Young Writers Society

The Ultimate YWS Word Crawl

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:39 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

The Ultimate YWS Word Crawl

To keep things tidy: If you choose to participate, please make ONE comment in the thread and continuing editing to update your progress. When you FINISH please make a new comment with your total word count, total points, and tag me :)

New to word crawls? Here's a handy key of what some of the challenges mean:
Spoiler! :

Sprint: write for that number of minutes
3 digit challenge: take the last three digits of a number and write that number of words. For example, I’ve written 1162 reviews. A 3-digit challenge would be writing 162 words.
Roll a x-sided die: don’t panic about finding one in your house! Use google to roll one for you. The number you roll will either be the number of minutes you have to write, or the number you have to multiply to get the number of words you have to write.
Word War: find a person to write with you. You write for a certain number of minutes and the person who writes the most words wins.
Write to the nearest: this will be in multiples of 100 or 1000. If my project is at 5814 words, if I'm writing to the nearest 100 I need to get to 5900 words. If I'm writing to the nearest 1000 I need to get to 6000 words.
50-headed hydra: these are hard! Try to write 500 words in 5 minutes! It helps to close your eyes and embrace the typos :) if you don't hit 500 words you can move on if you want to, or if you're a masochist you can keep trying until you kill the hydra. in all my years of word crawling, i think i've only hit 500 words one time.

Welcome to the Ultimate YWS Word Crawl – a word crawl designed to take you around the Young Writers Society while making progress on your writing project!

First you start with the basics. YWS has 3 letters, so write for 3 minutes.
Let’s add some zeros to that 3 and make it 300. YWS was created in 2004, which means the site will be 18 years old this year. Set a timer for 18 minutes and write at least 300 words.
*Over 300: You’re Team Monkeys
*Under 300: You’re Team Dragons

STOP ONE: LITERARY WORKS
Posting literary works and getting feedback is the whole foundation of YWS, so it makes sense that you want to stop here first. Prose or poetry, what’s your favorite?

If your favorite is PROSE…
First you check out the All Literary section and notice that there are 28 different categories to post works under, so you sprint for 28 minutes.
Pick your favorite literary category on YWS. How many pages of works can you click through to find your new favorite story? Write that number of words.
You’re so impressed by how many works have been posted, you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and do a 3-digit challenge for the total number of literary works posted.
The ratio of reviews to works posted blows your mind, so you do a 3-digit challenge for the total number of reviews too.

If your favorite is POETRY…
First you check out the Poetry section and notice that there are 28 different categories to post works under, so you sprint for 28 minutes.
Pick your favorite poetry category on YWS. How many pages of works can you click through to find your new favorite poem? Write that number of words.
You’re so impressed by how many works have been posted, you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and do a 3-digit challenge for the total number of literary works posted.
The ratio of reviews to works posted blows your mind, so you do a 3-digit challenge for the total number of reviews too.

That total review number sparked you to write some reviews of your own, so you head over to the Green Room. Uh oh, the green room is kind of a mess and you need to help clean it up!
How many works are in the green room right now?
*Under 50: Crushing it! Sprint for 10 minutes
*50-74: This is manageable. Do a word war with someone for 15 minutes. Loser has to write a review
*75-99: Getting dangerous! Write to the nearest 1000 and do a review
*Over 100: Yikes! Do a 50-headed hydra and do a review

Nice work, you’ve made it out of the literary section! How many words did you write total?
*5000+: 5 points for your team
*4000-4999: 4 points for your team
*3000-3999: 3 points for your team
*2000-2999: 2 points for your team
*1000-1999: 1 point for your team

STOP TWO: LEADERBOARDS
Helping clean up the green room was fun, and it gets you thinking about how many reviews you’ve done total. Your next stop is to check your ranking on the all-time review leaderboards. Uh-oh, there are two people in the #7 spot! Write for 7 minutes to push Jabber or Juniper to write one more review.

Now you wonder where you fit into the all-time review leaderboard! Find yourself and do a 3-digit challenge for the number of reviews you’ve done.
*Don’t have at least 3-digits of reviews? Roll a 10-sided die and write for that number of minutes.

You were inspired by your overall ranking, so you check your review rankings for just this month. Wait. Have you done a review so far this month?
*YES – Congratulations! Write for 10 minutes.
*NO – Uh oh. Go write a review, then write for 15 minutes.

There’s one more leaderboard for you to check out. You search for your ranking on the all-time leaderboard for forum posts and do one more 3-digit challenge for the number of posts you’ve made.
*Don’t have at least 3-digits of posts? Roll a 10-sided die and write for that number of minutes.

Phew, you’ve made it out of the leaderboards! How many words did you write total?

STOP THREE: SQUILLS
You’re tired from all that reviewing and leaderboard checking, and you’re ready to do some reading that you can simply enjoy, so you head on over to Squills – The YWS News. Squills began as a daily format for YWS news on 1/23/2013. You’re so impressed by how long Squills has been running, you add up all those numbers (1+2+3+2+0+1+3) and write for 12 minutes.

SquillsBot took over in late July 2013 with the format that we see now. You add up all the numbers from the first SquillsBot issue (7+2+1+7+2+8+2+0+1+3) and write for 33 minutes.

You know from the Book of Records that there have been 13 editors in chief of Squills. There have also been 310 issues of Squills since SquillsBot took over (not including special editions). You try to write 310 words in 13 minutes.
*If you succeed: 2 points for your team
*if you fail: 1 point for your team (because at least you tried!

STOP FOUR: FORUMS
Checking out Squills made you want to check out all the forums! There are five main areas in the forums: Welcome, Community, Resources, Creativity Corner, Special Events.

First, you roll a five-sided die. Multiply that number by 100 and write that many words.
That number will also correspond with which forum you check out: 1=Welcome, 2=Community, 3=Resources, 4=Creativity Corner, 5=Special Events.

If you rolled a 1 and go to the Welcome Area
Did you know that there used to be people with light blue usernames called Greeters and their job was to greet new members of the site and help them feel welcomed? Have you welcomed anyone recently? Sprint for 10 minutes and then go welcome a new member.

It’s also probably been awhile since you looked at the FAQs. Did you know Nate only gave yellow, blue, and red stars until 2010 because he didn’t think many people would go past 1250 reviews? Snoink eventually added the rest of the colors! Now there are seven star colors. Sprint for 7 minutes and try to beat the number of words you wrote on the last sprint.
*Didn’t write more words? Do a 50-headed hydra.

Finally, you’re impressed by how much information has been posted in the Information Desk over the years. You see the total number of posts and you do a 3-digit challenge.

If you rolled a 2 and go to the Community Area
This is the main hangout spot in the forums! Make a note of whether you succeed in the following three challenges.

First you head to the Official Polls. There have been 270 polls over 6 pages, so you write 270 words in 6 minutes.
Then you head to the Contests page. There have been 193 topics over 4 pages, so you write 193 words in 4 minutes.
Finally you go to the newest part of the Lounge, the Trading Post. There have been 79 trades over 2 pages, so you write 79 words in 2 minutes.

There’s a 50-headed hydra coming but you can get out of it one of two ways:
*Did you hit the word count at least 2/3 times in those challenges? Congratulations, you don’t have to fight the 50-headed hydra!
*Have you commented on at least one thread on the first page of the Lounge? (there’s a small red star in the top right of the circle of every thread you’ve commented on) Congratulations, you don’t have to fight the 50-headed hydra!
*If neither are true, sorry you have to do a 50-headed hydra.

You’re blown away by how many people post in the whole Community section. First you do a 3-digit challenge for the total number of posts in Randomosity. Then you do another 3-digit challenge for the total number of posts in Serious Discussion and Debate.

If you rolled a 3 and go to Resources
There’s so much information to go around! There are 13 forums and subforums in Resources, so you sprint for 13 minutes.

