Scrambled

by Hijinks

noisufnoc
the noise of a
knock on the door
in the inky pitch dark
of 2 a.m.

isnofunco
it is not fun when
the flurry of words
in my head are blurry,
and they come back
in to focus
rearranged.

nosunofic
no sun is made
of ice, but the light
in my mind is
freezing cold.

fusnocoin
i'm making a fuss
about the coins that
drop through the
cracks in the deck,
because they mirror
my sanity.

confusion
my brain is
a con man
fusing my thoughts
into ions of nonsense.

Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:36 am
LilPWilly says...

🤷‍♀️🤯😍😱🤮😭🙏😍😍😍
How I feel^
Haha I get the joke now. I didn’t see that the scrambled words made smaller words until like 5 seconds ago. I especially like fusnocoin. The flurry of words is a vivid verse, me gusta él.

Hijinks says...

Haha I'm glad you liked it!

Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:25 am
starlitmind says...

Just wanted to say that I love this poem! All of your poems are so unique, creative, and genius. I really enjoy reading them <3

Hijinks says...

Aw thank you so much Starlit! <3

KahleneTenorio wrote a review...

Hi, this is Kahlene! I wanted to review your poem because I absolutely love poems!

Hmmm, I see. This poem has creativity written all over it. I love how you wrote this poem. I love how you used the word confusion at the beginning of each stanza, but it was all scrambled up, hence the name of the poem.

I love the literary devices in this poem, and the context in here, I approve! Also, the whole poem flows together, obviously, this poem took a lot of thought and time to come up with. I am glad you wrote this because the poem sums up my mind.

This is a short review here, sorry. There isn't a lot I can suggest or complain about, this poem is good! Anyway, I hope you continue to write like this so I can read and get confused and reread and totally relate. I hope you have a good day!

nanda wrote a review...

Hello! I am astonished to see such a great literary work. Well done and keep it up! It has been beautifully written. The best thing I forgot to write about this poem is it's unique title and theme. That was what attracted me towards it. It's title makes it stand different amongst the other poems. A fabulous poem and I must say, I would like to read more such poems in future from you. So keep going. I wish you a good luck for more such literary works in coming days.

Best wishes
Mahira

Fri May 29, 2020 7:47 am
yubbies21 wrote a review...

Hey, whatchamacallit! I haven't reviewed much in a long time, but this poem caught my eye.

Okay, so right at the start, I'm scrolling through the poetry feed, and your title and description grabbed my attention. Unscramble this? A challenge? Hoo-hoo, oh boy, my stupid little goblin brain is already excited. It's an excellent way to get more attention given to your poem.

Usually, I think I'm pretty smart and good at unscrambling words. How foolish of me. As it turns out, my stupid little goblin brain is pretty stupid and little. I only realized the pure genius and beauty of this poem by the time I was reading about coins. Also, I didn't figure out the scrambled word was "confusion" until I read it with my own two eyes. MAJOR facepalm. Hardcore oof.

Once it clicked, however, I was blown away. STRAIGHT UP GENIUS! I love it. It's so creative and fresh. I have never been so in love with words on a page. I love reading pieces that are so different than my style. Finding something an author does that I would never be able to think of is like tossing shiny things to my goblin brain. I'm just honestly so proud of you?? I don't know man, maybe I'm just emotional today, but this is great, I love you so much, keep writing beautiful things like this, bye

-yubbies21

Hijinks says...

Aw, thank you so much yubbies! I'm glad you enjoyed the poem! I sorta hoped it was set up so that it clicked after you've read the whole thing, so that a second read is really different than the first. Again, I'm glad you loved the poem, and thank you for the review!

Hkumar says...

Hey! Sorry it's not a review (I'm not very good in poetry) but I found your poem quite interesting. At first I wasn't sure what were those words in beginning of every stanza and then I realized your intention. Great idea. It was a pleasure to read your poem. :D

Shadeflame wrote a review...

Hi Watcha!
I'm Shade and I'm here to review your work.

I loved the concept of this poem, and it seems really relatable to me sometimes because this what I feel on bad days.

Your last stanza? Sorry, can't remember what to call it. Let's just go with stanza.
Your last stanza was my favorite. I love the fact that you hid the word confusion in there.

my brain is
a "con" man
"fus"ing my thoughts
into "ion"s of nonsense.

Honestly, that was a stroke of genius.

-Shade

Hijinks says...

Hey Shadeflame! Thanks for the review, I'm glad you enjoyed the poem! I'm glad you noticed how I used "confusion" in the last stanza. In fact, all the stanzas started with a scrambling of "confusion" (as I'm sure you noticed) and each stanza contained syllables from the mix-up of confusion - for example,
nosunofic
no sun is made
of ice, but the light
in my mind is
freezing cold.

Again, thanks for the review!

Hijinks says...

oh, and stanza is the right word! (:

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
— George Santayana