z

Young Writers Society



Let it Go (Mount Doom Beats)

by Pompadour



A/N: This is a parody of the song ''Let it go'' (from the Disney movie Frozen). I wrote it about a year ago and unearthed it just now, so.


Sauron's eye looks our way tonight,
not a hobbit to be seen.
It's a land full of annihilation
and the war's swept it clean.

FRODO: The fire's raging like the immense pain inside.
Don't let Sauron in--heaven knows I've tried.

SAM: Don't let Sauron in.
Don't let Sauron see.
Frodo, be the hero you've always had to be!
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know!
Don't let the eye know!

Let it go! Let it go!
Into the fires of Mordor!
Let it go! Let it go!
Don't give in, Mister Frodo!

There you stand, so drop the ring!
Don't let war rage on!
Gollum always wanted it anyway.

GOLLUM: (My precious.)

FRODO: It's funny how some distance
makes my appetite seem small.
So the fear that once controlled me
has now conquered all.

SAM: It's time to see what you can do--
to test the limits and break through.
No food, no water, no rations for me!
But you're free!

Let it go! Let it go!
You must defeat Sauron's eye.
Let it go! Let it go!
You'll never know until you've tried.

FRODO: I don't care what you're going to say!
It's my precious!

(Gollum pushes Frodo, takes the ring and falls into the depths of Mount Doom.)

GOLLUM: Gollum always wanted it anyway!

Ker-plop.

(THE END.)


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
6 Reviews


Points: 399
Reviews: 6

Donate
Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:22 pm
RandomxStoryteller wrote a review...



OML! It's soo perfect! I swear this is already perfect enough to be put in the movies! Wouldn't it be funny if they added this song/parody to the end of "The Return of the King" ?! Like everything is so sad after the Gray Havens and then there's this! Keep Writing! What a beautiful way to make my day!

Elrond: The ring must be destroyed.
Legolas: LET IT GO! LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!


Boom. Then the ring is destroyed. HAHA. Sorry, you probably think I'm crazy. This is great (and gives me way to many LOTR references...) :)

-RandomxStoryteller
(AKA a really big LOTR fan)
:)




Random avatar

Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:35 pm
LadyLorriel says...



OH.... MY.... GOD!! That has got to be the best parody I have ever seen!! I've literally sat in my room singing it at the top of my voice for about half an hour!! That is so so sooooo good!!




User avatar
128 Reviews


Points: 1204
Reviews: 128

Donate
Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:55 pm
fantasydragon01 wrote a review...



A Frozen parody? Say, what? Mixed with LOTR? It's a match made in heaven.
This was really, really funny. And everything seems to be in place. The lyrics are not forced. The rhyming, as well as the writing, was good. I think my favorite part of the entire song was the end. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL XD XD XD XD XD XD !!!!!!!
I apologize for my frequent "LOL", "XD" and "!!!!" I hope you don't mind.
Anyway, wonderful job. Keep writing!




User avatar
8 Reviews


Points: 249
Reviews: 8

Donate
Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:29 pm
Pencillia says...



This is funny, Mr. Weird Al Yankovic! Only, who sings the 1st stanza, or paragraph? I was just thinking about volcanoes today, so that's weird.




User avatar
558 Reviews


Points: 1219
Reviews: 558

Donate
Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:49 pm
erilea says...



This is great! I've never really expressed an interest in this type o' stuff, but I still understood the gist of it. Nice work! I was laughing at the end.




User avatar
15 Reviews


Points: 525
Reviews: 15

Donate
Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:58 pm
HazelGrace16 wrote a review...



This was really funny! I liked that it shared similar elements with the one from the Hillywood Show on Youtube. Both were equally clever, and witty. I must say though your ending was so much better! I love how Gollum came in with the comment "Gollum always wanted it anyway!" Priceless! I applaud you, and I found myself singing along. Just great!




User avatar
155 Reviews


Points: 2994
Reviews: 155

Donate
Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:21 pm
Arcticus says...



*goosebumps*

xD




User avatar
39 Reviews


Points: 2470
Reviews: 39

Donate
Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:10 am
View Likes
LordZeus says...



wow, this is really funny! I personally have read all the Lord of the Rings books, and watched all the movies. while those were often dark and depressing, you turned it into something really funny! I guess when you put it that way, Gollum was pretty stupid, taking the ring then falling into mount doom with it! this is probably the funniest parody I've read! You have a real knack for this. I have to admit, i tried singing it once. I wasn't too bad, if I say so myself. Over all, this was a really, really, really great song! I now have so many emotions bottled up inside of me because of it, I just have to...

Let it go! Let it go!
Into the fires of Mordor!
Let it go! Let it go!
(continues singing, oblivious to the looks of horror that you're giving me.

keep writing :)
-Zeus




User avatar
39 Reviews


Points: 2470
Reviews: 39

Donate
Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:10 am
View Likes
LordZeus wrote a review...



wow, this is really funny! I personally have read all the Lord of the Rings books, and watched all the movies. while those were often dark and depressing, you turned it into something really funny! I guess when you put it that way, Gollum was pretty stupid, taking the ring then falling into mount doom with it! this is probably the funniest parody I've read! You have a real knack for this. I have to admit, i tried singing it once. I wasn't too bad, if I say so myself. Over all, this was a really, really, really great song! I now have so many emotions bottled up inside of me because of it, I just have to...

Let it go! Let it go!
Into the fires of Mordor!
Let it go! Let it go!
(continues singing, oblivious to the looks of horror that you're giving me.

keep writing :)
-Zeus




User avatar
33 Reviews


Points: 53
Reviews: 33

Donate
Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:54 am
View Likes
elcuidador says...



This. Is. Amazing. (I'm saying this even though I haven't seen any of the movies.)




Pompadour says...


YOU HAVEN'T SEEN LoTR? GO WATCH ALL THE FILMS NOW I DEMAND IT



User avatar
160 Reviews


Points: 246
Reviews: 160

Donate
Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:03 am
View Likes
Rurouni says...



Holy snaps I love you XD

-have a cookie-




User avatar
20 Reviews


Points: 473
Reviews: 20

Donate
Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:54 am
View Likes
TealElephant wrote a review...



This poem is very funny. What makes it really funny to me is how Sauron and Elsa are like fire and ice... two totally different characters(see what I did there? Fire and Ice). Now I've never made it to the end of Lord Of the Rings so I hope you didn't just spoil it for me... I'll have to find out for myself.

Overall, this was a very funny twist of the two movies and a good and lyrical song that flowed very nicely.

Keep writing:)

~Teal




User avatar


Points: 16
Reviews: 2

Donate
Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:52 pm
View Likes
ty7lucky says...



Cool poetry/song I liked it.





One fish, two fish, red fish, aardvark.
— alliyah