Mr. Mayor

by LadyBug

Saifullah wrote a review...

This is the issue of each and every country and town. How to tackle with this problem this is real headache. The poem is interesting but the second stanza is more fascinating. Let me sure you that this is the problem of our country Pakistan. Hence, we fed up with these mayorship, MPA and MNA.

Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:12 am
AkuRashomon wrote a review...

Hmm, this poem is very interesting. It seems like I'm reading a newspaper and with Mr. Mayor's doing no one's gonna do anyhting about it. I feel like if this was real, Mr. Mayor is going to pay everyone so they won't release anything suspicious about him. I hope his wife is okay, that's all I'm gonna say about her. Kinda reminds me of that Unholy song on TikTok and Batman, I don't know why. Anyways, politics, a very bad place and topic to work on and with. Over all, your poem is good. I like how suspicious you made Mr. Mayor sound like. Anyways, good job on writing.

Stay safe and cozy. Merry Christmas to you too!

Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:18 pm

Hmmm… Mr.Mayor seems very suspicious. He’s hiding something. Is Madam Mayor even telling us the truth? How much is being told? What are all of the lies? Who knows where the Mayor is hiding now? What other crimes will he commit? All of that can be done covered and hidden away and no one would ever realize. He would continue as a slimy, deceitful Mayor, and hopefully the cycle will end with his wife..

I wish you a nice day/night.

Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:59 am
crescentmoonprodigy wrote a review...

This is so freaking interesting - it reminds me of old-styled newspaper articles about wanted people, or perhaps a radio ad detailing the characteristics of a missing person. But I think what it is most reminiscent of, to me at least, is what a stenographer writes about during cases, and the defense + offense are trying to make cases.

The pace is rushed, but almost perfectly so.

I'm really curious to see exactly how the mayor responds to the slander against his name; will it be just as languid and alliterative as the townspeople accusing him? Of course, it's your choice as to whether you create a sequel because this does work well as a standalone piece, too.

Very impressed, and a wonderful read! Have a nice morning/afternoon/night!

-moon

LadyBug says...

Thank you so much for your comments, they brought up some really good ideas!

"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites