16+ Language Violence

The Secret of The Swan Ch12

by Rin321

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for language and violence.

Minjun held a respectful yet strong stature sitting in front of The Swan. He had a little more freedom and respect from The Swan than the others. He could begin to go into the description that The Swan was relatively friendly to him, but he could never get carried away with the idea or step out of line.

“How is he doing? Jungkook didn’t fuck him up too bad, did he?” The Swan asked. Minjun knew he had no kind intentions behind the questions in terms of Taehyung’s well being. He could never understand The Swan’s connection and interest in the young boy since he was a child, but he didn’t have any grounds to question.

“He’s okay, he has a mild concussion and lots of tender bruising, but that is about all,” Minjun reported. The Swan smiled.

“We wouldn’t want our little Taehyung hurt too badly, would we?” The Swan smirked. Minjun shook his head.

“I guess not, sir.”

“Look, I called you here because I know you care about Taehyung like a son, and I applaud your effort and care you have put into him, but we need to discuss boundaries, and it’s been long overdue, and I put that on myself,” The Swan started. Minjun sat at attention and listened.

“You have watched him and cared for him, and it’s okay to show care and be kind to have his trust because he needs someone to turn to. I can only control him with fear to a certain extent. The thing that gets tricky is that you cannot get attached or have real feelings that are too strong about him. You are not his father, you are my worker, and he is another employee. If anything, he would be my son, hm?” The Swan chuckled. Minjun shook his head in agreement.

“You need to keep him on track. I feel his loyalties beginning to shift. You need to keep him on track. Get together a good enough story or reasoning behind what he knows, be kind and get him to want to talk to you. If you’re too distant, he’ll pull away more.” he ordered.

“Yes, sir,” Minjun said in a grave tone. The Swan could demand many things and have control of the actions of thousands, but one thing he could never control was his inner feelings. It disturbed him that he had the nerve to describe Taehyung’s relation to him being like a son, but he would never have the audacity to say that aloud.

“I’m keeping things under control. I’ve sent him a text making sure that he continues his watch on Park Jimin. I’m lucky that I’ve raised him to have no desire to have human connections so it seems that his actual job performance is not being hindered at the moment, but I need to assure that it stays that way. Make sure you get reports from him every day to turn in to me, understood?” he requested. It was a tone that welcomed a choice on its surface but Minjun knew better.

“Yes, sir.”

“I know it can be hard to fill these roles, but even I have to work in the day, you know this. I have to kiss ass every day, put my life on the line. I have to stay low enough in profile but be known in good standing. Do you know how hard it was to edit and have accurate enough evidence to turn in to the higher-ups the other day when Jungkook screwed up? I got the switch done before anyone could notice the difference, even my coworkers.” The Swan attempted to sympathize.

“I understand,” Minjun simply said. There was no need to elaborate. He knew that even with The Swan in a good mood at the moment, he couldn’t talk more than requested. He was not his friend, he was his boss, unfortunately. A few wrong choices led to him saying ‘Yes, sir’ for the rest of his life. He was lucky to have some kindness from The Swan from being his right hand since the very beginning.

“You’re dismissed, take what I said into serious thought, and then do it.” The Swan said, shooing Minjun away.

Minjun stood and walked out of the door, briefcase in hand. He needed to go home and tend to Taehyung. He couldn’t help but wish he didn’t pick him up the day The Swan sent him to. He could have pretended not to be able to find him, but he cared more about his life than Taehyung’s when he could have grown up innocent.

He tried for years to console himself with the fact that Taehyung could have very well died within days on the street, but his life now under The Swan’s wing and debt that this fate was worse than death.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyung sat and stared at the wall, spaced out. His bruises were still healing, the doctor said he was lucky that he hadn’t broken any ribs. He was alone at the hospital for hours until Minjun came to take him home. The word ‘home’ amused him. It really wasn’t his home, it was where he slept and hid from the world when not sent out. The clouds of reality laid thick on his mind the past two days since he’d left the hospital.

Minjun strode into the room with a smile on his face. “Taehyung, looks like you can get your butt off the couch and be back with the world again! You’re healed enough, The Swan wants you back on the job,” he said yanking the blanket that had covered Taehyung.

Taehyung groaned but continued to lay there. He was so conflicted with his emotions. He knew Minjun had made the choice to be with The Swan, and it bothered him that he would support such an evil man.

One thing, however, nagged at him. What if secretly Minjun didn’t want to be, but had no choice? He understood that position, he realized that he had no idea how to get out of this life. The Swan had him beat just for searching his name on the internet. He couldn’t imagine if he had done something directly against him or tried to leave.

