z

Young Writers Society


16+ Violence Mature Content

The Secret of The Swan Ch10

by Rin321


Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for violence and mature content.

Jeon Jungkook was knocking on the door as The Swan expected. He sighed at the interruption and wasted no time wiping off the friendly aura he carried about in his day job. He had to leave any traces of kindness behind to keep himself on top in the world. Being a nice guy got you nothing. Any kindness he had died the day of the warehouse fire.

“Wait until I say,” he bellowed.

“Yes, sir,” Jungkook said timidly on the other side of the door.

He sat a minute to let his face enjoy the cool air of the room before pulling on his mask. He hated the stifling thing but he needed it, it was annoying but better for him in the long run, better than keeping makeup or other coverings on his face.

“Come in,” He finally said. The door opened slowly as Jungkook shuffled in, head down.

“Your men almost killed them my sources say,” he sighed grimly. Jungkook was shaking, unsure of what to say. “I have pictures of the car, I was given copies of the footage they took, it’s not good…”

Jungkook stood silently. “Do you have anything to say?” The Swan asked.

“I’m so-” Jungkook started in response before The Swan stood suddenly throwing his scalding coffee onto him. Jungkook screamed, flailing to try and dry himself.

“I gave you a simple instruction! Lead them off! I told you they would be watching, you were supposed to get out undetected, not send backup after them! That was supposed to be the last result, they were lost after figuring out you were onto them!” The Swan screamed angrily.

Jungkook was silently standing in pain. “There is nothing you can say,” The Swan said with disgust. “Clean yourself up.”

Jungkook nodded and began to make his way out of the room before The Swan interrupted him.

“And clean up your actions, I will not be so kind next time…” he growled. Jungkook left the room without a word.

The Swan smiled to himself. He couldn’t help but love how pitifully obedient his men were. He tisked at the mess on the floor of his office. He pressed the intercom button for his secretary.

“Come in and clean this mess, now!” he demanded. “And bring me a new cup of coffee.”

The secretary came in moments later and he watched with his smile hidden at the woman bending to clean his mess for him. Things were going so well and were only going to get better. There was only one thing getting in the way-Taehyung.

He knew exactly what he was up to. The young idiot didn’t realize he had the entire house he lived in covered with surveillance and bugs that recorded everything. He saw him get into Minjun’s room and go on his computer. With further digging, he found out he was searching for him on the internet. Luckily Minjun arrived before he could find more. He hid his true identity and business from Taehyung for his whole life since he had taken him off the street, but he was bound to hear something at some point, he could only remain oblivious for so long.

From then on he had new locks installed on Minjun’s bedroom door and demanded that he carried his laptop with him at all times.

One thing bothered him, however. Now that he could prevent Taehyung from learning more at the moment, what was Taehyung going to do with the information that he had found? He was going to have to assure that the answer was nothing…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyung walked down the dark street with the weight of an elephant on his mind. He was so happy spending time with Jimin, but that distraction only lasted until he was once again alone in his car.

There was no way he would ever hurt Jimin, ever. Why was The Swan so evil, especially towards the Park family? He already paralyzed Jimin’s father years ago, how much more of punishment could The Swan want, and for what? He needed to find out more. He had tried earlier in the day to sneak back into Minjun’s room but the key didn’t work, it seemed the locks were changed… Was The Swan onto him?

He had looked around for cameras but couldn’t find anyway, so either he was paranoid or The Swan had really hidden devices within the house. He pulled out his phone and tried to search him but it was still blocked. Could he go to the library and have some luck?

He felt positive now that he possibly had a way to find more. He wanted to know exactly what The Swan was involved with and how recent. The walk really helped clear his head.

He turned around and started to head back to his house when he heard feet behind him on the pavement. He whipped around and was puzzled to find no one there. He stayed still for a moment and then proceeded to continue on his way home. A few moments later he heard running steps behind him and before he could turn around there was an explosion in his head.

He was nearly blinded by the blow, unable to focus. What was going on? He had no time to register before he was kicked full force into his stomach. The air in his body left instantly and he was left wheezing. Was this what it felt like to be struggling for life?

