the appreciation and love.

Tue May 12, 2020 4:33 am
sulagna says...

Hi Bhavya di...
I know i am late to review.. so sorry .
As you know i love ur writing as usual
please do tel me how u get different topics to write on..
for me it was amazing . it would have been so nice if people did not change.
I think this writing piece was amazing so ......

Keep writing
From Sulagna

hi! there is no such topic I choose. What comes to my heart I write that and give my opinion or share my experience and learning for the same. You may not get right now what I am saying. But, within next few years you will find that there are many lessons which life has taught you and I just let my heart out on any topic I can justify and I preach. I feel we all must write what we enjoy and what comes from our heart. Also, thank you for all the love for my work. And, Welcome Back. Don't worry you will learn and understand with time. :)

sulagna says...

Thank u didi

Ishan212 wrote a review...

Hello Bhavya, I am Ishan and I' here to review your article titled Expressing your feelings is important. .
So here we go:

Well.. as far as I am concerned, I do consider raising our voice at the right moment of time, is indeed important as talking our feelings out, or expressing them to a friend, a family member or just talking to ourselves in front of the mirror, does help us loosen up a bit.

However, this does not mean that one has to say something or the other on any given topic only for the sake of saying.

Another method of expressing emotions can be writing! Just penning down a poetry,or just a short story,talking about what's going in your life.( My YWS page is full of them!)
Making some music, or listening to a song, drawing, painting or even watching a movie can help.

And if everything else fails, a tasty breakfast or dinner can never leave you dissatisfied and help you tackle the stress that occures when you are unable to express yourself.

Keep Writing!!!
And yes,... I forgot to mention Welcome to Y.W.S!!! I'm super glad to see more Indians here.
Cheers!!
Ishan

Hello! I read your review and it is great.Before writing this I knew there would be many different views and different ways of tackling a situation. I feel it is perfectly fine. I loved how you kept your point of view very honestly and in a beautiful manner. I appreciate the same.
Also, thank you for the welcome and I am also very happy seeing so many Indian people on this site. This just makes me fall in love with the site. Thank you so much for such a lovely review. <3

If you have a dream, you have a duty to make it come true.
— Marco Pierre White