User avatar

dbrick

  • Poetry » Romantic, Realistic Re: if the streets touch the sky

    Hey! I really liked this poem. It carried a flow of deep imagery that really spoke to me. I like how you didn't explicitly explain the poem but rather left ...

    Feb 14, 2015
  • Poetry » General, General Re: the rooster

    Hey, Dbrick here for a review! Congrats by the way, it looks like this is your first poem on YWS. I like the rhyming in this poem, it isn't the ...

    Oct 11, 2014
  • Poetry » Lyrical, Realistic Re: Deleted 48

    What a great poem! The lines themselves are complex and carry a lot of weight. I especially loved the format of the poem, it is new and interesting. The analogy ...

    Oct 11, 2014
  • Article / Essay » Culture, Spiritual Re: Confessions of a homophobiaphobic

    This was a good essay; you communicated your position well and talked about many of the aspects of homosexuality. I do have a problem with your reasoning though; you said ...

    Oct 7, 2014
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Shakespearean Sonnet #8 - The Flame

    I am not that familiar with many of Shakespeare's works, but I will review this as best I can. This is such a great poem! I love the imagery of ...

    Sep 27, 2014
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Halfhearted

    I really liked this poem; it is so charged with emotion! First what I liked: I didn't see any particular rhyming pattern yet this poem flows very well. Many of ...

    Sep 27, 2014
  • Poetry » Politics, General Re: Black Abyss

    Hey dbrick here for a review! The flow of your poem was really great, especially considering the poem had varying long and short sentences. Your words usage was great as ...

    Apr 6, 2014
  • Poetry » Realistic, Teen Fiction Re: We are the modern zombies.

    This was a good poem! I really like poems that tell a story, and your poem about the zombie apocalypse is unique. Your description of the zombies/environment/yourself really brings this ...

    Nov 24, 2013
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Just Smile

    Hey! I really liked this poem. This is a great reminder of what the little gestures in life can do! I remember when I helped an older lady find her ...

    Nov 24, 2013
  • Poetry » Narrative, Dramatic Re: Come to Me

    This poem was so well done and really paints a picture of the mental progression of depression. The imagery was beautiful and puts a twist on the beautiful sunny ocean ...

    Nov 22, 2013
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Writer's Block

    Hey! I really liked this, it was simple but clever and it had a good flow to it. I wrote a similar poem when I had writer's block; it was ...

    Nov 22, 2013
  • Poetry » Narrative, Lyrical Re: only a book, only life

    This is a riveting poem that carried a sad tune. Your word use was eloquent and the rhyming worked great. Like Ibounce said, "her paper skin, her inky heart" was ...

    Nov 22, 2013
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Dream within a Dream

    What an interesting concept! This poem reminded me of Inception. Your poem flowed well considering that you seemed to transition from a dream about a lover to a dream within ...

    Nov 22, 2013
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Change

    This is a simple but interesting poem. I was about to critique you about having a contradiction "Change is hard but its not fatal, yet its killing me." But after ...

    Nov 21, 2013
  • Poetry » General, Other Re: Earthquake

    Hey, another review from dbrick! This poem was simple and made an intriguing connection between an earthquake and a lion (I think). It was a little bit unpolished (some of ...

    Nov 20, 2013


The continuation of our world depends more on the survival of the kindest than it does on the survival of the fittest.
— Arcticus