The man stopped and gave Taehyung a moment to catch his breath and realize the situation at hand. There was already blood dripping down Taehyung’s head when he slowly looked up to identify his attacker. He stared up into the man’s large doe eyes filled with cold blood but there was no recognition.

“Who-o a-are y-y-you?” Taehyung stammered out, tears leaving his eyes from the pain. It took everything in him no not throw up from the pain in his head.

“Jeon Jungkook. You need to watch yourself, don’t forget your place…” he said darkly. He squatted down and squished Taehyung’s cheeks with an iron grip. Taehyung struggled but was met by a slap that left him reeling over, face down on the pavement.

“This is your one warning from The Swan. You don’t need to do anything or shift your focus. Do only what he says, nothing more, nothing less.”

Taehyung whimpered quietly, curling up into a helpless ball. Jungkook laughed at Taehyung’s pathetic position.

“Why are you his prize? I’ve known of you for years, studied you from afar and I still don’t understand it at all. The Swan chooses the strongest, cruelest men, yet he picks you up, can groom you into the ultimate heir, and yet you’re just so…” He says before he kicks Taehyung’s stomach full force once more. Taehyung was wheezing trying to breathe the air that had been knocked out of him. “Soft…” Jungkook chuckled.

Jungkook took one last look at Taehyung before he spat on him and strutted off. Jungkook got off his strength over the other. He obtained some of his dignity back that The Swan took every day of his life.

Taehyung laid on the sidewalk for what felt like hours, trembling in pain and fear. After a while, he heard a gasp and steps run towards him. “Sir, are you okay?!” The woman asked full of concern.

The woman bent down to see Taehyung but Taehyung couldn’t muster up the strength to reply. He was crushed and beaten on the outside, but his heart took the brunt of the beating. Any hope that he had begun to have was diminishing by the second. What was he going to do? He couldn’t focus anymore before everything went black.




















Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
1162 Reviews


Points: 32055
Reviews: 1162

Donate
Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:30 am
View Likes
Carlito wrote a review...



Hello again!!

Oooooh this just got way more interesting! So from the last chapter I assumed the Swan was some kind of good guy (hahahah this is what I get for coming in late :p) This is going to be a much shorter review than my last because I really did like this chapter and I'm hooked in! :)

You did a great job showing Jungkook's fear throughout his whole encounter (before and during) with the Swan. The Swan is truly terrifying! He clearly has no regard for human life and is just vicious! Whoa.

I like that we transitioned back into our time with Taehyung by recounting his time with Jimin and how he felt about it, but also how much he is struggling. New theory. I don't think Taehyung killed someone or that someone close to him was killed (well, maybe that's still true...) But I think he's worked for the Swan in the past or is currently supposed to be working for the Swan and he either saw something he shouldn't or hasn't done something he's supposed to do and now the Swan is mad at him. (And this may have already been hashed out in earlier chapters, but that's what I'm getting from context clues so far.) :)

I found it a little weird that Jungkook said his whole name with Taehyung asked who it was. Do they know each other from their connection to the Swan already and did Taehyung expect something like this to happen? Or should Jungkook be a little more secretive?

I feel for Taehyung! He seems to be in a tough spot right now and he seems like a nice guy. I also feel for Jimin because I think something bad is either going to happen to Jimin or Taehyung and that's going to be sad for the other person.

Overall though, I'm super intrigued and I'm excited to read more! I'm going to skip on over to the next chapter in the green room, but please let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like feedback about something I didn't mention! :D




Rin321 says...


haha it's always hard coming into the middle of a story but I'm really glad you're getting into it!
I'll give you a brief catchup:
Taehyung was a orphan and The Swan took him in and had him grow up in a house with his right hand man (Minjun, you'll see him in other chapters)
Taehyung has been raised to do The Swan's bidding, his specialty being hunting down targets and killing/torturing to get info, whatever The Swan requests (The Swan in the top lord in charge of human trafficking in South Korea and the world in this story basically)
Jimin is supposed to be Taehyung's next target but he accidentally begins to talk to him and starts to question everything and wonder why Jimin is a target. He starts to question and want to find out more about The Swan who had just been a man he had never met but was in charge of everything, but he starts to get noticeably out of line and that's why Jungkook is sent by The Swan to beat some sense into him. Taehyung knows Jungkook is one of The Swan's main men and is sending a message to keep him in line, which is why he made it obvious!
feel free to ask any other questions or skim the prior chapters, you're not too far ahead so you could if you wish :)
Thank you so much for your review!



