Home » Literary works » Poetry » Romantic

I wish

by LizzyTyler

I wish I could’ve loved

Every bit of you

I wish you could have acknowledged

All that I’ve been through

~

I wish we could’ve grown

Old together

I wish we could’ve loved

Each other; foreve

~

I wish that I wasn’t

So close minded

I wish that our point of views

Weren’t so divided

~

I wish that our lives together

Could’ve been full of laughter

I wish we could’ve gotten

Our happy ever after

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:19 pm
AriesBookworm wrote a review...

This is very well written. This seems like two people who loved each other very much but through tragic miscommunication, a heart shattering breakup happened that neither of them wanted to happen. The main character still longs for the other person and there is a possibility that the other person still longs for them. But through miscommunication and differing views on certain things, they split. This is often the reality for most couples and WHY they break up. If they would simply have talked things through, they might still be together. You really capture the regret, desperation, longing, and sadness that a person would feel in this situation.

LizzyTyler says...

Thank you for your review ^^

Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:57 pm
nymphasita wrote a review...

Hi! Just testing my reviewing skills here as I am new.

I really like this poem. I like the repetition of the word 'wish' because no matter how many times you wish sometimes things just aren't meant to be. I like the story the poem tells from both sides. On one end they need the other person to recognise them and their stuggles but maybe they also need to see that the other person might have their own struggles that are preventing them from doing so.

I don't know if that's the intent it was written with but it's a lovely but sadly relatable poem haha.

That's all for now. Excited to see what else you write :)

LizzyTyler says...

Hi nymphasita! I appreciate your review, and I love hearing people%u2019s interpretations of my works! Also, welcome to YWS ^^

nymphasita says...

Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:52 pm

We wish love were as easy and right as it is so often written and imagined.Some things are to be kept.Some are to be let go.We aren’t responsible for our feelings.It’s what we feel.And yet we want to have the open, bright hearts of the protagonists in these romance stories.But not all of us do.I hope that you will have a fantastic and beautiful day and night.

LizzyTyler says...

Thank you for the review! I appreciate hearing your interpretation!
(By the way, I took care of your duplicate comments! I hope you have an amazing day as well ^^)

The very worst use of time is to do very well what need not be done at all.
— Benjamin Tregoe