Silent Smudges

by DivergentDemigod

The sounds of pencil scratching,

fills the silence of the night.

The paper changes its colour under my eyes

White.

Grey.

Black.

Just like a persons heart.

My fingers are covered with graphite and is more

silver,

than peach.

I fill the page with characters,

figures, strokes and dare I say,

my feelings.

Smudging along the edge to give a better shade.

Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:32 am
InfiniteRectangles wrote a review...

This review is brought to you by InfiniteRectangles

Hello, InfiniteRectangles here with a review for you!

First, I'll say that I really loved this poem, and as a writer, and artist, and a lefty, I am well accustomed to pencil smudges haha. Anyway, on with the review. It will probably be rather short, because I don't have much to say about this poem.

I like what you did with the metaphors. The first metaphor is easily understood. However, the last one was a little more difficult to figure out. I had to read it again before it clicked in my mind, but that could just be my brain being slow and not anything you are doing wrong haha. maybe if you added a line or two where you added to the description, it would give your readers a little more clarity. Don't make it too obvious though. You want your readers to think.

My fingures fingers are covered with graphite and is more

The only other thing I noticed was that your poem could use a little more imagery. It's great like it is, but it doesn't leave much of an image in my mind. The vocabulary is rather bland, and there's nothing really spectacular about your descriptions. The way it is now, you have your metaphors going for you, but not much else. I suggest spicing things up a bit by being more descriptive. Play around with the vocabulary and try to avoid filling your poem with average, elementary words.

Overall, I really enjoyed this poem, and the only things that stood out to me were lack of imagery and the unclear metaphor at the end. Keep writing and have a wonderful day/night! :D

Thank you and i'll keep that in mind :)

Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:19 pm
RossiRainCloud wrote a review...

hello there,
so the first order of biasness is what I like about your poem thing :)
I love your beginning just how you started it, I main that's pretty awesome, but I don't really understand the
"WHITE GREY BLSCK!" thing you got going on there but that's okay maybe its just me. and I also like your strong end that was pretty good.
now for what you could have done better or just what you can fix.
The part ware it was like "Just like a persons heart" um...I think I am a bit clueless there but ware you said like I fill the pages with characters, that was good, and what is that...it sees like "silver" not to be main or any thing I just don't no why that's there, but hey all in all that's some pretty good work.
Keep on writing and have a good day.

BANANA OUT!

Hey!

First of thanx for the review!
I used some metaphors up there. You see I metaphorised the "paper" to be a persons heart. And when A Peron is small his heart is pure hence white but as he grows bigger his heart gets diluted and the innocence is lost . hence grey and black.
About the silver thing...well I metaphorised that too. When we draw with a graphite pencil our hands get coated in silver. (That's the literal meaning) metaphorically I mean that when I'm with people I have to hide my feelings and pretend to be someone else. And thus silver more than peach my original colour.

Anyway thanx again for the review hope u understand the poem better now ^^

sorry I may not be the best person to review this because I am not even good at poems, but if this is a poem seeming it is I will ask one of my friends who are really god at poems to review it if you want :)

Haha its okay and sure why not :)

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
— Steve Martin