12+ Language Violence

Madeleine’s origin story-She hears the story of Gabriel

by vampricone6783

*Madeleine is a character in my story:”The town of Richardson.” You can look for pictures of her on my wall.If they aren’t there,check my story.That’s with every character.We’re almost done with this series of origin stories.I have one more.After that,I’ll upload origin stories for different stories I have.Without further ado,let’s get started!

Once upon a time,there was a young girl named Madeleine.She was fourteen years old and she had a loving family.

Her life was pretty normal.

Until one day,when her family had to move because her Mom had found a better job in this place than the one she was currently working for.

When they moved away,to a town called “The town of Richardson” , Madeleine couldn’t see why anyone would want to move here at all.

The place was depressing and abandoned looking.No one lived in the houses or walked the streets.She could swear she heard tinkling music in the air.

But maybe it was Madeleine’s imagination.

Their car stopped at a dark,depressing house.The curtains were covering the windows and the windows themselves were cracked.

A woman in a black dress greeted them.

“Hello,I’m Annabelle-Lee Richardson.I’ll be your tour guide.” She said.

She led them to the inside of the house and told them that this was where Bubblegum the clown lived.

“Bubblegum? Who was he?” Madeleine asked.

“Oh,it’s tragic,really.Want to hear Bubblegum’s story?” Annabelle-Lee asked.

Madeleine nodded.

“His real name is still unknown today,but he was a boy,your age,Madeleine and he performed in a circus as “Bubblegum the clown” back in the 90s.People would come over to watch him.Some picked on him and some praised him.He didn’t care.”

“One day,a girl from his school,Denise started talking to him.He liked her.He thought she liked him.I mean,she made it seem like she cared about him.They’d started dating each other and it was really nice.”

“This one night would change everything.Bubblegum wanted to have a date with Denise and he didn’t have time to change out of his clown costume.She met him at the circus.”

“The two lovebirds were out together,but then,they went out to the woods,where they found Lucas-the ringmaster of the circus-burying the bodies of his friend and his friend’s mother.”

“The guy wasn’t too happy with them finding his murders.So,he chased them,planning to murder them,too.Denise could get out in time,but..Bubblegum couldn’t.His costume was in the way.He thought that she’d help him,but…She just laughed at him and told him that she never cared about him.She was only dating him because her friends dared her to.”

“Denise left him behind to die,where he was murdered by Lucas,the man who owned the circus.After he died,no one cared about his death except for his family and his friend,William,who was also dead.Legend has it that he,along with other ghosts,haunts this town.” Annabelle-Lee finished.

Madeleine didn’t know how to feel after she heard that story.She only hoped that the ghosts didn’t exist…

Her parents weren’t scared.Why would they be? It was just a stupid ghost story.They bought the house,not knowing of the unfortunate things that would befall them…

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:35 am
ForeverYoung299 wrote a review...

Hey! Forever here with a review!!

This was an interesting read. You could include the time period as you did in the other stories. That can be of much help to understand exactly after how many days Madeleine came there. I mean after how many days or years after Gabriel's death Madeleine came there. That in turn will help us to understand how much can happen in between.

Now to the story itself. We near about knew the whole story which the person dressed in black narrated to them. So, no comments on that. I just wonder why his real name was never known. It's actually a bit strange. Like he had his parents and his sister too. They should have told people, there must be a few who felt pity for him. I think at least there should be one person, who, after listening to Denise's cruel story will feel pity for him and regard her as a bad person. I don't know why this town itself sounds so cruel to me. This Richardson person doesn't seem to be a very bad person to me and I guess she felt pity for him.

Another inconsistency that I noticed was the job itself for which they came here. Like if the town is deserted as Madeleine described it, then how could her mother get a job there? I mean it's a bit strange that there are better job opportunities in a place where people barely live. Maybe it's related to the ghastly matters there. Ah I wonder if we are going to figure out that the job her mother got was actually controlled by a ghost or the ghost was the employer. Veryy mysterious.

With the character of Madeleine , I think she is quite courageous. She wasn't terrified after hearing such a tragic story and also about the fact that ghosts haunt the town. I am quite thrilled to see what happens next. One more and we will be done. The journey was fun.

Keep Writing!!

~Forever

Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:56 am

First Impression: Okay...so here I am at yet another one of these origin stories and this is proving to be pretty interesting here. Its yet another point of view that's a bit outside of the main group of characters and here this is set much much later than the that horrific set of events too, so its interesting to see how that story has survived for so long.

Her life was pretty normal.

When they moved away,to a town called:”The town of Richardson”,Madeleine couldn’t see why anyone would want to move here at all.

That's another neat little start that we have here. The first parts of these stories always do a wonderful job sort of establishing how this new character's perspective is set to differ from the others and its always a nice way to start these origin stories off.

A woman in a black dress greeted them.

Oh, that is most certainly not imagination...all of those things are on their own some pretty bad omens that you don't want to see in a place but when they all come together like what's going on here, the only reasonable thing to do is run away immediately.

She lead them inside of the house and told them that this was where Bubblegum the clown lived.

Hmmm...so poor Gabriel is just remembered as Bubblegum only for his tragic end there. Well that is not the sort of fate you'd really wish upon anyone, but I suppose the poor guy just had some severe bad luck. Well, let' see where this goes here.

Madeleine nodded.

“One Day,a girl from his school,Denise started talking to him.He liked her.He thought she liked him.I mean,she made it seem like she cared about him.They’d started dating each other and it was real nice.”

Well, I suppose they start this story from the very beginning without even mentioning Lucas and his little tirade. Hmm, well...the worst part is though it looks like Denise having been the only survivor there would probably have severely twisted the tale so that she doesn't come off as the horrible person she truly is.

Oh yeah....the fact that they are mentioned as lovebirds is more than enough confirmation. Oh well, that is simply how history works I suppose. Those who win and survive to tell the tale, will always be the good guys cause they get to write said history.

Ooooh...well that's a twist, I really didn't expect the true story to get out, cause no one who witnessed any of that really lived to tell the tale. I can't imagine Denise actually said the truth cause that would've caused some serious bad things for here....but well, this is an interesting twist at any rate. Also well....that last line is certainly something to look out for. This is a place with a lot of very angry ghosts.

Madeleine didn’t know how to feel after she heard that story.She only hoped that the ghosts didn’t exist..

..Her parents weren’t scared.Why would they? It was just a stupid ghost story.They bought the house,not knowing of the unfortunate things that would befall them..

Ahh....well, that's probably the worst and maybe even last decision that they ever make there...oh dear..

Overall: Overall, this was another nice origin story. I've enjoyed reading these quite a bit so far, and this one is no different. It has perhaps slightly less original things cause we're sorting getting a bit of rehash of what we know, but then seeing it presented in this different time period does change things up a bit and make things more interesting. :D

Thank you for reading!

Yes,Denise felt comfortable telling the truth,because she knew that the majority of the people in Richardson wouldn%u2019t care about him and would regard her as a hero.

It%u2019s messed up.

KateHardy says...

You're Welcome!!

Ohhhh...interesting...a fitting town for this sort of tale to unfold in. :D

Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.
— J.K. Rowling