Home » Literary works » Poetry » Politics

Mr. Mayor

by LadyBug

Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:18 pm

Hmmm… Mr.Mayor seems very suspicious. He’s hiding something. Is Madam Mayor even telling us the truth? How much is being told? What are all of the lies? Who knows where the Mayor is hiding now? What other crimes will he commit? All of that can be done covered and hidden away and no one would ever realize. He would continue as a slimy, deceitful Mayor, and hopefully the cycle will end with his wife..

I wish you a nice day/night.

Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:59 am
crescentmoonprodigy wrote a review...

This is so freaking interesting - it reminds me of old-styled newspaper articles about wanted people, or perhaps a radio ad detailing the characteristics of a missing person. But I think what it is most reminiscent of, to me at least, is what a stenographer writes about during cases, and the defense + offense are trying to make cases.

The pace is rushed, but almost perfectly so.

I'm really curious to see exactly how the mayor responds to the slander against his name; will it be just as languid and alliterative as the townspeople accusing him? Of course, it's your choice as to whether you create a sequel because this does work well as a standalone piece, too.

Very impressed, and a wonderful read! Have a nice morning/afternoon/night!

-moon

LadyBug says...

Thank you so much for your comments, they brought up some really good ideas!

No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies.
— Daisy Bates