z

Young Writers Society


12+

Alone and Unwanted

by joallover


Alone and unwanted

That’s how she feels

Abuse at home

With siblings to reel.

No knowledge in the brother

And no sort of mother,

A shattered heart, a smile conceals.

.

Alone and unwanted

He claims poly times.

Together and loved

The whole world cries.

With nothing to lose

He needs to choose

It’s her or he dies.

.

Alone and unwanted

She knows in her heart

Tried to deny

That lust was their part.

Thought it was love

It fit like a glove

Ignoring the tasteful tart

.

Alone and unwanted

Who is better or worse?

Three different people

And all of them cursed.

When dawn becomes Hell

It’s known very well

The smiles are rehearsed.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
433 Reviews


Points: 13351
Reviews: 433

Donate
Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:28 am
TakeThatYouFiend wrote a review...



What a cheerful poem. But this was genuinely eerie.
The rhyme scheme was nice. I like a work with a consistent rhyme scheme, and yours was original enough not to distract from the text.
Tiny little SPG here; after the penultimate verse you are missing a full stop. But I only noticed it third time through.
What you have done best here though is undoubtedly imagery. The very last sentence is a perfect example. Just taking "when dawn becomes hell," the comparison is amazing. When you say dawn the mental picture is centered around the colour red. This is warped from a beautiful red dawn the fire and brimstone of the second piece of imagery.
Take That You Fiend!




User avatar
38 Reviews


Points: 3706
Reviews: 38

Donate
Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:42 am
LiptonCookie wrote a review...



When I was reading this, each word felt powerful but coming from somewhere deep. The notion you provide the readers with is well-developed and supported, building up until the poem's conclusion.

Your form in the poem was suitable for this poem, as it gave the overall poem more impact as the rhythm of each word flowed (or for the most part).

There were some parts that did seem to stick out at me.

Who is better or worse?


However, this line rattled me. It seemed out of place with the question. Though I see what you're trying to say, the phrasing seems a little jarring...for lack of better word, weird.

It's her or he dies


I like how this supports the earlier line, but the specific wording of the line doesn't seem to fit in well. I suggest trying to re-phrase this like the earlier one.

As I continued to read your poem, I enjoyed reading the metaphors and the simile(s) you incorporated into your poem. Additionally, I also liked how the subject of the poem was clear and backed up until the end.




User avatar
17 Reviews


Points: 698
Reviews: 17

Donate
Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:11 pm
BlackBunny1998 wrote a review...



Hi, I hope you don't mind me reviewing your poem.

In my opinion, this poem is very deep and I can see that this would relate to society. This relates to many teens with different problems. In this poem, it shows one person that lives with an unusual family any other can never have. The second person is shown how the whole world would cry as he is together and loved with the other that is a part of his life. The third person interprets how her heart is supposedly broken, and she ignores the happiness.

So again, this poem is great :D Keep up the good work!





GET YER EYES AWAY FROM MY EYE SOCKETS >.>
— herbalhour