Carlito says...


Thank you so much for the recap!! Super helpful <3

And suuuuper intriguing plot! Love it!



Rin321 says...


I'm glad! haha I was trying to be clear in my head to catch up enough of the basics up to this part without spoiling something in future chapters lol
Thanks so much!!



User avatar
206 Reviews


Points: 8788
Reviews: 206

Donate
Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:09 am
View Likes
Honora says...



Hey Rin!

So everything was awesome (again ;)) but I am still having a hard time picturing how old Taeyhung is...I know you have his birthdate etc...on Minjun’s password but my brain is just not getting it. It could be just me but maybe make that a bit clearer. And maybe you did say it and I skipped it....who knows! XD

For some reason I’m kind of interested in Jeon’s character. I don’t know what it was but he’s caught my eye.

Keep in writing!

Your friend,
Honora




Rin321 says...


He was born 12/30/95, he's turning 25 this year!
I have some about Jungkook's character in the latest chapter I've posted so I'm sure you'll like it :)



Honora says...


Ok lol now I got it...hopefully! :-P
Can%u2019t wait!



User avatar
151 Reviews


Points: 4549
Reviews: 151

Donate
Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:29 am
View Likes
writerkitty wrote a review...



^^ I'm back with another review!

o.o Oh no... Poor Taehyung...

I knew The Swan was onto him!! :( He's lucky The Swan doesn't want to kill him off...at least not yet.

A lot of interesting things happened in this chapter. :O

He had to leave any traces of kindness behind to keep himself on top in the world. Being a nice guy got you nothing. Any kindness he had died the day of the warehouse fire.


Hmm...now I'm even more curious to know what really happened in the warehouse that day... o.o Did The Swan try to spare someone's life? Perhaps Jimin's father's and ended up getting into trouble because of that... o.o

He sat a minute to let his face enjoy the cool air of the room before pulling on his mask. He hated the stifling thing but he needed it, it was annoying but better for him in the long run, better than keeping makeup or other coverings on his face.


So he really is wearing a mask not just to conceal his identity, I think I can confirm the suspicion I had earlier!! :O The Swan might've suffered some damage from the explosion in the warehouse!

“Your men almost killed them my sources say,” he sighed grimly. Jungkook was shaking, unsure of what to say. “I have pictures of the car, I was given copies of the footage they took, it’s not good…”


I think the Chief might be working for them...or at least someone in the department is working for them! :O Otherwise how'd Junkook get copies of the footage they took!? O.o This is bad news for the two detectives... I hope they don't get caught...or worse, killed. ;-;

O.o Hidden cameras in the entire house... wow, even though The Swan acts like he trusts Tae, I think he's always acting cautious and doesn't trust anyone too much... o.o
I think he still hasn't learned that Taehyung is friends with Jimin now...that would be bad for them both if The Swan learns that as well. >.<

Tae is lucky that he got to escape with just a warning... >.> Well, he got attacked, but at least the Swan doesn't want to kill him. Jungkook really took out all his anger and frustration out of poor Tae. :/ I hope he gets what he deserves...

O.o I wonder who the woman is! :O It always makes me curious when we get to meet new characters... I wonder whether she'd play an important role later on, or whether she's just a random person who'd just happened to find Tae all beaten up.

>.> Poor Taehyung...I hope he's alright... ;-;


^^ That's about it for now. I don't have any errors to point out, and this chapter was a really interesting read!

Looking forward to read the rest! ^^

Happy Review day!

writerkitty




Rin321 says...


<33




Monster is a relative term. To a canary, a cat is a monster. We're just used to being the cat.
— Henry Wu, "Jurassic World"