Home » Literary works » Script » Humor

(A Totally Not Evil) Bakesale, Act 11

by Spearmint, MapleWay

Setting: 7 flags, a popular amusement park in mid-western America. The park is filled with adults and children wandering around with slightly-glazed eyes. Instead of offering cotton candy or ice cream, the food booths sell sugar cookies that have been... ahem... "specially manufactured" by the Liburtigibbens.

VEX

Ah, 7 flags... I've always dreamed of coming here... and causing chaos among all those clueless tourists. (laughs evilly) And looking down on everyone from this roller-coaster car is just so satisfying! (evil grin)

SURGE

Ah yes Vex. You couldn't be more right. But the name... 7 Flags. I think it could use some... Work. (Begins grinning evily)

VEX

Hmm indeed. What would you suggest, brother? I personally think Vex City, with the full name of Most Magnificent, Fearsome, and Terrific-iying Vex City, would be perfect. (smirks evilly)

SURGE

No! If anyone's going to have their name in it it's going to be me! Besides. Surge City sounds so much better.

VEX

Hmph, no way! Vex is obviously a cooler name. (sticks tongue out at SURGE)

SURGE

Nu-uh! (Sticks tongue out back)

VEX

(frowns evilly actually rather childishly) Well, then... (shoves Surge) Take that! Mweheh-oohhh no (the roller-coaster car leans forward precariously, VEX leans back then tries not to move) Ah-actually, was there something else we needed to talk about?

SURGE (Still a little mad at VEX)

Oh yes... So what are our plans to take over the world?

VEX

Uhh the cookies, right? (scratches head) I kinda forgot what came next...

SURGE

Hmmmm... Same... Well we don't have anybody to help us take over other countries besides our little minions and our army of useless sugar-filled humans so I think we just kind of do whatever we want!

VEX

So are you saying... I can finally achieve my dream of dying all the national monuments bright orange? (perks up) Ooh ooh, and eating breakfast while doing a handstand on the Eiffel tower?

SURGE

Yep!

VEX

Wonderful! Well, uh, except that I can't do a handstand... but ahem! So, when do we start?

SURGE

Right now!

VEX

Whoo-hoo! (jumps up and down in excitement, causing the rollercoaster car to tip forwards and start going down the tracks) Oooops...

SURGE

VEXICAL LIBURTIGIBBEN! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?

(VEX and SURGE begin screaming at the top of their lungs while clinging on to each other)

Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:08 am

Hi Spearmint and MapleWay,

It´s so nice to come back to the script and finally seeing the two brothers again. Now that the kids have organized everything and are more or less ready to fight back, I think, it was a good idea, to go back to Vex and Surge. Who would have known that they would be in an amusement park?

It was a pretty short but very funny act, and I had a lot of fun reading it. It made me suspicious that they were on a rollercoaster, since I don´t believe they know what rollercoasters are meant for. I was waiting for this end, that both would be surprised. :D

We also get an interesting view on their plans, what they are going to do after they have took over the world. Let´s jump to some points, that I found while reading:

Indeed, my favourite amusement park so far. :D I really enjoy reading your description and how even the narrator is a bit strange while telling. I´m not sure here, but I think it is the first time you mentioned Vex and Surge´s race as Liburtigibbens. I think to make it a bit mor obvious for the reader what the Liburtigibbens are, you should add some comments that with the name Vex and Surge are meant. Like in this description, it feels like one should already know what the Liburtigbbens are.
VEX

Even before reading the rest, I can assume that this name will cause some arguing between the two brothers. :D
VEX

I´m sticking with Vex. His name sounds cooler. Surge City sounds more like a hospital because I make the strange connection of Surge = Surgeon / surgery. :D

I wonder how long the dying of the national monuments will last. His idea is so abstract yet ingenious that I can see it coming. Breakfast on the Eiffel Tower sounds more realistic, especially when there are no tourists.
SURGE

This is exactly the moment I was waiting for, for both of them to hold each other in a cartoony manner, watching with outstretched tongues as they go downhill. I wonder now how they got the idea to go on the roller coaster in the first place. :D Very ingenious ending.

