Fraud

by L0ca1Tes1a

A fraud is a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

I am a fraud.

I was praised for being mature for my age, I just didn't want to disappoint you.

I am a fraud.

I was praised for being quiet and easy to raise, I didn't want you to yell at me.

I am a fraud.

people like how nice I am and how I rarely say no, I just didn't want to be alone.

I am a fraud?

I don't really know how I am. I have a personality disorder which affects how I am.

Am I a fraud?

Wed May 29, 2024 10:15 am
Coffeewriter wrote a review...

Hey this is Coffee and I’m here to drop a review!!
I love this poem a lot it’s really short and insightful in its own unique way and honestly great!! The repetition really portrays the importance of the doubts and concerns floating through the characters mind and the emotions flowing out like a broken faucet.
The conflict the character battles as they fight over themselves seemingly unscathed on the surface, I can imagine them crying alone in a bathroom with so many thoughts they feel suffocated or them having to pretend that their fine whilst constantly being surrounded by people and yet again the invisible pressure to act “fake”.
The word fraud also really makes the reader fall into a debate with themselves because the word fraud can’t really describe it enough yet describes it too less too. You’re not a fraud because you aren’t fooling people for bad intentions but you are one because you are fooling them for years or maybe months intentionally.
Overall, really interesting read and I loved it!!!

L0ca1Tes1a says...

thank you!

AnotherCrowInRow wrote a review...

Hi! I'm AnotherCrowInRow (please, use just Kay if you needed anything) and today I'm here with a short review of your poetic work.
I will say right from the beginning that this work really leaves an impression on the reader and the feeling that I have something to be interested in. I think that's what we should find in poetry - something that makes us think further about what we've just read. I also like how the evaluation of the word "fraud" changes throughout the work - at the beginning we have a definition, a bare fact that does not leave us with any emotions. However, as the poem continues, we have an assessment and statement - I am fraud. But towards the end it becomes a question - Am I a fraud? - and I really like the little detail that this is the sentence that the poem ends with. It makes sense. It fits the context of the narrator questioning themself while presenting evidence that they is a fraud while talking to someone.
The poem works nicely with emotions. I know this was probably a pretty rambling review, but I hope you got the gist of it - this work is excellent and leaves room for thought.
Have a nice day/night/whatever and continue on your jurney of poet!

L0ca1Tes1a says...

Thank you! for the review. i always love to hear feed back from people to hear their thoughts and that they like my work.

AnotherCrowInRow says...

You are welcome! I really enjoyed your piece.

Tue May 28, 2024 5:36 am
RavenNun wrote a review...

This is a really good and thoughtful piece! I can feel myself question my own intentions from my actions, whether what I do is because its what I want to do or if its just to please. While I can't speak on your experiences or others, I feel this piece might be able to resonate with the majority of others. Helping them meditate on their own lives and intentions. The breaks of "I am a fraud. ect" really helps to digest the poem. Shifting towards a question diverges the readers thoughts towards where I assume you wanted them to be. It's a great emotional and literary poem. Well done!

L0ca1Tes1a says...

can we just be proud Nate isnt selling his bathwater. yewis celebrities are the best celebrities
— fatherfig