z

Young Writers Society



Waiting

by KaiTheGreater


Waiting.

Waiting.

Always waiting.

The world goes ‘round,

The sun goes down,

And still we’re waiting.

Waiting.

Dreams are fading,

Years are wasting,

And still we’re waiting.

Waiting.

Children die,

Mothers cry,

And still we’re waiting.

~

Why are we waiting?

Something’s coming.

Why are we waiting?

Someone will fix it.

Why are we waiting?

I have no time.

Why are we waiting?

~

Why do we wait?

Time is not eternal.

Circumstances are never perfect.

No one will do it for you.

~

Their lives crumble.

Their tears flow.

Their screams echo.

Their pleas go unheard.

Their prayers go unanswered.

And still they’re waiting.

~

We

Must

Act.

~

Be a miracle.

Be a hero.

Be an answer.

~

Why do you wait?


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 76
Reviews: 5

Donate
Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:25 pm
faye5 wrote a review...



I really like how you left the interpretation up to the reader for this poem, as you have included just enough context but not too much, that the imagination has to be used to come u with the responses that haven't been answered directly therefore making the readers think for themselves, engaging us through your words. The emotion that you felt while writing this is very clearly shown through the way that you have described this concept of waiting, and adds to the overall topic of writing about such an emotional topic.




User avatar
217 Reviews


Points: 13838
Reviews: 217

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:56 pm
WinnyWriter says...



This is inspiring. :) Great call to action. Also, nice how it doesn't necessarily say what the specific issue to be dealt with is, so it kind of leaves it open to speak to each reader according to what comes to their individual mind.




User avatar
21 Reviews


Points: 540
Reviews: 21

Donate
Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:23 am
View Likes
Ravenboy wrote a review...



Hi DragonLily, I cannot fathom why no one liked this poem as yet, because it deserves a like. For the bluntness and your bravery at finally writing something about waiting. Waiting, is one of the most hated thing in the world. Yet we all do it, I have no doubt that you are waiting for reviews, waiting for something. So why do we all wait? Good question, and I think your poem addresses that idea boldly and with justice. Waiting, is no doubt a hard topic to write, and a coroversial one. From waiting for a toast to be done or waiting for someone to hear the calls of your inner self of just step out to do something rather than just wait.

This poem actually reminds of Dr.Seuse, The Places you will go. Anyways, what I wanted to say was. I like the reality of the poem, the bravey of it. Well done, well done.

*leaves a rose at the end of the page*

Continue your good work, m'lady.

-Rx






Thanks for reviewing (and liking)!! I'd meant for this to be a more serious poem, but ended up editing the heck out of it, so I guess it didn't quite turn out that way... Oh well...



User avatar
11 Reviews


Points: 1017
Reviews: 11

Donate
Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:05 am
View Likes
Ell15 wrote a review...



I absolutely love this. I really like how passionate you are that people actually consider the words and don't just scan them for correct grammar and big-word usage. I really, honestly like this.
I like the way you write, and I feel like this piece could be like a chant from the way it echos and resonates.

Thanks so much for sharing.(:






Thanks!! I'm glad you liked it! :)



User avatar
37 Reviews


Points: 731
Reviews: 37

Donate
Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:08 am
View Likes
Rarity wrote a review...



Hello my dear. I like the bluntness of this piece. You didn't mince your words, which can sometimes happen when people try to make their writing sound pretty; however, I do feel that some of the lines are leaning towards being cliche, so just be mindful of this. Your grammar and punctuation look pretty good. There wasn't a consistent flow or rhythm, and I feel like rhythm is very important to a poem, even if it is free verse, so you may want to consider working on this, but don't mince your words to make it work. Overall, I quite liked this poem, and I enjoyed your thought provoking theme of waiting. Good job!

~Rarity






Thanks for pointing that out, I will definitely consider your advice! :)



User avatar
6 Reviews


Points: 528
Reviews: 6

Donate
Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:05 am
View Likes
TheResilentDreamer wrote a review...



This left me speechless to be honest. I am not quite sure what we "wait" for, but I believe you are referring to how we waste time and do nothing while there are many things that are needed to be done. You pinpointed the issue with concise yet descriptive word choice that was very powerful, and I truly adored that. Their is very little to change, and I think you have an interesting way of writing poetry.






Thanks so much for taking the time to review! I'm glad I was able to write something worthwhile.



User avatar
36 Reviews


Points: 1238
Reviews: 36

Donate
Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:42 am
View Likes
cherrycanwrite160 wrote a review...



wow. this left a mark. the words of this poem litterally hit you. each word spins the questions around in you head...each question arises another. i really enjoyed this and actually took it into thought. my head was spining my mind jumping and waiting for more. the poem doesnt answer these questions. neither does life. it make you think. what excactly are we waiting for? why isnt anyone acting? who are we waiting for? well spoken words we all needed to hear.
"children die
mothers cry"
this was probably my favorite bit. bravo...






Thanks for reviewing! I'm glad you liked it! :)





Thanks for reviewing! I'm glad you liked it! :)




For in everything it is no easy task to find the middle ... anyone can get angry—that is easy—or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy; wherefore goodness is both rare and laudable and noble.
— Aristotle