z

Young Writers Society


16+ Mature Content

Tired Eyes

by TheSilverFox


Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for mature content.

And here, for a second, I hoped
I could overdose myself with ennui,
be wrapped in shag carpet
(or an oversized, yellowing newspaper),
and thrown callously into a river
like a decaying and neglected fish,
so I might sail down a river
to the imaginary tune of Bach's tunes.


All to have my eye beaten in by a rock
held by the strong father of a child
in whose life I've been ensnared,
to teach the young bastard a lesson
on the impermanence of reality
when drowning in a sea of apathy.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
43 Reviews


Points: 4
Reviews: 43

Donate
Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:02 am
Fullmetal13 wrote a review...



Bruh. This was great. Your word choice was fantastic, your imagery was there...seriously, I think you nailed it. I think what you did here was beautifully nuanced and not in your face at all. I think that as the reader, I would've like your to be a little less vague so I could understand the message just a little bit better. I think the problem with most poems about abuse is that they're all very upfront and they beat you in the eye with a rock (ha) with how much they're about abuse. I think this does a good job of just setting up the imagery and leaving it a bit up to interpretation. Well done.




User avatar
48 Reviews


Points: 2085
Reviews: 48

Donate
Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:16 pm
shima wrote a review...



Wauw...this is amazing. Some great stuff, really nice. Well written, with lots of emotions and bringing tears to my face (tears of joy, that is). It is something really great and the stuff of wonders. I really like it and (or at least for sofar I understood) because it is talking about absentee fathers it is a personal theme for me. Seems something great, really wish to read more of your stuff in the future, since it seems that a have a great writer before me. Really awesome.




User avatar


Points: 0
Reviews: 0

Donate
Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:04 pm
DarthAntRin says...



This is a pretty deep poem :)





ah yes my boiling cheetohs
— tatteredbones