12+

Frost Lark News 11/6/16

by sheysse

Frost Lark News

By Skyla Holt

“Outsiders?”

Today, a ship arrived on our shores. Now, you may be surprised that it landed on our shores, because you likely were unaware that we even had shores. But, we do. We just program your brain chips to not register it, and usually it causes no problems. Occasionally, someone drowns because they couldn't see it, but that only happens, like, once a week. Anyway, a ship arrived on these shores. It came with many men on it, and they call themselves “The Travellers.” And they made sure we knew there was two Ls. They are apparently staying for some time in Frost Lark.

“My Life”

Now, readers, I am not usually one to share bits of my personal life, but seeing as I run the entirety of Frost Lark News, no one is going to stop me. So, last night I received a call from Erick. You know, the co-Mayor? Well, he asked if I had any plans. I told him no, because I didn't, obviously. He asked if I wanted to go to dinner “like, at a restaurant or something.” And, I hadn't talked to him in awhile, so I said yes, cause I figured he wanted to catch up. Then, when we were done eating, he asked if... I wanted to go out with him! I was shocked, so much so that I just got up and went outside for ten minutes and stared at a squirrel eating from a bird feeder. Then, when I realized he was still waiting, I went back inside and told him yes! So, now I've started dating Erick Harvey!

“Fan Story”

Did you know that the moon has footprints on it? These footprints were left there many years ago, when a group of aliens went there to claim it for the summoning. They built a huge prison on it, and then they filled it with sacrifices. All the sacrifices were tortured and slain brutally so that they could summon the great Overseer. However, they miscalculated. The Overseer was supposed to sleep in for another millenia. He did not like being waken so early, and as a result he wiped the alien species and went back to sleep. However, as he transcended the surface of the moon, he stomped his massive feet, discolored parts of it. That's why you see darker gray sections of the moon.

Wow, what an informative article! Thanks, Anonymous. If you want to send me an article, just mail me with the Messaging system! My Messaging name is Sheyren!

ADVERTISEMENT SPACE

Here is a simple tutorial on how to make any sentence Canadian!

American version: I'm going to go get some steak for dinner.

Canadian version: I'm going to go get some bacon for dinner.

American version: Have you seen the dog?

Canadian version: Have you seen the bacon?

American version: What's your favorite meal?

Canadian version: What's your favorite bacon brand?

Sincerely,

The Canadians preparing for the surge of American immigrants in their country if Trump becomes president

ADVERTISEMENT SPACE

Don't you hate Daylight Savings Time? The day seems to go on FOREVER. Work is longer, lunch is farther, and everyone is in a bad mood. So why not try Coca-Cola? It'll keep you in a good mood the entire day, because you won't be able to stop drinking it! You're obsessed!

-Coca-Cola

Survey Time

How many people live in your home?

a) None.

b) A few.

c) Can't you count on your own?

d) IDK

e) No, I cannot accept any American immigrants!

“Outsiders?”

I am writing this live, as I investigate the ship that The Travellers rode on. It's a large ship, consisting primarily of wood. I climb the run as I write this. The deck seems strangely empty, as if they don't ride on this thing for very long. Strange... they said they came from far away. I'm entering the captain's cabin and-

What was that?

The floorboards creaked from somewhere inside. I'm going to call out. No one answered. Oh well. The captain's cabin is also very empty. There's a large bed, and a chest. Everything looks... nineteenth century? I'm not sure. The whole ship is steam powered, so maybe its styled after the technology of that time.

There was the creak again. I'm getting nervous, so I'm going to publish this now from the internet. Okay, and printed. Now, I should leave. The floorboards are still creaking, so...

There it was AGAIN, closer. It seems to be getting closer, and-

Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:00 pm
Feltrix says...

Daylight savings time must DIE!

Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:50 pm
Lumi wrote a review...

This'll be short since I really want to rescue this from the Green Room, but your style and execution is rather poignant, so there's not much critique to be had. I'm very interested to see how Skyla follows up (if she does, good lord) next month now that Trump is pElect. I expect much salt and sarcasm (as much as is contained in bacon--bacon is very sarcastic for a meat), and I also hope she made it through...whatever happened on the boat.

That part seems to veer into the oddness of WTNV more than the remainder of the piece, so Skyla has hope as a reporter for Frost Lark I think. Up until this point she hasn't been particularly peculiar, but the final story brought me back into that weird zone where weird things are gonna happen but also return to zero next edition with bonus decimal places in the true spirit of NV, and now, I suppose, Frost Lark.

That would be my highest critique, I suppose--I think you pendulum-swung too far away from the weirdness factor against my last critique, and I apologize for the stark judgment. Some middleground is where it properly belongs, I think.

Keep writing. It's fantastic.
Ty

sheysse says...

Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:40 am
Dracula wrote a review...

'Tis Draaaaculaaaaa once more!

Now, you may be surprised that it landed on our shores, because you likely were unaware that we even had shores.
Well, yes, I have to admit that I was quite surprised. But I see where this whole 'travellers' plot line is heading.

I was shocked, so much so that I just got up and went outside for ten minutes and stared at a squirrel eating from a bird theater
Should this read bird 'eater'?

I take it Canadian's like bacon? And my answer to your survey is absolutely E. Though I do feel sorry for the poor Americans. WHETHER THEY WANT MY SYMPATHY OR NOT.

I'm getting nervous, so I'm going to publish this now from the internet. Okay, and printed.
Publishing it now in case something bad happens to her? And... AND

Nice job once again. :) Sorry about all my random thoughts again.

sheysse says...

Irresponsibly-conceived assignments don't deserve responsibly-executed complies.
— Persistence