z

Young Writers Society


12+ Violence Mature Content

The monster within | Chapter Four |

by vampricone6783


*This story is a fanfiction and a sequel of the R. L. Stine movie: “Monsterville: Cabinet of Souls”. If you want to read other chapters, check underneath my folder titled “The monster within…”. Gacha Club character designs are on my wall. Enjoy!*



NICOLE

I wish that Luke’s idea worked. I thought that something would happen if I just closed my eyes and concentrated, like in the movies, but nothing happened. Maybe I need to learn a few spells in order to undo our curse. Last time, Dr. Hysteria was controlling me, I didn’t think at all. My soul literally belonged to him.

But that’s not the case for now. I had to put makeup on the both of us. Luke wouldn’t hold still, so it took a little longer on him (and he needed the makeup more than me), giving me less time to put makeup on and straighten my hair, so right now I look insanely tired and like I don’t know how to brush my hair, but eh, at least Luke looks like a human and not like a clown.

I managed to squeeze in time for the both of us to get ready and still give Luke time to text his parents. How I did that without my family acting suspicious I’ll never know, but at least I did it. At least we’re okay. We made it to school as normal teenagers who are definitely not monsters.

We’re walking down the halls together. So far, everything seems good. I don’t feel annoyed times a million and Luke hasn’t made fun of anybody, so that’s good. Another sign that we’re not being controlled by Dr. Hysteria.

Now, where is Beth and Kellen?

Oh goodness, there they are, standing by their lockers, talking to each other. Beth is twirling her hair as Kellen speaks. Yeah, okay, I know that they’re in love, but does she really have to twirl her hair for him? That’s sooo obvious. I taught her better than that. Besides, I had Kellen first. Why should she-

No. Boys aren’t important right now.  I never “had” Kellen, I just had a crush on him. I can’t let my thoughts get to me. I just need to calm down and get to class without gaining the attention of Beth and Kellen. Me and Luke are friends, but we’re not friends-friends. We just sort of…hang out. I’m Beth’s friend and Luke is Kellen’s friend. That’s how we met. If they see us hanging out together, they’re going to ask questions. I can’t handle questions, especially in the morning. We’ll talk more about what happened during lunch.

All I need to do is get to class.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments




If all pulled in one direction, the world would keel over.
— Yiddish proverb