Home » Literary works » Poetry » Health

I Will Always Stand by You

by LizzyTyler

When the world is crashing down

And there’s nothing you can do

I will always be here

I will always stand by you.

When stress sweeps you off your feet

And you don’t know what to do

I will always be here

I will always stand by you

When your world comes crashing down

And there is nothing either of us can do

I hope you know that I will always be here

And that I will always stand by you

Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:44 am
PoetryMisfit says...

Hi there!

I just wanted to leave a quick review. I really love this poem - it's short but very beautiful in its simplicity. I love the repetition at the end of each stanza to emphasize the narrator's promise. I also love how in the last stanza, the narrator is very honest about not always having the answers but will be there anyway. I just love that! I think that's something we should all be reminded of and embody in the lives of those closest to us. Review-wise there isn't anything I can offer because it doesn't really need it, however I would recommend leaving off the "and that" at the beginning of the last verse (I think it flows better without it and makes it more dramatic, more striking, but that's just me). All in all, very well done and I hope you keep writing!

-Poetry Misfit

Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:57 pm
PoetryMisfit wrote a review...

Hi there!

-Poetry Misfit

LizzyTyler says...

Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:22 pm

This was a sweet poem.It really shows that no matter what,the narrator will always stand by whoever they are addressing in the poem.It also shows that there are still people who will be there for someone no matter what.Through thick and thin.The lines I liked the most were:”I hope you know that I will always be here and that I will always stand by you.” Anyway,I hope you have a lovely day/night.

LizzyTyler says...

Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:01 pm
Mooilky wrote a review...

Hello, I am leaving a review.

First of all, this was a lovely poem to read right now. The sentiment of togetherness is never overdone and I'm thankful you took the time to share!

Some bits I especially liked in this poem were the alliteration of "stress sweeps" and "comes crashing".

Something that I think might make the final line more impactful would be to remove "And that".
Having the poem repeat "I will always stand by you" for the third (and final) time just the same as before could help evoke the idea that even with all these things happening, that remains unchanged.

This is a sweet poem and I really enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing your art!

Best wishes <3

LizzyTyler says...

One believes things because one has been conditioned to believe them.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World