You look at the knowledge base and see there are six subforums of specific information. You roll a six-sided die, multiply that 100, and write that many words. That number will also correspond to your next challenge. (1=Grammar, 2=Miscellaneous, 3=Poetry, 4=Writing, 5=YWS, 6=Archives).

See the total number of posts for each of those subforums? Write that many words.
Oops, did you roll a 6 and get the Archives? There are no posts there! Do a 50-headed hydra instead.

Do you have a Will Review For Food thread? Sprint for 5 minutes.
Do you have a thread in the Writers Corner? Sprint for 5 minutes.
Ever asked a question or answered a question in Writing Tips? Sprint for 5 minutes.
Did you say no to all three? Do a 50-headed hydra.

If you rolled a 4 and go to the Creativity Corner
This is where you go to talk about books/poems/movies, share non-writing art, and get the creative juices flowing!

Do you have an Art & Photography thread? Do a 3-digit challenge for the number of views on your thread.
Don’t have a thread? Comment on at least one thread and write for 15 minutes.

Remember when we were in the Literary section and you had to pick whether Prose or Poetry was your favorite?
*If your favorite was Prose, look at Fiction Discussion
*If your favorite was Poetry, look at Poetry Discussion

Look at the time the last post was made in that forum. Whatever the minutes were, write for that number of minutes. (For example, if the last post was made at 7:29pm, write for 29 minutes)

Finally you go to Writing Activities and see there 458 topics over 10 pages, so you write 458 words in 10 minutes.
*If you fail, do a 50-headed hydra

If you rolled a 5 and go to Special Events
How many Special Events have you participated in over the years? (participated means you either tried at least one event during the Olympics/Holidays or ran one of the Olympic/Holiday events. For NaNo/Camp/NaPo, you’ve made at least one thread and did at least one day)

If you participated in…
YWS Olympics 2021: Write to the nearest 100
ANY NaNoWriMo: Sprint for 15 minutes
ANY Camp NaNo: Write for the length of your favorite song
ANY NaPoWriMo: Sprint for 20 minutes
2014 YWS Olympics: Sprint to the end of the scene
2016 YWS Olympics: Roll an 8-sided die, write that many words x100
2018 YWS Olympics: Write to the nearest 1000
ANY Holiday event: Sprint for 10 minutes

If you haven’t participated in ANY of those events, tsk tsk. Keep doing 50-headed hydras until you either beat the hydra or write 2000 words.
If you participated in ALL of those events, hats off to you! Go drink some water and give your team 5 bonus points.

You made it out of the forums! Take a break and breathe some fresh air How many words did you write total?

STOP FIVE: ROLEPLAYS
Phew, we’re almost there! After all that forum browsing you’re ready to write again, so you head to the Roleplay area of the site.

Have you ever done a roleplay or storybook?
*Yes: You rock! Sprint for 10 minutes.
*No: What are you waiting for? Check out the information desk for more info on how they work, and then sprint for 15 minutes.

There are four roleplaying options, so you roll a 4-sided die. Multiply that by 100 and write that number of words.
*If you rolled a 1, you’re in the Storybook Sanctuary. This is recommended for advanced roleplayers, so I’m going to assume you’re also an advanced writer. Sprint to the end of your scene.
*If you rolled a 2, you’re in the Roleplay Realm. This is recommended for intermediate roleplayers, so you get an intermediate challenge. Write to the nearest 1000.
*If you rolled a 3, you’re in the Roleplay Hollow. This is recommended for beginners or for people who prefer a fast pace, so you get a fast challenge. Write to the length of your favorite song.
*If you rolled a 4, you’re in the Roleplay Duos. This is where you roleplay one-on-one, so I’ll assume you like to go head-to-head. Do a word war with someone for 15 minutes.