This was exactly the kind of chapter I would have expected from the brothers. Both are funny and yet purposeful and still have no plan for the future. I just enjoy reading what else they can pull out of the hat. :D

You two have shown again how funny even short chapters can be and how childish the two brothers are. I like these antagonists, even though I probably wouldn't call them that. More like clumsy try-evil-doers. :D
Since the chapter is also so short, I can't say much about what could be improved. Only one thing I wonder is if Vex and Surge are on the roller coaster in a single car or one where there are other passengers in it too.
Otherwise, it was another classic, typical episode from the adventure.

Mailice.

Spearmint says...

Hi Mailice, thanks for the review!! ^-^
I think to make it a bit mor obvious for the reader what the Liburtigibbens are, you should add some comments that with the name Vex and Surge are meant.

Ah yeah, that's a good point! We meant for "Liburtigibben" to be Surge and Vex's last name, but looking back I realize that wasn't too clear. Thanks for pointing it out! C:
More like clumsy try-evil-doers. :D

XD Yup!!
You have fun writing too, and I hope you have a fantastic day/night!! =D

Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:32 am

Hi! I'm baaack again...woohoo....xD..I should change up this opening now or it'll be too boring.

First Impression: Well...as always, another lovely act...I love that we're giving some screen time to team evil cookies here so that we can get a sense of what their plans are going to be like going forward, and just check in with the crazy duo. :D

Oooh...looks like we're going to have a scene from team evil cookies after a long time...this should be fun to check in with them and see how they're responding to the things that have been going around.

VEX

I love the double reinforcement there for maximum evilness, cause otherwise its very hard to tell who the villains are...xD

SURGE

VEX

Certainly a very evil name there Vex, except when you want to use it in a trademark villain monologue, you might find that to be a bit too much of a mouthful to properly terrify people, they will be too confused trying to figure out the best way to pronounce it.

SURGE

Hmm...as a minecraft player, the name Vex is infinitely more terrifying, if you know what I mean..xD...but also Surge City just sounds like a detergent brand, let's be honest, you've gotta go with Vex city here.

VEX

SURGE

Nu-uh! (Sticks tongue out back)

Well these guys do a pretty good job of showing that the fight between them and the kids will be quite evenly matched considering they are also basically acting like 8 year olds.

VEX

Ooof....they almost took themselves out there, that would certainly have been a major setback for team evil cookies.

SURGE (Still a little mad at VEX)

VEX

Oh dear...well...they've fallen into the same problem I get when planning out a story, there's just this cool opening idea and then its just...uhh...what next?

SURGE

Hmm...so are they gonna take over the other countries or just play around with this particular one...this is going to be very interesting...

VEX

Dying everything orange...there are truly more evil than I could have ever imagined....hmm...although breakfast while doing a handstand on the Eiffel Tower sounds kinda cool, not gonna lie.

SURGE

Yep!

VEX

I'm sure that's only going to be a minor inconvenience towards achieving that particular goal.

SURGE

Right now!

VEX

Uh oh...they're in for a bit of a ride...shameless pun intended

SURGE

Ahh....a wonderfully hilarious image to end things on...the perfect start to a day :D

Overall: Overall, another hilariously awesome addition to this little play...Imma quickly run over to the next one then. :D

Spearmint says...

Thanks for the review, Harry!! ^-^

XD Definitely! The kids might even have a slight advantage. >.>

Yes, the neon shade of orange Vex is imagining is an especially evil color. XD As for the Eiffel Tower-handstand-breakfast combo, I'm sure Surge and Vex would like to think of themselves as the coolest villains ever! Stuff like that would be pretty common while they've taken over America. :PP
Thanks again, and I hope you have a wonderful day/night!! =D

HarryHardy says...

The kids certainly have an advantage

You're Welcome!!! :D

When something is broken, it can be fixed.
— Benjamin Alire Saenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe