z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Shades of Love

by dm74


Grey lines

Blurred lines

Black and white lines.

Lost in the shadows where truth and lies intertwine.

Do you love me?

Yes you do, 

but not the way I'd like you to. 

It's okay. I know it's best. 

But I needed to get this off my chest. 

Maybe I'm overthinking. 

Do you really blame me though?

These feelings are all new to me.

And I don't know how to let them go. 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
7 Reviews


Points: 180
Reviews: 7

Donate
Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:27 am
Lolita18 wrote a review...



okay, i loved this poem. wait, let me elaborate, I L-O-V-E-D THIS POEM !!!.
i am not sure if this is what all these lines mean. but i am gonna share my own thinking. because that is the beauty of poems. everyone can interpret them in however way they want based on their life and experiences.

so,
Grey lines

Blurred lines

Black and white lines

i think these lines show the insecurity that the one the person loves, does not love them the way we want them to. and its just so sad to think that the person will have to live with these one sided feelings for the rest of their life.

as i was reading this. i thought of these lyrics: (correct me if i am wrong.)
i spent all of the love i've saved
we were always a losing game
small town boy in a big arcade
i got addicted to a losing game
all i know all i know
loving u is a losing game

by duncan laurence

anyways, its a sad and beautiful poem. i enjoyed it.




User avatar
17 Reviews


Points: 969
Reviews: 17

Donate
Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:36 pm
angelinamar wrote a review...



"Do you love me?

Yes you do,

but not the way I'd like you to. "


This is actually very relatable in ways I can't express. It's like we want our person to to like/ love us back in the same way we like/ love them but they don't and that's what makes it so hard to continue our friendship with them. Like why don't you feel the same?




Random avatar

Points: 34
Reviews: 7

Donate
Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:59 pm
SimonBolivia says...



I enjoyed reading this poem that you wrote, and I think that it told a story with very little text. From what I can tell if might be a poem about Romance, but I like how you include "Shades of Love", as the main topic. It is short but sweet, with nice imagery.

Maybe the poem could be helped by going for a little bit longer, but I find that there is a good story that is put here. I can tell that it speaks about the relationship between a girl and her boyfriend, and the intimacy of their relationship is spoken about with only a few lines. Even though it doesn't rhyme in every verse, it doesn't need to. It tells a good story, while looking into the inner thoughts of the people. Poetry is a good way to express some deep feelings with basic language.

Your poem is complex and interesting, but also touches deeply into how people feel about love. Seems like a great work, so keep writing!




Random avatar

Points: 34
Reviews: 7

Donate
Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:58 pm
SimonBolivia wrote a review...



I enjoyed reading this poem that you wrote, and I think that it told a story with very little text. From what I can tell if might be a poem about Romance, but I like how you include "Shades of Love", as the main topic. It is short but sweet, with nice imagery.

Maybe the poem could be helped by going for a little bit longer, but I find that there is a good story that is put here. I can tell that it speaks about the relationship between a girl and her boyfriend, and the intimacy of their relationship is spoken about with only a few lines. Even though it doesn't rhyme in every verse, it doesn't need to. It tells a good story, while looking into the inner thoughts of the people. Poetry is a good way to express some deep feelings with basic language.

Your poem is complex and interesting, but also touches deeply into how people feel about love. Seems like a great work, so keep writing!




User avatar
210 Reviews


Points: 10015
Reviews: 210

Donate
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:57 pm
EllieMae wrote a review...



Time for a Black Cat Review!!



MEOW! Hello, friend! My name is Ellie and today I will be reviewing using my very own Black Cat Review Method! It is very similar to the incredible YWS S'more Method but I have Halloween-ified it and made it spooky! My little black cat friend, Vladimir, wants to offer his opinion on your amazing literary piece:

Mystical Witch Hat - What I See, Observe, and Interpret

I always love reading your poetry! I love how much you have been posting lately :D

Grey lines

Blurred lines

Black and white lines.


Love this listing technique you use, listing the different types of "lines". We always use phrases like "where do you draw the line" to describe unseen boundaries or rules we have. I feel like this poem really touches on the question "how do you really feel about me and what is true?"

Do you love me?

Yes you do,

but not the way I'd like you to.


You are loved, but it is a love you don't want. Perhaps someone sees you as a friend, not a romantic relationship, or the other way around.

Vladimir’s Advice - Suggestions for Improvement

perhaps adding a comma after the word, yes?

Yes you do,


you talk a lot about this situation from inside your own head. i would love to hear more about this other person. why do you love them? what about them makes them special to you? what does the love feel like? why cant you/did you tell them how you feel?

Jack O’Lanterns - My Favourite Parts and Praises

Lost in the shadows where truth and lies intertwine.


that a beautiful line <333 i love thinking of the visual of this line. all of these thoughts and feelings, buried in the shadows, lost and out of sight. love it!!!

Black Cat Cuddles - Concluding Ideas and Thoughts

this was so lovely! thank you for sharing!

your friend,
ellie

I hope you have a spook-tastical day, filled with black cat mischief!




User avatar
71 Reviews


Points: 6321
Reviews: 71

Donate
Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:39 pm
Youbeaucupid says...



Why so sad?? T^T Such a beautifully written poem, even though it's short it packs quite a punch to the feels! (*Totally didn't shed a few tears*)




dm74 says...


I told my friend I was in love with her. The backstory is in my book, Unspoken Melodies. She doesn't love me in that way and I got emotional. After getting my feelings out in this poem I feel better though.




"You, who have all the passion for life that I have not? You, who can love and hate with a violence impossible to me? Why you are as elemental as fire and wind and wild things..."
— Gone With the Wind