Home » Forums » Resources » Will Review For Food

whatchamacallit's reviews

209 Reviews

Reviews: 209
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:25 pm
View Likes
whatchamacallit says...

whatchamacallit's reviews

Welcome to my reviewing thread! If you're looking for an in-depth review that is full of constructive criticism, you've come to the right place.

What I will review

• Poems
  • Short stories
  • Essays
  • Art
  • First chapters
  • Middle chapters (however I will probably not read the previous chapters)
  • Most content, including gore, violence, and language
  • All genres

What I will NOT review

• Anything containing sex
  • Anything containing hateful content towards groups of people based on their lifestyle or beliefs
  • Anything with more than 4 good reviews

What my reviews are like

Poetry
I will comment on grammar, wording, flow, structure, rhyming (if present), and content.
You can expect a fairly long and in-depth review.
Examples:
Hopeless Wishes
The Narcissist's Dilemma (A Series of Limericks)
Perfect

Short stories
I will focus on plot, vocabulary, grammar, dialogue, and characters.
Examples:
A Motel
The Farmer (Part 1)
The death of Joseph Warren - an excerpt; Part 2

Essays and articles
These reviews will be full of very nitpicky comments and suggestions, on grammar, wording, and content.
Examples:
My Essay on the Rise and Fall of Postwar Independent America Car Companies and Comparing Them To Tesla
Adapting to Change
Only Needed- Horse Show Checklist

Art
If I review your art, I'll talk about technique, composition, accuracy (if the art is realistic), and colour choices.
Examples:
Paralyzed Collective - A Series of Art I Don???t Remember Doing
Ear Ring - A Visual Pun

Chapters
I will comment on content, plot, characters, dialogue, grammar, and vocabulary.
Examples:
Corrupted Courage Chapter 1
The Dog Ate My Homework Chapter 1

How long does it take for me to review your work?

I will review your work within seven days, at the lastest, but my goal is to review your work 2-4 days after getting a request.

Requesting a review

Comment with a link, and anything you'd like me to know. Also please let me know if you'd like a harsh review or a nicer review. My default can come across as a little harsh, but if you request a more encouraging review than I will make sure to comply.

I require zero payment in return. My reviews are completely free!

Lastly, if the work you request a review for is something I specified I would not review, or for any other reason I am uncomfortable reviewing it, I have the right to decline to review it.
Last edited by whatchamacallit on Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:01 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"Talent is just pursued interest; anything you are willing to practice, you can do."

"People protect what they love, they love what they understand, and they understand what they are taught."

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:50 pm
View Likes
LZPianoGirl says...

Hey! I was wondering if you could review an essay for me. It is not posted yet, but I will get it out by April 25. Its about the fall of luxury in airliners over the years. Maybe about 1,500 words. I'll tag you once I post it, if you can review it.
I'm The YWS Mechanic! Stop On By!
I Write For Squills! Request Something!

“A writer, I think, is someone who pays attention to the world.”
- Susan Sontag

209 Reviews

Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:52 pm
whatchamacallit says...

Definitely! Let me know when you post it.
"Talent is just pursued interest; anything you are willing to practice, you can do."

"People protect what they love, they love what they understand, and they understand what they are taught."

209 Reviews

Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:45 pm
whatchamacallit says...

@LZPianoGirl your review is done!

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:24 pm
View Likes
Tawsif says...

I'd like you to review a couple of parts of my.... Well, I still don’t know if it's going to be a short story or novella. It's still a work in progress.

You're exactly the kind of reviewer I need. Honest and harsh, as you mentioned.

These are the links.

https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work/Tawsif/Lockdown-Part-1-147087
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work/Tawsif/Lockdown-Part-2-147112
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work/Tawsif/Lockdown-Part-3-147139
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work/Tawsif/Lockdown-Part-4-147211
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work/Tawsif/Lockdown-Part-5-147225
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work/Tawsif/Lockdown-Part-61-147274

You can read the parts and give your comments on any of them. I'd particularly love it if you can do it part by part, but you mentioned you won’t review anything that hsd more than 4 reviews and the first part has 5 already. I'd also request you to review the last part especially since it has 0 reviews so far.

Thanks in advance. And please let me know if you can't review it.

209 Reviews

Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:40 pm
View Likes
whatchamacallit says...

Hello @Tawsif!

I'll gladly review all the parts, but since there's six it might take me a couple of weeks to complete them all. I look forward to reading them!

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:05 pm
View Likes
Tawsif says...

Thanks so much. I'll be waiting!

416 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 416
Fri May 08, 2020 3:41 am
View Likes
Liberty says...

Hello hello! I was wondering if you review scripts?
dread
/dred/
noun

the moment when you play a prank on a good friend and they react badly and you're afraid your friendship is over

209 Reviews

Fri May 08, 2020 12:49 pm
View Likes
whatchamacallit says...

@Liberty I've only reviewed a couple, but I'd be more than willing to try reviewing yours!

Reviews: 0
Wed May 13, 2020 8:29 pm
View Likes
Blackho says...

I just posted a short story, could you please review it. It's called Conundrum of Suicide, it is about a guy considering suicide.

209 Reviews

Wed May 13, 2020 8:59 pm
whatchamacallit says...

@Blackho certainly! I just have to finish one more review for @Tawsif, then I'll head over to your story for a review. You can expect the review within a week from now!

Reviews: 0
Wed May 13, 2020 9:54 pm
View Likes
Blackho says...

@whatchamacallit thanks a lot, I'd expect your review

416 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 416
Wed May 13, 2020 10:46 pm
View Likes
Liberty says...

Ah okay here's a script then, that needs a review: Hide & Seek (part 1). It's meant to be lighthearted. Annnd it's in the Green Room...! ;)
dread
/dred/
noun

the moment when you play a prank on a good friend and they react badly and you're afraid your friendship is over

209 Reviews

Wed May 13, 2020 11:40 pm
View Likes
whatchamacallit says...

Awesome @Liberty! I'll get to that by the end of the week!

209 Reviews

Thu May 14, 2020 1:00 pm
whatchamacallit says...

@Tawsif I've finished all 6 reviews! I hope they were helpful, and thanks for requesting them!

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same.
— Kurt Cobain