According to the Book of Records, there have been 14 completed Storybooks, the first dating back to 2010. Write for 14 minutes.
The longest roleplay to date has 13,808 replies over 928 pages with 10 editions. You're getting pretty good at this writing thing
*Do a 3-digit challenge for those replies; THEN
*Write 928 words in 10 minutes (if you fail, you can move on)

Finally, you’re impressed by how much discussion goes into one of these roleplays so you do a 3-digit challenge for the number of posts in Out-of-character Discussion.

You’re all finished roleplaying and you’re almost to the end! How many words did you write total?

STOP SIX: BLOGS, CLUBS, & PEOPLE
This is it, the final hurrah! You’ve had so much fun looking around the site and writing all these words, but you sort of miss talking to people. Thankfully, the last stop on your ultimate YWS tour puts you in contact with people again.

First, you check out the Blogs.
Wait. Did you know there were blogs on YWS?
*Yes: of course you did! Sprint for 10 minutes
*No: better go read some and sprint for 15 minutes

Have you written in your blog in the last year?
*Yes: well done you! Write to the nearest 100
*No: better get on that! Write to the nearest 1000

Next, you check out Clubs.
How many clubs are you in? Generate a random number and write for that number of minutes. (For example, I’m in 69 clubs so I’d need to generate a random number from 1-69).

Next you look at the Featured Clubs. Pick any one at random. How many pages of posts are there? Write that many words.

Finally, you go to everyone’s favorite, the People Tab.
Make sure your People tab is set to only people you’re following. Do a 3-digit challenge for the total number of pages on your people tab.
Now make sure your People tab is set to All Members. Do another 3-digit challenge for the total number of pages on the entire people tab.

Now look at the ratio of the number of people you’re following versus the number of people who follow you.
*If Following is bigger: Sprint for 20 minutes
*If Followers is bigger: Sprint for 25 minutes
*If they’re the same: Do a word war with someone for 10 minutes

You can’t leave YWS without thanking all of the mods who keep this place running! Look to see how many are active right now (hint only the people in green) and write for that number of minutes.

You finished the final stop! How many words did you write total?

CONGRATULATIONS!! YOU FINISHED THE CRAWL!!
*Please post your total word count for the crawl.
*Please post your total number of points for Team Monkeys or Team Dragons
*If you’re one of the first 10 people to complete the entire crawl, tag Carlito and receive 1000 YWS points.

Happy writing <3
Last edited by Carlito on Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:43 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

Hall of Finishers
1. Carlito - 12/17/2022 (13976 words)

Official Team Tallies
TEAM MONKEYS: 11

TEAM DRAGONS: 0
Last edited by Carlito on Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ask a Therapist!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:01 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Saving a post!

Edit: (I'm Team Dragons, by the way!)

Edit 2: Points earned for Team Dragons so far:

Stop One: 2468 words, 2 points
    Stop Two: 1758 words, 1 point
    Stop Three: 376 words for the last challenge and 1738 words total, 2 points
    Stop Four: 1833 words, 1 point
    Stop Five: 3406 words, 3 points

Spoiler! :
Welcome to the Ultimate YWS Word Crawl – a word crawl designed to take you around the Young Writers Society while making progress on your writing project!

First you start with the basics. YWS has 3 letters, so write for 3 minutes. DONE 117 words
Let’s add some zeros to that 3 and make it 300. YWS was created in 2004, which means the site will be 18 years old this year. Set a timer for 18 minutes and write at least 300 words. 290 words, so close!
*Under 300: You’re Team Dragons <--

Posting literary works and getting feedback is the whole foundation of YWS, so it makes sense that you want to stop here first. Prose or poetry, what’s your favorite?

