Home » Literary works » Short Story » Fantasy

12+ Violence Mature Content

Gabriel’s special Christmas!

by vampricone6783

*I made this short Christmas story involving a character named Gabriel from my “Town of Richardson” stories. You can also read another Christmas story involving him on my profile called “25 cheerful Christmas tales”. Gacha Club character designs are on my wall and enjooyyy!*

Fourteen year old Gabriel Edwards waited patiently in the circus tent. His friend, William, told him to.

It was Christmas Eve..or was it Christmas Day? He forgot, but he knew that today was a special day involving the holiday season.

Gabriel used to love Christmas. Decorating the tree with his parents and his little sister, Gwyneth. Making cookies, going out to see the amazing Christmas displays..

…That was before Mr.Lucas Ladouceur, William’s Dad, went on a mad murder rage and killed him and a few other people.

Gabriel worked as a clown, because he could and he thought that it was fun..it was fun..when he was alive…

…Until he brought his girlfriend, Denise, to the circus late at night. That was the night Mr.Lucas Ladouceur killed him. Denise left Gabriel behind, to die at his hands. For many years, he had just been known as Bubblegum the clown.

His lips were all stitched up, which was part of his tortuous death. He had one of his legs chopped off and his intestines removed.

He used to communicate with telepathy, but he lost that ability.

Now, he was mute.

“Gabriel! Come out, everyone is waiting!” William squealed happily as he walked into the tent.

Gabriel extended his hand and William took it, as he couldn’t walk very well after what happened to him.

“You’re going to love it, trust me!”

Gabriel doubted anything would make him happy now.

“Oh, and cover your eyes with your free hand. Don’t take the hand out until everyone says “Merry Christmas”! “ William added.

So all of the ghosts were involved, not just William? Well, this would be interesting.

Gabriel covered his eyes with his free hand, trusting William to lead him to the surprise.

…………………………………………………………..

“Merry Christmas, Gabriel!”

Gabriel took his hand off of his eyes..

…All of the other ghosts were there, the whole circus was decorated with Christmas lights and…and it started snowing! Actually snowing!

Tinkling Christmas music played somewhere and his parents from Heaven were there, too.

It was truly a magical sight.

“I know this wasn’t the Christmas any of us imagined, but..”

He pulled William in a tight hug.

“Soo..you like it?” William asked.

He nodded vigorously.

“I knew you would.” William chuckled.

“Soo..let’s stop standing around and celebrate already!” William said.

Everyone pitched in and if Gabriel’s lips were not stitched up, you would have seen him beaming from ear to ear.

Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:34 pm
jisrahinav wrote a review...

Hello, @vampricone6783. This is short story of yours was a very interesting and an unexpected one. I was like I want to read something related to Christmas so I went to the Green Room and found this. I was chill while reading it until the plot twist came unexpectedly. I love plot twists and dark endings, they give me chills. Thank you for sharing your dark, picturesque story.

You%u2019re very welcome.

Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:29 pm
Necromancer14 wrote a review...

Hello @vampricone6783!

Here is my review:

Well that was unexpected. At first I was thinking "Oh this is a nice little Christmas story" but then you hit me with this... lol.

WAIT HE'S DEAD?? HUH? I love the plot twists in this!

The whole Christmas party was so sweet, and the ending had this really interesting mix of wholesome but also kind of dark because of his mouth being stitched up.

I really liked this story. It was really dark at parts, but at the same time really wholesome and beautiful. One thing I might say would be to slow down the pace a little bit. It starts with being a nice christmas thing, then william's dad is a murderer, then you learn the main character is actually dead, and it's this wild roller coaster. Adding a little buildup between the plot twists could be nice.

Overall I really liked this, it had the perfect mixture of horror and wholesome and I really enjoyed reading it lol.

Thank you for your review.

Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!
— Dr. Seuss