Voices of Silence

by KaiTheGreater

The sound of silence

Is beauty in itself,

Redefining the wheel

Of human existance.

Bended, broken,

Chained, unspoken-

Laughter echoes within itself,

But the sound of silence is beauty untainted.

TheWeather wrote a review...

Hi, weather here with a review. I'm a new member so I may write sense or nonsense. Not quite a reviewing expert.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your poem, it was light, simple and had a clear message. I'm intrigued at your perspective of silence and how it translates. As a lover of silence, I liked this, reminded me a bit of snow. (Can't resist referencing weather :) )

There is not much I can fault with it so I'll just quote and interpret my favorite part of this.

"Bended, broken,

Chained, unspoken-

Laughter echoes within itself,

But the sound of silence is beauty untainted."

A small technicality here, the word, "bended" is in natural fact not a word at all. However I understand it went well with your poem flow and rhyme, just making you aware of that.

The final line I liked most, it left a lasting impression and thought.

Overall a great piece, I look forward to reading more of your "silent" works!

Hope I made more sense than nonsense.

--Weather

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! And welcome to YWS!

Hey DragonLily!
I really liked this poem! I liked the concept of silence and how you symbolise it! Your grammar and such is also pretty correct! I like the middle two lines and how simple they are!
Although I like the middle two lines I'm not so sure of the meaning of them: Silence is not bended it is simple. It is made to be broken but it is not broken itself. I'm not sure if the opposites are meant on purpose to show two hidden sides to silence but I honestly I can't see it.
Overall, wonderful poem! Great imagery, great grammar and just great!

Thanks for the review! (Could you please reread the poem, because I accidentally skipped half of it when I was posting! Sorry!! :) )

Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:47 am
TheResilentDreamer wrote a review...

Interesting piece. I to prefer silence and am sometimes considered a "silent type." Your work truly explains the beauty of the sound of silence, even though it does not make any noise. There is really nothing to change and I truly believe that you have a talent with using figurative language.

Thanks for reviewing! (I was writing this poem from memory and totally forgot about half of it, but I fixed it now, so please to reread? :) )

Of course.

ongoeslife says...

I just noticed, Dreamer, that your name has 'silent' in it. :P

That was a mistake. I was trying to make my name the The Resilient Dreamer, but I forgot an i.

Surround yourself with people who are serious about being writers, and who will tell you, ‘Hey—you can do better than this.’ Who will be critical of your work, but also supportive. And who will not be competitive in a negative way.
— Isabel Quintero