z

Young Writers Society



Mercenary Wings 10 part 1

by sokool15


*removed*


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
2631 Reviews


Points: 6235
Reviews: 2631

Donate
Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:29 pm
Rydia wrote a review...



I don't think you info dumped too much and you don't need action in every chapter.Just a few suggestions -

Along the wall were lined many large oil lamps, kept shining and clean. [This is confusing. Perhaps 'Along the way, the walls were lined with many lamps that were constantly shining and clean.']

Kiera's family owned only a small portion of the large network of houses that belonged to the rest of the tribe.

The tribe [s]was[/s] were very socially inclined, and constantly visited each other, making good use of the well-lit tunnels that led through their section of the forest.

He found Kiera, coming from his Father's study.

____________________
Other than that, a well written chapter and I agree that the rather one sided conversation between Kiera and her mother was the best part. I didn't find her brother to be a jerk though. I quite liked him in fact...




User avatar
194 Reviews


Points: 1616
Reviews: 194

Donate
Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:47 pm
greenjay says...



Cool! I like it. On to next part...




User avatar
164 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 164

Donate
Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:44 pm
Poltergiest wrote a review...



I completely loved it. Especially the part where Kiera kept cutting off her mom. I wish I could do that. Anyway, I didn't really understand the part with Brad and the spirit, (Sorry I can't remember her name). But I just got done reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows in under 24 hours so... Leave me alone... Anyway... I liked how you showed the personal life of Kirea.

Her brother was a total jerk, though. I don't know why... Mabye he should betray her or something... Hm... Still, moving on... I think she probably should tell them at least a little of what happened to not worry them more. BTW, don't change that mother-daughter scene a bit. :mrgreen: Really good...

~Pol




User avatar
1176 Reviews


Points: 1979
Reviews: 1176

Donate
Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:52 pm
Twit wrote a review...



sokool wrote:Brad lay back and shut his eyes hastily. "After some careful thought, I've reconsidered the notion, and decided it's ridiculous. I'm asleep, I'm asleep!"


:lol:


sokool wrote:what if you helped me fine the native woman?


Fine = find


sokool wrote:Seden and Kiera sat down on Kiera's sleeping mallet, leaning against her cloth-covered walls. Kiera closed her eyes and sighed.


Too much repetition of "Keira" here.


I thought this chapter was fine; just a bit too long. If something's longer, it makes it difficult to crit.





"You, who have all the passion for life that I have not? You, who can love and hate with a violence impossible to me? Why you are as elemental as fire and wind and wild things..."
— Gone With the Wind