First you check out the All Literary section and notice that there are 28 different categories to post works under, so you sprint for 28 minutes. DONE 795 words
Pick your favorite literary category on YWS. How many pages of works can you click through to find your new favorite story? Write that number of words. Okay so 11 works per page and 3 pages is . . . 45 words -- DONE/i]
You’re so impressed by how many works have been posted, you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and do a 3-digit challenge for the total number of literary works posted. [i] DONE 438 words

The ratio of reviews to works posted blows your mind, so you do a 3-digit challenge for the total number of reviews too. That will be 354 words to do tomorrow DONE! 453 words

That total review number sparked you to write some reviews of your own, so you head over to the Green Room. Uh oh, the green room is kind of a mess and you need to help clean it up!
*Under 50: Crushing it! Sprint for 10 minutes DONE 330 words
*50-74: This is manageable. Do a word war with someone for 15 minutes. Loser has to write a review
*75-99: Getting dangerous! Write to the nearest 1000 and do a review
*Over 100: Yikes! Do a 50-headed hydra and do a review

Nice work, you’ve made it out of the literary section! How many words did you write total? 2468 words

Helping clean up the green room was fun, and it gets you thinking about how many reviews you’ve done total. Your next stop is to check your ranking on the all-time review leaderboards. Uh-oh, there are two people in the #7 spot! Write for 7 minutes to push Jabber or Juniper to write one more review. DONE! wrote 236 words

Now you wonder where you fit into the all-time review leaderboard! Find yourself and do a 3-digit challenge for the number of reviews you’ve done. DONE! 286 words
*Don’t have at least 3-digits of reviews? Roll a 10-sided die and write for that number of minutes.

You were inspired by your overall ranking, so you check your review rankings for just this month. Wait. Have you done a review so far this month?
*YES – Congratulations! Write for 10 minutes. DONE! 270 words
*NO – Uh oh. Go write a review, then write for 15 minutes.

There’s one more leaderboard for you to check out. You search for your ranking on the all-time leaderboard for forum posts and do one more 3-digit challenge for the number of posts you’ve made. The 3 digits were 814, and I wrote 966 words - DONE!
*Don’t have at least 3-digits of posts? Roll a 10-sided die and write for that number of minutes.

Phew, you’ve made it out of the leaderboards! How many words did you write total? 1758 words

You’re tired from all that reviewing and leaderboard checking, and you’re ready to do some reading that you can simply enjoy, so you head on over to Squills – The YWS News. Squills began as a daily format for YWS news on 1/23/2013. You’re so impressed by how long Squills has been running, you add up all those numbers (1+2+3+2+0+1+3) and write for 12 minutes. DONE! 413 words

SquillsBot took over in late July 2013 with the format that we see now. You add up all the numbers from the first SquillsBot issue (7+2+1+7+2+8+2+0+1+3) and write for 33 minutes. DONE! 949 words

You know from the Book of Records that there have been 13 editors in chief of Squills. There have also been 310 issues of Squills since SquillsBot took over (not including special editions). You try to write 310 words in 13 minutes. DONE! 376 words
*if you fail: 1 point for your team (because at least you tried!)

STOP FOUR: FORUMS
Checking out Squills made you want to check out all the forums! There are five main areas in the forums: Welcome, Community, Resources, Creativity Corner, Special Events.

First, you roll a five-sided die. Multiply that number by 100 and write that many words.
That number will also correspond with which forum you check out: 1=Welcome, 2=Community, 3=Resources, 4=Creativity Corner, 5=Special Events.

I've got 1, so that means 100 words to be written [DONE! 111 words] & the Welcome forum to visit

If you rolled a 1 and go to the Welcome Area…
Did you know that there used to be people with light blue usernames called Greeters and their job was to greet new members of the site and help them feel welcomed? Have you welcomed anyone recently? Sprint for 10 minutes and then go welcome a new member. 336 words and new member welcomed

It’s also probably been awhile since you looked at the FAQs. Did you know Nate only gave yellow, blue, and red stars until 2010 because he didn’t think many people would go past 1250 reviews? Snoink eventually added the rest of the colors! Now there are seven star colors. Sprint for 7 minutes and try to beat the number of words you wrote on the last sprint.

Lim from November is going to re-do this one to avoid that 50-headed hydra
Got it! 405 words

*Didn’t write more words? Do a 50-headed hydra.

