Home » Literary works » Other » Realistic

If people govern you.

by BhavyaMehta123

If people, their opinions and attention. If the thing which matters to you the most is " others" then you need to introspect your ways. Then you need to think about your position in life. Then you must ask the following questions to yourself: Do I love myself? Can I be confident enough to undertake everything on my own? The answer you will encounter will be "No." And in this you will realize that if people govern your life then you are no less than a puppet.

If how people behave with you governs your life then you are in a disastrous state. If they love you, you feel loved if they like you, you feel liked and if they leave you, you  just become indifferent. Why? Because you never feel yourself as worthy. 

People must never govern your life. You can feel loved if they love you but you can't be dependent on them for that love. You need to nurture that self love within you. If people define you better than you then you really need to introspect.

I realized this a month ago and to all the youngsters like me who just limit themselves because of their belief and what others think of them. Remember you are the shining moon in the sky. Which is  lovely and stunning besides all its flaws. Be that moon who is no less or no more than the sun and who believes in the power of its beauty.

Lots of love everyone.

~  You are enough! Believe this.~

Hkumar wrote a review...

Hi Bhavya!

This is a nice message and something very relatable. Most of us define our lives by the judgments and beliefs that other people have about us. You said correctly that a quiet introspection about our lives can give a lot answers about this problem. I agree with the puppet thing too. Life isn't being the puppet or the slave of the choices and desires of others.

Getting recognition in the eyes of others makes us feel worthy and when the same people don't appreciate us, we feel low and inferior. I really don't know how to give a positive reply to this because deep down I know I too am not able to cope up with these things. The fear of 'others' always haunts me, no matter how much I try to avoid. This fear stays inside me and eats me like a demon.

The comparison that you did in the end with the moon and the sun was very nice and I loved it. It is really difficult to find our potential especially when there's so much of self-doubt. It's easier to say or recommend than to actually do it. So sometimes writing it like this does help to some extend.

There were some technical issues and improvements but they were very well covered by watchamacallit in her review so there's no point in repeating them. It's always nice to see some honest thoughts and writings on YWS. It always gives a feeling that we are not the only one's facing the problem.

Good luck for future works!
Keep writing :D

Hi! You are just always to be found around and by my side. Rather by everyone's side. Thank you! .
Thank you for liking my work and supporting me. I will edit those technical issues soon. And I am so glad that those last lines are your favorite. Thank you for such a lovely review.
The fact that dealing with other people's comments and judgements is difficult.
But I guess we all can by thriving every bit of self love which is a life long process. After all we need to understand the power of beauty within ourselves. :)

Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:26 pm
whatchamacallit wrote a review...

Hi there BhavyaMehta! I saw this sweet piece of writing in the green room so here I am for a review :)

I think this is a really lovely, inspirational message, and I have absolutely nothing to critique about the subject or content. I especially enjoyed your closing paragraph about the sun and moon ~ some very poetic outer space descriptions there, which I'm a sucker for!

That being said, in a couple of places the grammar and flow could be improved a little. For example, let's take the opening three sentences:

If people, their opinions and attention. If the thing which matters to you the most is " others" then you need to introspect your ways. Then you need to think about your position in life.

The thing is, only the middle one is actually a sentence! There are a couple ways you could fix that - I've put one below, but you can definitely put it in your own words.
If the things that matter most to you are "others" and their opinions and their attention, then you need to introspect your ways; you need to think about your position in life.

And in this you will realize that if people govern your life then you are no less than a puppet.

^I like how you describe this ~ it'd be neat if you could expand on this description a little, similar to how you describe the sun & moon! For example, are society's expectations pulling at your strings and controlling your every movement?

Why? Because you never feel yourself as worthy.

This is an incredibly small detail but I think something like "believe yourself to be" would flow more naturally than "feel yourself as".

You can feel loved if they love you but you can't be dependent on them for that love. You need to nurture that self love within you. If people define you better than you then you really need to introspect.

This is a beautiful sentiment <3 The only thing I'd say is that the final sentence feels just a teensy bit awkward because of the repetition of "than you" and "then you". Maybe you could try out something like
If other people define your existence more than you do, you really need to introspect.

I realized this a month ago and to all the youngsters like me who just limit themselves because of their belief and what others think of them.

It's very sweet of you to share this with everyone on the site! As a small critique, I do feel like you're missing "decided to tell it" (or something similar to that) after the bolded "and".

Remember you are the shining moon in the sky. Which is lovely and stunning besides all its flaws. Be that moon who is no less or no more than the sun and who believes in the power of its beauty.

Like I said earlier, I love the comparison you're making here! It's a very original way of describing this concept, which I like, and honestly, it's just beautiful.
(Side note ~ I think "regardless of" would work even better than "besides", but that's super little!)

All in all, I love the point you're making. Other than a few very small wording suggestions, I think adding onto the puppet description could be really nice! I hope you found this review useful and if you've got any questions about it feel free to ask!

whatchamacallit

Ahh! Thank you for being my first reviewer for this work. I was waiting for it. Your every small suggestion and detail matters. Thank you for pointing out. And I am so glad you liked it. And I am so happy that last lines are your favourite. Thank you!!! :)

Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:09 pm
DakotaMoon says...

Hey, Dakota here!!

This is what people need!! Its so beautifully written and worded so carefully.

As well as linking it to personal prospects!! Ithink this is amazing, this is exactly what younger generations need to hear in a time like this.

The language and the sincerity in the words it gives off so much calmness and reassurance.

Keep doing what you’re doing, i cant wait to read more!!

Hi! Thank you really for such a lovely comment. I don't post very frequently but I will try. :)

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
— George Santayana