z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Where Flowers Live

by Charlotte2


Where flowers live, the grass won't brown,

And where beauty is, all beautiful sounds.

Where a goddess walks, the sun won't fade,

And where divine things talk, the shadows won't shade.

~

Where blossoms grow, the trees won't gnarl,

And where summers blow, God shouldn't be far.

Where children laugh, the sky will smile,

And where pretty things pass, love stays for a while.

~

Where roses rise, our blood is pure,

And where peacocks fly, good rests for sure.

Wherever I go, the clouds shall shine,

And all feelings I own shan't ever be mine.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
22 Reviews


Points: 174
Reviews: 22

Donate
Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:25 pm
TheOneNamedZoe wrote a review...



I enjoyed the description of this poem.
Some things I would like to say about it is that the describing of what flowers prove is accurate and has a nice touch of imagery.
One thing that was odd was the mention of peacocks. Do you live in a place where they're common? XD
On other terms, just as advice, Try not to overuse "And." It makes it seem like its a run-on sentence that doesn't need to be.




Charlotte2 says...


Thank you!



User avatar
279 Reviews


Points: 25891
Reviews: 279

Donate
Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:34 pm
Steggy wrote a review...



Hello, Steggy here for a short review!

I think this is a lovely poem. The descriptions throughout really caught my attention as I was reading. There is some type of flow when it is being read aloud, the rhyming is like a beam of sunlight on a dusty floor. Anywho. The second stanza seems to be my favorite part of this poem, along with the last line of the first part. Though, as I was reading, I couldn't quite understand the message or meaning behind it (perhaps there isn't one or I'm just not seeing it.)
As a small suggestion, I wouldn't start the first line of every stanza with "where". Even though it gives a certain time and place for where the rest of the stanza is going towards, I think you could replace "where" with something else or get rid of it all together. For example, in the second stanza, it might be best to just get rid of. However, this can be up to you whether you like to or not. ^^

Also, I suggest reading aloud this poem that way you can see mistakes or if some word doesn't sound quite right next to another word, before anyone else can point it. This can go for anything relating to writing; it also helps with being able to understand your writing better, from what I've learned.

And where beauty is, all beautiful sounds.


This line in the first stanza, sounds a bit awkward. I think you could try switching the two words ("beauty" and "beautiful") around. Or, perhaps put something in front of either word to make more sense.

This was a really good poem that I enjoyed reading. I liked the rhyming scheme and the imagery you had in every single little word. I hope to see more works from you soon!

If you have any questions, let me know!

Steggy




Charlotte2 says...


Thank you for the review!




Once you have people's attention, you have a greater responsibility to tell them something of value.
— Tobias Forge (Ghost B.C.)