Finally, you’re impressed by how much information has been posted in the Information Desk over the years. You see the total number of posts and you do a 3-digit challenge.

Looks like that's 947 words, let's go! [DONE, wrote 981 words]

You made it out of the forums! Take a break and breathe some fresh air How many words did you write total?

STOP FIVE: ROLEPLAYS
Phew, we’re almost there! After all that forum browsing you’re ready to write again, so you head to the Roleplay area of the site.

Have you ever done a roleplay or storybook?
*Yes: You rock! Sprint for 10 minutes. DONE - wrote 300 words
*No: What are you waiting for? Check out the information desk for more info on how they work, and then sprint for 15 minutes.

There are four roleplaying options, so you roll a 4-sided die. Multiply that by 100 and write that number of words. 3x100 = 300 DONE, wrote 395

*If you rolled a 3, you’re in the Roleplay Hollow. This is recommended for beginners or for people who prefer a fast pace, so you get a fast challenge. Write to the length of your favorite song. 69 words DONE

According to the Book of Records, there have been 14 completed Storybooks, the first dating back to 2010. Write for 14 minutes. DONE, 380 words
The longest roleplay to date has 13,808 replies over 928 pages with 10 editions. You're getting pretty good at this writing thing
*Do a 3-digit challenge for those replies; THEN 992 words, DONE
*Write 928 words in 10 minutes (if you fail, you can move on) 477 words xD

Finally, you’re impressed by how much discussion goes into one of these roleplays so you do a 3-digit challenge for the number of posts in Out-of-character Discussion. Based on today that's going to be 793 words for me to write . . . DONE /b]

You’re all finished roleplaying and you’re almost to the end! How many words did you write total?
[b]*3000-3999: 3 points for your team -- 3406 words

STOP SIX: BLOGS, CLUBS, & PEOPLE

This is it, the final hurrah! You’ve had so much fun looking around the site and writing all these words, but you sort of miss talking to people. Thankfully, the last stop on your ultimate YWS tour puts you in contact with people again.

First, you check out the Blogs.
Wait. Did you know there were blogs on YWS?
*Yes: of course you did! Sprint for 10 minutes DONE, 426 words
*No: better go read some and sprint for 15 minutes

Have you written in your blog in the last year?
*Yes: well done you! Write to the nearest 100 DONE, wrote 127 words
*No: better get on that! Write to the nearest 1000

Next, you check out Clubs.
How many clubs are you in? Generate a random number and write for that number of minutes. (For example, I’m in 69 clubs so I’d need to generate a random number from 1-69). A random number from 1 -39: 12 minutes

Next you look at the Featured Clubs. Pick any one at random. How many pages of posts are there? Write that many words.

Finally, you go to everyone’s favorite, the People Tab.
Make sure your People tab is set to only people you’re following. Do a 3-digit challenge for the total number of pages on your people tab.
Now make sure your People tab is set to All Members. Do another 3-digit challenge for the total number of pages on the entire people tab.

Now look at the ratio of the number of people you’re following versus the number of people who follow you.
*If Following is bigger: Sprint for 20 minutes
*If Followers is bigger: Sprint for 25 minutes
*If they’re the same: Do a word war with someone for 10 minutes

You can’t leave YWS without thanking all of the mods who keep this place running! Look to see how many are active right now (hint only the people in green) and write for that number of minutes.

You finished the final stop! How many words did you write total?

she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:09 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Going to give this a try!

Stop One: Literary Works: 1850 words - 1 point

Stop Two: Leaderboards: 2001 words - 2 points

Stop Three: Squills: 1803 words (total) - 2 points

Spoiler! :

First you start with the basics. YWS has 3 letters, so write for 3 minutes. DONE!
Let’s add some zeros to that 3 and make it 300. YWS was created in 2004, which means the site will be 18 years old this year. Set a timer for 18 minutes and write at least 300 words.
*Under 300: You’re Team Dragons

- DONE! (314 words, I am Team Monkeys, I guess!)

