z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

i wish my youth would last just one heartbeat longer

by LadyBug


I like wordplay :)


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
39 Reviews


Points: 1524
Reviews: 39

Donate
Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:53 pm
View Likes
HikariHateke wrote a review...



your title was what spoke to me and pulled me in, I wasnt disappointed this is amazing and definitely relatable.

Growing up feels so slow and then all of a sudden it's going way too fast and you're really not prepared for it or the feelings that come with that realization.

There's hope and regret and fear and just everything other emotions you can think of.

Lovely poem! 💖




User avatar
969 Reviews


Points: 126
Reviews: 969

Donate
Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:46 pm
View Likes
vampricone6783 wrote a review...



Such a pretty poem speaking the truth about growing up! It’s like you are expected to know everything and be ready for all that the real world will bring, yet you find yourself still tethered to childhood, not quite pulling towards adulthood, yet ready to leave behind old ideals. The hazy confusion called life, mirrored through this poem, seeping into the page and engraved in all hearts and minds.

I wish you an amazing day/night.




User avatar
122 Reviews


Points: 10714
Reviews: 122

Donate
Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:20 pm
View Likes
LUNARGIRL wrote a review...



Hey, LunarGirl here!
Just wanted to say that I was immediately ensnared by the title of your poem. It really resonated with me and I thought it brought out a lot of emotion. I also really liked your formatting and how each line started with "I" and then the person believing, wishing, etc. about something.

I would say my favorite part was;

and i was too busy missing what i never had to notice.
i wish my youth would last just one heart beat longer,

It makes me think of how when we are younger there are so many things we miss in life because we don't think they are important and we are more focused on the future and on growing up faster. And then when you are all grown up, you feel regret over all the things you missed out on and you want to go back to those carefree days of your childhood. But this is just my interpretation of it.

Overall, I really enjoyed reading this poem and I thought you did a great job writing it. Keep up the great work!

Carpe diem,
LunarGirl





There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum.
— Arthur C. Clarke