Home » Literary works » Poetry » Dramatic

The Scars

by Charlotte2

I just held her hands and let my tears 

cascade

carelessly, 

washing the pain out of those scars 

and warming what was once cold 

beneath 

my 

fingers 

and though I sensed that misery lay 

upon her

like a 

woolly 

blanket 

she could now share it with me.

DoormanDan wrote a review...

I'll say that the last few lines are fairly eerie, so five points already for a good way to end a poem. You can give yourself a little pat on the back for this piece, it's nicely written. I could feel emotion, which is always a sure sign that a piece is at least decent. I also have to say that I did like the formatting for this piece. It works well with the length. You also have some nice imagery in here (the woolly blanket) and a nice usage of alliteration (cascade carelessly), which spice up the poem a bit more. Great job. :)

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:24 am
Squirtlepowiee wrote a review...

Haiii!

This is a very nice, short poem. I don't have too much to review because it's short, so this may end up being a comment. I think you should change the formatting. It may be just me, but the formatting was hard to understand. If this poem's formatting meant something special, then keep it that way. Great poem and keep writing!

~Greetings from Squirtlepowiee :D

Charlotte2 says...

This isn't trying to say that I could truly get rid of all the pain. It's saying that for a moment, we were both struggling together. 'Sharing it with me' means that I finally understood how bad it was for her, and that the memory of those scars still haunts me a bit.

A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity.
— Franz Kafka