First you check out the All Literary section and notice that there are 28 different categories to post works under, so you sprint for 28 minutes. DONE! (564 words - did a wrong calculation here!)
Pick your favorite literary category on YWS. How many pages of works can you click through to find your new favorite story? Write that number of words. DONE! (33 words)
You’re so impressed by how many works have been posted, you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and do a 3-digit challenge for the total number of literary works posted. DONE! (385 words)
The ratio of reviews to works posted blows your mind, so you do a 3-digit challenge for the total number of reviews too. DONE! (467 words!)
*Under 50: Crushing it! Sprint for 10 minutes DONE! (401 words!)

Helping clean up the green room was fun, and it gets you thinking about how many reviews you’ve done total. Your next stop is to check your ranking on the all-time review leaderboards. Uh-oh, there are two people in the #7 spot! Write for 7 minutes to push Jabber or Juniper to write one more review. DONE! (283 words)

Now you wonder where you fit into the all-time review leaderboard! Find yourself and do a 3-digit challenge for the number of reviews you’ve done. DONE! (559 words)

You were inspired by your overall ranking, so you check your review rankings for just this month. Wait. Have you done a review so far this month? DONE! (389 words)
*YES – Congratulations! Write for 10 minutes.

There’s one more leaderboard for you to check out. You search for your ranking on the all-time leaderboard for forum posts and do one more 3-digit challenge for the number of posts you’ve made. DONE! (770 words)

Phew, you’ve made it out of the leaderboards! How many words did you write total?
*2000-2999: 2 points for your team (2001 words)

You’re tired from all that reviewing and leaderboard checking, and you’re ready to do some reading that you can simply enjoy, so you head on over to Squills – The YWS News. Squills began as a daily format for YWS news on 1/23/2013. You’re so impressed by how long Squills has been running, you add up all those numbers (1+2+3+2+0+1+3) and write for 12 minutes. DONE! (431 words)

SquillsBot took over in late July 2013 with the format that we see now. You add up all the numbers from the first SquillsBot issue (7+2+1+7+2+8+2+0+1+3) and write for 33 minutes. DONE! (1003 words)

You know from the Book of Records that there have been 13 editors in chief of Squills. There have also been 310 issues of Squills since SquillsBot took over (not including special editions). You try to write 310 words in 13 minutes. DONE! (387 words)
*if you fail: 1 point for your team (because at least you tried!
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:34 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

I'll try my hand at this.

Spoiler! :
First challenge: 504 words, making me Team Monkeys!
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:58 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Here I go!

Spoiler! :
Write for three minutes: DONE! 116 words!
Write for eighteen minutes: DONE! 277 words, so I'm Team Dragons!

1162 Reviews

Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:00 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

I'M TRYING MY OWN CRAWL.

Progress will be in my carlito is noveling and I'll also hopefully remember to update my progress here :)

Edit 1:
I am Team Monkeys

Edit 2:
Stop One, literary works - I literally wrote 2999 words which is pure comedy to me. (I counted twice to be sure)
2 points for Team Monkeys

Edit 3:
Stop Two, leaderboards - 1058 words
1 point for Team Monkeys

Edit 4:
Stop Three, squills - 1080 words
1 point for Team Monkeys, because I didn't make it to 310 words on that last challenge

Edit 5:
Stop Four, forums - 1618 words
1 point for Team Monkeys

Edit 6:
Stop Five, roleplays - 3682 words
3 points for Team Monkeys

Edit 7:
Stop six, blogs, clubs & people - 3130 words
3 points for Team Monkeys

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:50 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

CRAWL FINISHED!!!

13976 words total

11 points for Team Monkeys

Ask a Therapist!

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:49 pm
View Likes
spottedpebble says...

Oh man, I'm totally trying this. (When I don't have school so I can write for 18 minutes to see which team I'm on.)
:)
rainbow
spot~pebble~peb~pebb~
in any order

she/they

spottedpebble

Congratulations!
— Magestorrrow