Tamagotchi Got Chi...PSYCHE!

by whence

"Forget You!", screamed behind hand
Your so nineties, I direct to your hand

Are you afraid of the dark? Or just boy bands?
Barred clichés suppressed by Gak in hand

'Ice Ice Baby ', echoes of abysm-soaked sand
held in palm of mind, electrolytes of hand

now gallops in the pick-a-number man
R-E-D spewed across B-L-U-E hand

Hey Arnold, from the skirt weilding land
football held by neck rather then hand

I'm breaking out my nostalgia-makin' gland
Signing off 'Remembered', with stale trend stained hand.

Skye wrote a review...

How could I resist a title like this? ;)

The only complaint I have is the "hand/hand" rhyme in the first stanza. I realize it's a ghazal, and that rhyming can be scarce, but perhaps a little more can be done with this?

Nevertheless, I found this very enjoyable -- it spoke to the '90s girl in me, back when we partied like it was 1999! *boogies*

Sweet.

oregongirl wrote a review...

Hey! :) This was pretty good. I thought from what you're trying to say I think you should make it longer. Well except for that it was pretty good. I had no idea what you were talking about but oh well :D Good job! :elephant:

I like the "talk to the hand" reference and the title tons. I get such a kick out of this poem I'm not sure I have anything serious to say about it, though ;]

whence says...

I know bumps are frowned upon, but hasn't anyone anything to say about this at all?

I am always saying "Glad to've met you" to somebody I'm not at all glad I met. If you want to stay alive, you have to say that stuff, though.
— Holden Caulfield