z

Young Writers Society



Writing is my Strength

by FireEyes


I write when I can't speak but want to communicate.

No one can judge me for each shaky pen stroke,

each sloppy pencil letter,

each uniform key press.

I get to voice my unfiltered opinions and feelings

with readers coming from the future

but I am from the past.

It's already been said.

Writing gives me time to think of the perfect words.

I don't have to come up with something on the spot

and worry about every word I said

after I've spoken.

My courage comes through the pen's ink

when I want to stand up to someone.

My authority figures can't tell me I'm being rude

when I speak out what is on my mind.

My words flow eloquently when I have a statement to make.

I can't say these words without someone

telling me to say it their way.

It becomes up to my reader's interpretation.

I can express facial emotion without a smile on my face.

Adding pictures to enhance my message.

I can keep my writing to myself,

unlike talking.

I write to communicate, 

tell my story, 

use the perfect words, 

feel confident, 

confront people,

express myself.

I write to feel like I have enough to give to this world


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar


Points: 100
Reviews: 1

Donate
Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:19 am
View Likes
midnight786 wrote a review...



Hello!

This is a phenomenal poem! It's relatable and conveys your emotions really well. I can tell this is something you've thought about a lot and shows your love of writing.

--

In the first stanza, I love how you include the imagery of different forms of writing.

"No one can judge me for each shaky pen stroke,

each sloppy pencil letter,

each uniform key press."

The way you describe them is vivid and adds personality to your writing.

--

I also really love the third stanza because I feel the same way.

"Writing gives me time to think of the perfect words.

I don't have to come up with something on the spot

and worry about every word I said

after I've spoken."

Writing gives us space to think before speaking without overthinking how others will react. I think you wrote this part beautifully.

--

This line also really spoke to me.

"My authority figures can't tell me I'm being rude

when I speak out what is on my mind."

I understand how hard it is to say how you really feel to people who have power or authority over you. It's easier to write your ideas and feelings because you can't be reprimanded or punished.

--

Overall, I really enjoyed this poem and it was very well-written. You have a lot of talent and I look forward to reading more of your work!

Have a great day!

-Midnight




User avatar
6 Reviews


Points: 542
Reviews: 6

Donate
Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:41 am
View Likes
versonix wrote a review...



Hiya!! Good evening, morning afternoon whatever it may be. Here to give a review ^^!

Wow! Is one word I have for this work. I think this really shows the amount of talent and the amount of care you put into your expertise. The amount of emotion you can feel with this is amazing and captivating. I think this poem can pull the reader in and can feel the amount of emotion and many can relate to this.

I think the line

-" I write to feel like I have enough to give to this world"

Is one of my favorite lines, its so beautiful.
I will look forward to seeing more of your work. Keep writing and stay safe !! <3
-versonix




FireEyes says...


Why thank you versonix! And welcome to YWS! I hope you like it here.



User avatar
185 Reviews


Points: 12987
Reviews: 185

Donate

User avatar
60 Reviews


Points: 1763
Reviews: 60

Donate
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:40 pm
View Likes
LizzyTyler wrote a review...



Good morning, evening, afternoon, night, or whatever applies to you in your respective time zone. Anyway, onto the review. I loved this poem! It’s so relatable, and put so eloquently that anyone can feel the emotion put into it. You’re right. It is so much easier to write/type what you want to say, then to speak on a whim, in front of people who will immediately gage and judge your words.

I think my favorite part of this poem was the last stanza:

“I write to communicate,

tell my story,

use the perfect words,

feel confident,

confront people,

express myself.

I write to feel like I have enought to give to this world”


I love the visuals, and the emotion behind it. The only thing I might fix, is the last line. I think you meant “enough”, not “enought”? Other than that, your poem was amazing! I hope to see more of your work around. Stay safe, and keep writing!

-Lizzy




FireEyes says...


Thank you Lizzy! And I didn't catch that typo, I'll go fix it. Thank you for the review! It's much appreciated!



LizzyTyler says...


Your welcome!



Random avatar

Points: 52
Reviews: 5

Donate
Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:11 pm
View Likes
111 says...



I absolutely love this poem and I can genuinely relate to it as well. Which is crazy amazing when you have the power to be able to form a piece that can give someone the ability to relate and understand it. There is much else I’d like to say but just know you are an incredible writer and please keep going. From what I’ve read your work is amazing :)




FireEyes says...


Thank you 111! Your words are kindly appreciated!




I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
— Solomon Short