z

Young Writers Society


12+ Language

Dandelions

by ElectraHeart


We're all just flowers in the summer,

But there's always a catch to a beautiful thing,

Some of us are watered more then others.

Some of us are dandelions,

Roses, Tulips, or Lilacs.

Some of us flowers are perfect and ripe,

Some who are not tend to piss and moan

About others behind their backs.

But a flower is a flower,

Please remember that.

You aren't perfect,

Nor am I.

But we're all just flowers in the summer,

Some of us watered more then others.

You and I, we just happen

To be Dandelions.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
171 Reviews


Points: 872
Reviews: 171

Donate
Thu May 22, 2014 7:25 pm



I guess this one is perfected with reviews too..... Post more so I can review em... Pweaseeeeee ;,,(




ElectraHeart says...


As soon as I get enough points Cheese. Lol.



User avatar


Points: 304
Reviews: -2

Donate
Thu May 22, 2014 2:37 pm
View Likes
picklemagic says...



Great job girl keep it going!!!!!!




User avatar
151 Reviews


Points: 388
Reviews: 151

Donate
Thu May 22, 2014 9:19 am
View Likes
Pinkiegirl13 wrote a review...



Hi, IAlreadyDied! This is Pinkiegirl13! I am your reviewer for today.

To say, I really love this poem. This is very thoughtful! Your words told me that no one is perfect than others, but we are equal. I really like it a lot! I actually enjoyed it very much! You are my favorite poet. I hope you write more.

This is the best poem I ever read.

Awesome job!

This was pinkie, your reviewer. And these are your review.




ElectraHeart says...


Thank you so much Pinkie! It means a lot to me. You just gained a new follower. :)



User avatar
44 Reviews


Points: 115
Reviews: 44

Donate
Wed May 21, 2014 4:58 pm
SkyeWalker says...



Hey, IAlreadyDied! Zhia here for your review!

First of all, I loved the imagery! :D

Secondly, This is slightly major. It sort of creates a negative picture.

"…Piss and moan…"

I think you meant hiss and moan. But correct me if i'm wrong.

That's it! Great Job!




User avatar
50 Reviews


Points: 254
Reviews: 50

Donate
Wed May 21, 2014 4:44 pm
beeyaay wrote a review...



Hey, IAlreadyDied, you're dead so don't come hunt me, this is your review.
I enjoyed this thoroughly.
But..............there are some things i should point out 'cause it was pointed out to me when I first tried poetry (not saying this is your first time or anything)......Okay.....moving on.......
One of them is your standardizing (if that's what it's called): there are no stanzas and although that is not compulsory in poetry, i have a feeling that stanzas will make this work more alive and not plain as it looks. Although, if you would not like to put stanzas, you could still work on your spacing; hold "Shift + Enter" to minimize the spacing between the lines, trust me, i don't know what it does but the poem just ends up looking more appealing to the eyes.
My favourite line: "You aren't perfect, Nor am I", it just reminded me of the Miley Cyrus/ Hannah Montana song, Nobody's Perfect.
aside from that, i see no mistakes in you punctuations or grammar and so you get a ten-over-ten.
We're all just flowers in the summer baby!!!! (woo-hoo)




User avatar


Points: 304
Reviews: -2

Donate
Wed May 21, 2014 4:44 pm
picklemagic wrote a review...



Great peom loved it. My favorite part about it is

Some who are not tend to piss and moan
I love it because the word moan it's giving it imagery in the peom.
You and I, we just happen
But this line bothers me and I don't know maybe because the word you is in there. But anyways that was my review and keep up the good work.

-Emma




User avatar
6 Reviews


Points: 554
Reviews: 6

Donate
Wed May 21, 2014 4:40 pm
LostTheory wrote a review...



I like this poem!
Yaaaaass!!!!!!!!!!
Let me just start of by saying what my favorite part was "Some who are not tend to piss and moan". Just because I'm very immature when it comes to things like that. You compared humans, I'm guessing, to flowers very nicely. For some reason when you said some of us are watered more then others it made me think of people and money and how they say "make it rain" when they are throwing out money. Is that what the were trying to say? Yes, go with it. Well I'm bored now so bye. P.S. I am right next to you.





For in everything it is no easy task to find the middle ... anyone can get angry—that is easy—or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy; wherefore goodness is both rare and laudable and noble.
— Aristotle