z

Young Writers Society



equatiøns

by Rosella



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
54 Reviews


Points: 529
Reviews: 54

Donate
Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:52 pm
postmalone says...



really creative! :D loved this!




User avatar
48 Reviews


Points: 174
Reviews: 48

Donate
Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:16 am
CocoaCat wrote a review...



Sup, DeepRoses! It's your girl, Caitlin; coming at you!
This way really cool, I'm impressed. I'm not a big fan of math (ar ANYTHING school related), but this was fun and I think I found some new ways to remember math terms. But this was a great read, and my favorite part was probably the exponents part. Don't worry about being the best, you did great, better than I ever will!
Well, that is a wrap, keep up the good work!




User avatar
498 Reviews


Points: 5966
Reviews: 498

Donate
Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:10 am
Que wrote a review...



Hey DeepRoses!

This poem is so neat. :) I love math things! I thought it was great that the relationship followed the order of operations. ;) Funny!

do not let the little things confuse you, my dear
i tell you not only but the truth
the value of our love can be multiplied
I beg you to let me in again

First of all, the fourth line has a capital I- as does the last stanza at least. You might just want to make sure your capitalization choices are all consistent! Also, I think you could have a stronger connection here than multiplied- you have another stanza for that, after all. You could say, "our love is exponential" or "I'm raised to the power of you" or "let's square up" or something. I'm not really sure, but those are just some I thought of.

I think that overall, you could squeeze a few more math things in there, not just one per stanza. And I don't think it's really necessary to underline the ones you use, but that's a style choice you can make. You've got these wonderfully titled sections, and I suggest using them to their fullest! Go from subtle to conspicuous or whatever you want. :) Also, I thought it would be neat if you had signs next to each title instead of colons. For example, -Subraction- +Addition+ (Parenthesis) -it could be cool! But only if you want to do that.

Love this poem! :) Math is love.

-Falco




Rosella says...


gah late response but thank you! the Parenthesis and Exponents stanzas were a bit tricky for me, which is why they aren't the best in the poem hahah. thanks again for the review <3




GET YER EYES AWAY FROM MY EYE SOCKETS >.>
— herbalhour