STOP (a checklist)

by EmeraldEyes

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for mature content.

Stop spending so much money

Stop over-thinking

Stop misunderstanding

Stop self-harming

Stop overreacting

Stop panicking

Stop worrying

Stop having violent urges to kill people

Stop thinking of suicide

Stop hurting others

Stop fighting

Stop listening to the voice

Stop doubting

Stop lying

Stop dying

Stop threatening people

Stop feeling alone

Stop being pessimistic 

Stop reading symptoms' lists

DeltaEcho wrote a review...

Hey there, EmeraldEyes! There is only one way to describe this poem, Amazing with a capital a. I feel as if I can really relate to this poem, especially if you consider my life. I also think that the title of this poem really goes along with the poem. I mean, I have seen some titles that in no way relate to what the story or poem is about, which can get kind of annoying. There's nothing that I can find in here that I would change. And, as the other reviewers have said, the last stanza really sums up the entire poem. I give this a ten out of ten.

I'll try to review you again soon,
DeltaEcho

Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:47 am
Corncob says...

I don't care what anyone tells you, you are a great writer, because you express perfectly what no one I've seen before can express in words. That's called writing emotion :).
This is awesome.

dawny9791 wrote a review...

Hey!

Well, first of all, I love how beautiful this poem is. I feel like you just said what every teenager goes through, well what every person goes through at one point or another. I hate this poem, but at the same time love it - because it is the truth. People should really stop doing these things. I think, though, by far the best stanza is the last one. I don't really know how to review with grammar and all that stuff, so I guess all I can say is good job.

Have a good day,
Dawny

hollyhuez wrote a review...

Hi.

Do we know each other? Because this poem basically describes my life. I'm bullied, and most of the things you listed on here fit me perfectly, actually, they would fit any depressed person perfectly, not just me.

I'm upset now, but not that upset that I cant say how touching and beautiful and sad you made this poem.

I can't find any nitpicks, just the touching words you typed on this website. The last stanza is absolutely brilliant to, as it states to stop reading lists about symptoms and what you wrote before that seems like a list. Ex: Symptoms- Feeling alone, doubting, lying, fighting, misunderstanding. The last stanza sums up the poem pretty much.

Keep on writing, you truly inspire me

EmeraldEyes says...

D'awww thanks so much for the kind reviews :D
Glad you like my works so much. :)
*huggles*
As for the bullies...pfft. You seem lovely ;)

caydenax6 says...

This is amazing! it goes against so much of reality that hateful and i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.