z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

untitled

by fleuralplants


the fact that, one day, 

i will cease to exist 

is devastating to me.

~

it's devastating that, one day,

my mind will be gone, 

my thoughts sent back into the void.

~

ceasing to exist,

is not on my to-do list.

i'm damned determined to find 

a way to outrun that end of existence.

~

i wish to be eternal,

i wish to run among the stars, never burning out, 

i wish to be free, 

i wish to be a nomad traveling endlessly.

~

i wish that i would not have to let the curtains of my life close, 

but really,

do i have a choice?


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
56 Reviews


Points: 2448
Reviews: 56

Donate
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:24 am
View Likes
akanbright wrote a review...



Its akanbright here for a review. I kind of like this poem so much, with respect to the fact that it is titled "untitled" makes more sense.
If I am to review your work, I would like to first give a precise analysis of whatever it is you have written down. It is not off sense to say that man must surely return to the dust from whence it comes and this is very demanding of us while we are alive, as everyone surely tend to make the best of life, while they are still leaving.
But one thing i would like to pount out to you, and if I am correct, I think the you were actually talking about "the end of time and so on", where man would have to leave what he possesses here on earth.
If this is true, then you don't have to say "I wish to be eternal" because even those who are condemned to hell, are living out eternally and so you must learn to not necessarily omit certain idealogies when writing out a piece of poetry.
Most of the times, the things we know do not always necessitate the efficiency of our poems, but the things that happens around us.
I think even at this, most of the words used aren't counter-intuited, counter-constructive or contradictory, but aren't properly lettered or take deep root in the meters to make proper comprehension.
Notwithstanding, its a nice one and I hope to review your work some other time.




User avatar
701 Reviews


Points: 49988
Reviews: 701

Donate
Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:49 am
ForeverYoung299 wrote a review...



I was heart-broken after reading this.

But, why haven't you given a title? Why is it untitled? I think you should provide an appropriate title. ‘Untitled’ is not the suitable title here.

i will cease to exist


I am not sure what this means. Does this mean that you will stop existing? Could you write cease existing? Only if it is valid.

For the other lines, I have nothing to say– I am speechless.

it's devastating that, one day,
my mind will be gone,
my thoughts sent back into the void.

It's really devastating. By mind, did you mean soul?

ceasing to exist,

is not on my to-do list.

i'm damned determined to find

a way to outrun that end of existence


It can't be in our to-do list. It's not in our hands. It would be excellent if we could find a way to be immortal and put a full stop to that existence.

wish to be eternal,

i wish to run among the stars, never burning out,

i wish to be free,

i wish to be a nomad traveling endlessly.

I really liked the first two lines. And yes, the nomads are much free than us.

i wish that i would not have to let the curtains of my life close,

but really,

do i have a choice?

The first line is my favourite. The last line puts a question before the readers and the answer is no...

Overall, a very good work.

Keep writing.

Bye!!





The heavens laugh with you in your jubilee; my heart is at your festival.
— William Shakespeare