Home » Literary works » Article / Essay » Humor

Why, Internet?

by JadeLotus

Just so you know: This is supposed to be a lighthearted yet relatable, uh... thing. Enjoy! (Also, it is supposed to be wacky in syllables and rhyme.)

THREE BARS:

Taken for granted,

'Til we don't have it.

We've got energy.

To search Web M.D.

Youtube funny cats,

And read random facts.

TWO BARS:

It teases me so,

It is so darn slow.

Do not lose control,

'Cause soon it will load.

We can do nothing.

So we just watch it.

We beg it to go,

Up a bit.

ONE BAR:

It will break my heart.

I can't add to cart.

Not reading Buzzfeed,

No dumb quiz for me.

No clickbait action,

Or news of Youtubers acting.

No Kid's reacting.

Addicting stories are gone.

Why, Internet?

Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:55 pm
4revgreen wrote a review...

Hey! Che here for a quick review

I loved this poem. I loved how much I could relate to it and how relevant it is to society nowadays! I live in an area known for having an notoriously bad internet connection so i really could relate to the countdown of bars.

The only grammatical error I could see was:

No Kid's reacting.

It should be "kids" as it's a plural and not just one kid that owns reacting.

Anyway; the rhyme actually worked really well and it flowed well too!

Regards, Che :-)

JadeLotus says...

Thank you!!

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:57 am

Hey Jade! FlamingPhoenix here with a few things to say about your poem, and to help get it out the green room for you on this sunny day.
I'll try and make this short.

Okay let's get to it shall we.

So out of the whole poem I only saw one thing wrong with it.

No clickbait action,

Okay so as you know from all my other reviews on your works, the word in bold is what is wrong. Now I'm sure that word is supposed to be two words so it should be like this, 'click bait'
Well that's what I think your trying to say.

Okay now on to the next thing.
So I don't really do anything on YouTube very much other then finding cool action music. I'm a rather strange person so... But I'm sure all the things you said in your poem is very true. I thought it was rather funny and I would love to see more poems like this from you. I can say that your writing and poetry is coming along really well, soon enough you'll be even better at poetry than me. So I can't wait to see that day. XD

Anyway, this was an amazing poem, and I wish I could have read more. So I do hope you will post again soon on YWS. Never stop writing and have a great day/night.

Your friend, and faithful reader
FlamingPhoenix.
Reviewing with a fiery passion.

JadeLotus says...

Thank you so much!

Your welcome. :D

Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:54 am
FabihaNeera says...

I love how relatable this is to me! xD
Every day is such a struggle cuz we have sucky Wifi... so this really connected to me on a deeper level. It's humorous, and the ending line sums it up greatly!

I feel like we really do take three bars for granted... and until reaching that last bar, that's when you know it's over... :(

Anyway, I loved reading through this and I also enjoyed the many references in this! :D

JadeLotus says...

Thanks (I really enjoyed sprinkling in the refrences XD). I'm glad you liked it

Honora wrote a review...

Hey Jade!
This is obviously very relatable and pretty funny! It's a good (nice) way of saying you love\hate the Internet!
Nothing jumped out at me that I would need to point out or anything. Even though the syllables and rhyming are all wacky, it weirdly flows and I didn't have to reread anything so I guess it can't be too wacky! :P It is lighthearted even though sometimes I can feel like killing the Internet! The last verse...?...is a PERFECT ending!
I also love most of the things you were talking about lol. Especially "Kid's React." Those are always funny! Although, "Elder's React" is even better because basically, it is a bunch of old people being shown new music! It's hilarious!
Anyway, I really like it! :)
Keep up the good work!!
Your friend,
Honora

JadeLotus says...

Lol thank you! I'm glad you liked it.
Also, I'll have a review on your work by the end of the day. (I mean in my time zone)

Honora says...

Your welcome! :)
Thanks! I'm glad! :)

Liberty500 says...

I like it! This is a very lighthearted poem, just like you said. I like the... I don't know the word. Um, what's the word?? Whatever, I'll mention it later if it comes to me. But, I really like how you mentioned YouTube, Buzzfeed, Web M.D., etc. Good job! Can't wait to see more from you! ;) (: :smt003

JadeLotus says...

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it and the references XD

Liberty500 says...

Anytime! Lol.

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
— Groucho Marx