“I’m not in the mood,” Taehyung grumbled, closing his eyes. His response was a smack in the face with a couch cushion. “Yah!”

Minjun laughed at him, wielding the weapon in his hands. “Look, that was a warning shot. You know that this is serious. You don’t get a choice. Clean yourself up and go.”

Taehyung was annoyed but finally got up. He went upstairs to his bathroom and got into the shower. He let the water steam, almost scalding him. His skin was screaming and red but he was numb to it. He was fighting hopelessness. What was he going to do?

He finally got out and walked to his room, a towel wrapped tightly around his waist. He rummaged through his drawers and sighed when he found no more pairs of sweatpants. Jeans would have to do. He slipped on a grey hoodie and quickly put some sneakers on, grabbed his usual stakeout bag and went downstairs to say goodbye to Minjun.

He was in the kitchen when Taehyung found him. “I’m going,” he said without expression. Minjun tossed him a bag with a sandwich.

“Eat this if you’re hungry, you look like you’ve been losing weight,” he smiled. Taehyung rolled his eyes and put the sandwich in his bag.

“You’re not my mom, stop pretending that you actually care about me,” he snapped, his days of silent stewing finally being released. Minjun’s face was washed over by hurt.

“I do care, you know that,” Minjun said softly, staring directly at Taeyhung, but Taehyung wouldn’t return his gaze.

“You’re paid to care,” Taehyung said flatly before turning around and heading out the door. He tossed his bag into the passenger seat and pulled out of the driveway. The only thing that propelled him off that couch was the thought of getting to see Jimin.

~~~~~~

Honora wrote a review...

Hey hey! I’m back! Just gonna jump into it :D

[/b]Minjun shook his head in agreement.[/b]
Just a small mistake but it should be nodded and not shook. Shook is more of a way to say no and not yes. ;)

Ooooh Taeyhung is playing with fire and I like it. It’s all a big suspense and mystery and really can keep me on my toes. So much emotional turmoil, not just with Taehyung but I’m sure Minjun is hurting too. I feel bad for them both and yet, I wonder with Taehyung, what Minjun’s story is. How did he get roped into it? I hope that later, you will reveal more about his character. :)

I’ll keep it short since I’m so far behind! ;)

Your friend,
Honora

Rin321 says...

:D Thank you for reading and leaving reviews <3

writerkitty wrote a review...

O.o The Swan has a day-job...

“I know it can be hard to fill these roles, but even I have to work in the day, you know this. I have to kiss ass every day, put my life on the line. I have to stay low enough in profile but be known in good standing. Do you know how hard it was to edit and have accurate enough evidence to turn in to the higher-ups the other day when Jungkook screwed up? I got the switch done before anyone could notice the difference, even my coworkers.”

I'm really curious to know what he actually meant by this... O.o What kind of a job is he doing?! It can't be something simple I guess... And maybe, The Swan is working under someone too... but that's kinda unlikely because he's got so much authority over everyone. Hmm...

I don't know what to feel about Minjun, I mean I kinda feel bad for him, because he's basically forced to work under The Swan, who's presumably one his old friends? And he's not allowed to care too much about Tae.

I think Minjun really cared about Taehyung, but I think the reason he started to take care of him was because of the guilt that built up in him because he valued his own life more and went to collect Tae when he a little kid. o.o

;-; This is really sad...but kinda true. Tae is basically forced to live a life he doesn't want to, with zero freedom, and Minjun seems to feel guilty about it. But he didn't really have a good option anyway, so I don't think I could really blame him.

O.o It's a bit weird how The Swan treats Tae. It's like, he's advising Minjun not to get too attached, but The Swan himself seems to have a soft spot for Tae. He even indirectly addressed Tae as his own son... And Taehyung seems to get far less severe punishments than the others. Maybe it's because The Swan actually does consider him as a son... but why Why did he choose to take him in the first place... I don't think a crime lord like The Swan would just go and pick a random orphan. More questions! xD

Tae and Minjun's relationship sure seems to deteriorate... >.> It's kinda sad, because whatever wrong Minjun had done in the past, at this point he's a helpless puppet, just like Tae. I wonder what'll happen next... >.> I mean, The Swan did want Minjun to convince Taehyung that The Swan wasn't really the 'villain' but with how things are going so far, I don't think it'll be easy to brainwash him again.

^-^ Welp, that's all for now, this was a really exciting chapter to read and now I have a new set of questions, and I need to find answers! ^^

^^ Keep up the good work!!

writerkitty

Rin321 says...

I have another update ready but I can't post until after review day is over XD

Make sure you marry someone who laughs at the same things you do.
— Holden Caulfield