The Artist

by Ley

Vivid colors pumped from her heart onto the canvas,

The blues and reds hit the cloth as she painted,

As if she was pouring her soul into her craft.

.

Her studio was her brain,

The electric currents ran through her veins,

It fueled her need for more.

.

More.

.

Like chords in a piano her arms moved,

As if she was the conductor,

And the paintbrush was her orchestra.

.

She hated who she’d become,

The woman who stayed home yet created masterpieces,

For others to admire and hang on their walls.

.

So, she snapped her paintbrush in half,

Threw away the canvas,

And never looked back.

Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:29 am
Jaygg wrote a review...

I fell in love with this straight away the title the artist caught my eye and the fact that you wrote this for your friend I believe is super great how they inspired you to write this piece. The last words ¨ Snapped her paintbrush, Threw the canvas,And never looked back.¨ Brings me back to a place that I was in myself once I am very glad to have found this piece because I really feel its beautiful. It also goes deep into how the artist is struggling yet others will never know or feel it like the artist thank you so much for writing this please keep going
-Jaygg

Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:25 pm
herbalhour says...

I THOUGHT THIS WAS MY WORK AND I WAS LIKE WHAAA AND I REALIZED IT HAD THE SAME TITLE

Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:47 pm
Bhaavya Singh wrote a review...

"Captivating and emotionally charged, this poem takes readers on a journey into the soul of an artist torn between the vibrant world she creates on canvas and the dissatisfaction that lingers within. The vivid imagery, metaphorical brilliance, and rhythmic flow paint a powerful picture of the internal struggle faced by the protagonist. The use of colors as a reflection of emotions and the metaphor of the studio as her brain add layers of depth to the narrative. The comparison of her arms moving like piano chords, with the paintbrush as her orchestra, beautifully illustrates the synergy between the artist and her creation. The internal conflict is palpable as she expresses dissatisfaction with the dichotomy of her secluded existence and the external admiration for her art.

The turning point, where she snaps her paintbrush and discards the canvas, signifies a significant decision to break away from the identity she had created for herself. It's a poignant moment of rebellion against the expectations placed upon her as an artist. The climax, where the artist breaks free from her self-imposed constraints, is a moment of rebellion that resonates with authenticity. 'More' echoes not only as a desire for artistic fulfillment but also as a plea for self-discovery. A beautifully crafted poem that lingers in the mind, inviting readers to reflect on the complexity of identity and artistic expression."

Ley says...

Thank you so much for the kind words! <3

Mudwesterner
— BlueAfrica