Home » Literary works » Poetry » Lyrical

Nightmare

by FireEyes

Nightmare,

creeping into your dream.

Some familiar faces

are scarier than they seem.

***

Do they want your love

or do they want your hatred?

All domestic scenes

become devilishly sacred.

***

Your internal truth

is violently set free.

All your running will never

get you away from me.

Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:23 pm
LiviK wrote a review...

I would first like to start by saying that I love how this poem connects with the reader. It brings you into your own mind to think about your own nightmares. I would say that it would be even better if it was longer and had a bit more detail.

All that aside let's look deeper.

"Your internal truth

is violently set free."

I love this line. It really shows how your nightmares are just what's inside coming out. Sometimes it's your mind playing a trick or maybe it's a real feel. I just think it's crazy what the mind is capable of.

"All domestic scenes

become devilishly sacred"

When I read this I think about how things that can me so much to you or things that you enjoy can get twisted in your mind. I'm not sure if this was the way I was supposed to look at it, but you can always let me know.

"Some familiar faces

are scarier than they seem"

This part also sticks out to me. Sometimes when you dream it's the people you love most that are hurting you.

This is it for now! Thank you for sharing your skills with this poem and hope to see more like them!!

-You have been visited by LiviK

Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:19 pm
Astral says...

This is so good! I love how you structured it and the descriptiveness, this is gorgeous!! <3

Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:00 pm

I liked this poem. It conveys how a nightmare is inevitable no matter how many people hate them. Great Job.

Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:34 pm

Oooh…cool poem.I love how ominous it sounds.Is the main character a good person or have they done unforgivable things in the past and now,they’re going to pay their debt for it? Could the character,in fact,be the monster described in the poem and is telling us,the readers,that they’ll kill us? Overall,I enjoyed this read.I hope you have a lovely day/night!

Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:08 pm
AriesBookworm wrote a review...

Nightmare,

creeping into your dream.

Some familiar faces

are scarier than they seem.

It seems like the main character is feeling betrayed or threatened by someone close to them.

Do they want your love

or do they want your hatred?

All domestic scenes

become devilishly sacred.

Again, it seems like the main character is skeptical as to whether or not they can trust someone who seems to have very dark intentions.

Your internal truth

is violently set free.

All your running will never

get you away from me.

It seems like the main character was the one with dark intentions all along...

Overall: I really like this poem!

All hail the mighty Glow Cloud.
— Welcome to Night Vale