a smile like suicide *edited*

by LadySpark

Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:11 am
ILoveBooks123 wrote a review...

Hello there! This is ILoveBooks for a review in Review Day. So I just wanna review things about your incredible poem.

Happy Review Day by the way! It so nice to be back and review one great poem again. I miss this feeling.

Anyway....

This is just wow. Just wow. It was incredible and I don't even know what to say beside Good Job on writing this thing. You got magic there, sweetie. It was amazing that it give me emotions and those words just goes through my heart.

The title was great. And it got my curiosity. I was like wondering earlier, What could this poem all about. And when I click it. I never actually regret clicking this! :D You are amazing like I said earlier.

The beginning already caught my attention so I didn't stop reading it until the end. It was just giving me emotions that I haven't felt in years. This is actually a bitter sweet one. And I like it.

The flow of the poem is great. You might not rhyme it but it was already great and it express good things. Your choice of words are also great that express a lot of mixed feelings for everyone who is currently reading this one. I also like your format by the way.

Actually, I don't know what else I wanna comment because this was simply beautiful. So I don't wanna say anything bad about a good poem. The end gives me more thrills. And that's good. It was gold. It was neat. And there's no need of edit anymore.

Well done!

Anyway that's all for now. It was a great one to review! Continue writing and I know for sure you will have a great future ahead of you because you inspire a lot of us to write something like this including ms. So I hope you don't stop writing!

Again, Happy Review Day!

-ILoveBooks out.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:47 am
Lumi wrote a review...

Sizzle. <3

You're growing at an incredible pace again. This is a huge step up from your last piece, and as is natural, it came from raw pain. I'm sorry for the circumstance, but I told you it would produce something untouchable--and I wasn't wrong.

First off, I like the header lines better as unformatted parts of the stanzas themselves. There's no real need to separate them, and if anything it just detracts from the excellent flow of the latter stanzas. The exception is the spacing on the line:

i will whisper that

i am a black hole meant to be a girl--

but you won't hear me.

I do enjoy that spacing, but I think it would work better as a Sikenesque indentation and not a header format. In that sense, you could essentially merge stanzas two and three and smooth out your flow more professionally.

Beyond that, there are a couple of lines I want to poke at because I'm me and we talk about these things because we are us. In stanza one, you switch from this beautiful lyrical sentiment of the narrator practically releasing the second party from the gravity of their romance, but you immediately jump into this wolf imagery that isn't set up or returned to in the latter stanzas. Put simply, it feels left-fieldish, and I think you could repurpose the line to bring out something stronger; likely more narration reflecting the downfalls of their relationship.

Stanza three is lyrical gold. I don't want to touch it. The ending is neat and loose, and it really gives the sensation of those broken pieces just needing to remain broken and scattered. I like that, and I think your audience will like it in a published format.

Reconsider the headers, darling. I think you've got magic here.

xo Ty

LadySpark says...

Ilu ilu ilu ilu

Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:40 pm
Lumi says...

I knew from the moment you chatted me those first lines that this would be my new favorite of yours. I'll be back with a review WHEN MY HEART ISN'T BROKEN.

LadySpark says...

NO NOT YOUR HEART IT CANT BE BROKEN

Work expands to fill the time available for its completion.
— C. Northcote Parkinson