z

Young Writers Society


16+ Mature Content

unintelligible memorandums

by Shady


Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for mature content.

T/W: self-harm (cutting) 

T/W: self harm (cutting)


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
23 Reviews


Points: 1966
Reviews: 23

Donate
Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:13 am
View Likes
blueca wrote a review...



I've thankfully never stuggled much with self-harm, but can relate immensely to the vulnerablility of opening up and seeking those with similar experiences online through art. It is rather unfortunate that so many people can understand these exact feelings and thoughts. The way you implemented language and comunication as both a theme and a metaphor is really touching. The approach to harmful mental states as something to be reframed instead of "fixed" or erased is really interesting. While mental illnesses can be treated, it's difficult to say if they can truly be cured. Your piece definitely left me with something to think about.
Keep writing and stay safe out there!




Shady says...


Thanks so much for the kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed it ^^



User avatar
103 Reviews


Points: 390
Reviews: 103

Donate
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:47 pm
View Likes
waywardxwanderer wrote a review...



This poem is really beautiful and perfectly broaches the issue faced by people who hurt themselves. As someone with, er, slight experience in this area, this poem really spoke to me. Though at the beginning this is very dark, I love the way you've brought about your own attempts to heal. The way you describe this experience through the poem seems like slowly letting the light in. The pacing and the wording are perfect, and this poem is very intimate in a way that's often hard to bring about through poetry. Very lovely!! I hope you keep getting better, and I'm glad you've found this society to help you.




Shady says...


Thanks so much for the kind words! ^-^ I'm glad that you enjoyed it, although I'm sorry to hear you've also struggled with this. Hope you keep getting better too <33





Thank you :,,)




Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.
— Lemony Snicket