18+ Language Mature Content

Chapter 2 - Making Purpose

by EmeraldEyes

Warning: This work has been rated 18+ for language and mature content.

6

Good day losers!

Yes I have returned to enlighten you; and I warn you, this could be potentially quite offensive!

So now that we have established that your little lives are completely pointless, I am sure you can say I have knocked you down and I'm not sure how that would make you feel - what's more I don't really care! Now the time has come to start building you up.

7

"Liberation is not having responsibility."

Which is what we established in the first chapter. I could have just said that basically, but I didn't because I was trying to be poetic about it. Bit late for that now. Having said that, it's almost impossible to live in a world without responsibility. Because you have a responsibility to at least one person. YOURSELF.

8

You may not think you owe yourelf anything. In fact you owe yourself the right to do something. And that could be anything. In this case, we're talking about a whole range of scenarios because, I refuse to tie this down. To do that, would be to tie you down.

9

Which brings me to commitment. Another fallacy. It's involvement that you're after. And the difference between the words is key. For example:

commitment = the state or quality of being dedicated to a cause, activity, etc

involvement = the fact or condition of being involved with or participating in something.

Once you are reading to get involved with yourself, keep reading.

10

How many times have you sat there and made excuses as to why you can't do something? Huh! I have done that with PE lessons at polar bear school, with boyfriends I didn't like, with girls I was on double dates with. Here's another quote for you:

"If you really want to do something you will find a way, if not, you will find excuses."

This book is about helping you find the way, right? WRONG! NO NO NO NO. If you think you're going to "find yourself" here, then you can fuck off and go and boil a cat or something. I've already said about the importance of words here; and the difference between "find" and "make/create" is key. If you forget it, then there's no point in you reading the rest of my book. I hate timewasters.

11

The whole point of this chapter is made in point 9 where the definitions are. And that is this: participation is the whole standpoint of you actually achieving something. If you're not doing anything, you're not going anywhere.

Allow me to give you a worked example...

12

Hands up who's heard of The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky? Well even if ya haven't (it's quite a miserable novel actually) it carries a very profound message that matches exactly what I am trying to say here. Coincidentally (wink, wink.)

There's several amazeballs quotes in that book, that I am still pissed at Stephen that I didn't come up with them!

And the one I am using for my example is this:

“Sometimes people use thought to not participate in life.” And that's something to very easy to do.

13

So what has any of this got to do with you and making a point, and helping you understand? Well the answer is this: there is no point you just reading this and learning things that you won't remember and thinking: Yeah, I'm so professional so perfect and so purposeful now. BULLSHIT.

14

The fact is, you've got ot do something with this information. And what information is that precisely? This...

Task:

• Make a list of 3 things that you enjoy doing - this can literally be ANYTHING. eg. wanking, having sex, eating cake, looking at explicit pictures online, urinating, perving on cute people. Just make sure you're honest with yourself.
  • Next, define whether these things are your potential career - or whether they are just your hobby. It doesn't matter just as long as you can define yourself a bit.
  • Then decide what you're actually going to do with this information eg. go out and do something today that involves the list you just made, so for example, the top thing on my list would be wanking. So I would go and have a wank; and for however short a time, that would be my purpose. Capisco? Good.

15

See you soon.

Don't expect anything more eloquent!

Stay lucky.

Iggy wrote a review...

'Ello ^^

What I like most about this chapter was the task Mitchell gave. Most of the time, he just talks and insults and uses examples to explain something. I like that he gives the reader some interaction, something to do with their hands other than to fidget. The list was a good way to make the reader think and reflect on the purpose of this chapter.

I think my only nitpick would be the short paragraphs. They work fine when there's no numbers separating them but once they separate, I feel like I've lost the point of the "chapter" when I finish what tiny paragraph is in it. I suggest you remove the numbers.

I like that the whole point of this chapter was to encourage the reader to get off their butts and do stuff. To create instead of trying to find. To stop waiting and get to it. Aside from the minor insults, the message was clearly delivered and had some good examples. I enjoyed reading this more than the first chapter. ^^

Hope this helps.

~Iggy

IamTraunt wrote a review...

Hey! IamTraunt here to review! I haven't read the first chapter so I'm sorry if I'm a little rusty. I will try to help you make corrects and comment on your strengths.
Here we go:

Nitpicks!

Which is what we established in the first chapter.

The second line to this isn't accurate. This is because you have one of the 5W's in your sentence (who, what, why, where and when)and which in one sentence. That is why I urge you to put: that is what we established in the first chapter or which we established in the first chapter.

You may not think you owe yourelf anything.

Typo.

In this case, we're talking about a whole range of scenarios because, I refuse to tie this down.

I mention to quite a few people about commas and there purpose. A comma is used for a pause, so if you read this aloud it wouldn't sound right. Just take it out and it'll run smoother ;)

Which brings me to commitment.

Again with 'which'. It is fairly awkward the word 'which', if you think it like this: Could you possibly read this another way with different punctuation? Because, clearly, if you put a question mark instead of a full stop if would actually be a question. So, I would advice you to put 'this' instead of 'which'.

commitment = the state or quality of being dedicated to a cause, activity, etc.
involvement = the fact or condition of being involved with or participating in something

I'm not sure if you wanted this to have an effect, but I would capitalize those two words and put a full stop after 'ect'.

So what has any of this got to do with you and making a point, and helping you understand?

Again, you don't need a comma.

• Make a list of 3 things that you enjoy doing - this can literally be ANYTHING. eg.wanking, having sex, eating cake, looking at explicit pictures online, urinating, perving on cute people. Just make sure you're honest with yourself.

It should be 'eg;'

So, I don't usually review over 16+ but I thought I'd just pick out the mistakes and help you make adjustments. I'll let someone else comment on the overall story line.

No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies.
— Daisy Bates