Home » Literary works » Article / Essay » Narrative

running to nowhere (so that paradise wasn't)

by Wriskypump

We Look at our world around us. What has become of it? I say, what drives our inner man any longer? Not our bare feet in the summer grass. Not riding our bikes through the neighborhood streets with our pals that we raz for a safeguard against social abuses on our creaking hearts. We stare into the eye-lights of our phone, into the murky black tendrils of the television screen; "And if you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes back into you"(Nietzsche). As Mechanical we Become we no longer balk as we should, at enjoying the direction our void computer consoles are pointing through end-of-days scenarios, unstabling mankind with precise plunges among storylines that put us on the versant endtrack to no contrition; getting wired to become as remorseless as The beings juggling the greater portion of movie & video-game scripts around common threads of an impending future they have intricacized for civil demise. All right beneath our noses. What currently sponsors affluence's Final thrill takes guise in every inch of fiction. It holds too much politics and Questions of Truth to simply be that. There is predictive programming in the sci-fi shows and cartoons for sure. "You have just dined, and however scrupulously the slaughterhouse is concealed in the graceful distance of miles, there is complicity." – Ralph Waldo Emerson

When such prophetic innuendos of dystopia can slip past the livestock without being searched at the Gates of our senses by a portrait left hanging on the screen in our peepers, we must look up from the automated cusps of avarice we so intangibly feed off of, and test our mind upon a current society of Concrete & Glass that dares our dreams to remain firm in suppression; & for complacency and homage to custom and etiquette, forfeit spirited endeavors. Why do we have convenience stores and snap-in cable cords? - “Society is composed of drowsy Christians and wide-awake sinners”(C.S. lewis) The Self-righteous who espouse their decency; & those who can’t deny that their thoughts alone often can’t keep from being brutish.

Synthetic substitutes have enthralled the minds of the youth, all but a handful from 35 on down. If we do not wean off the irresistible substance of abundance, we will continue to live in virtual reality where whatever we Make-we-Believe (including our customized moral code) we can gain peace of mind from—but like a waking dream our coping mechanisms translate & ImPEDe into our functionality. People wanna live the way they wanna live and so, the alleviation of which Human Origins provides will often remain unhunted when someone offers because it is simply easier to remain Oblivious.

We really musn’t sit in the lap of foundation-less fads and cruise on the silky duke!!s (.)(.) of emotion. You sure look snug there, processed and boxed up and conformed to that bosom that has raised you up on preconditioned flatteries, living behind the confines of all those cushy creed-chés. Are you cool with being acceptable, YOLO! Ready for every impulsive inky jet of conjecture each of your Followers douse you with to remain pleasantly passive enough to place a flower of appeal in their front Pocket? "Pride was the belt you used to hold your pants up when you had no pants" –{ Stephen King} Be sure to answer conveniently to each according ear. Your friendly neighborhood TaskMasters will snub you if you don't.

I’m not constrained to play that game anymore. I have been given a new way of life that nothing can hurt.

In the bible morality is given a specificity & objectivity found Nowhere else on earth, which if morals are not expressly delineated they become relative to the eye of the cultural beholder. Until then we have no way, shape or form to Counteract continual living in fear, forever unafraid to let our emotions flower outside of our unseen ourselves. It is not we who established the heavens and earth, and I can’t just cause what good or bad is to come about. But all things belong to God The Great Artist. He gets to decide what qualifications are & what qualifies as what. Personally, I think the only 2 conditions to being welcomed by God (to believe all the things about Him, and to give your heart to the path He wants to walk with you) is a very small thing considering how much of beasts we all are and shows sometimes, and how inscrutably long, breezy and uninterrupted it shall be after finally letting Him into your life. God could've made us jump through many hoops and "be good enough" but all He asks is "Are you going to be my friend or am I going to have to go and find someone else?" The demons abhor that you still have the choice to accept God's love and abide in a place of cheerful and soft living; instead of dying without any love forever and ever and ever in the very same way they did by trying nearer to the Beginning to gain Rule for themselves and Displace God from his irrevocable place on the Throne.

Now I’ve heard said, “If there is God, why are we in this place with woes & misery?” God wanted us to recognize that there is nothing that He can’t do. He also wanted to see us Overcome things, have a journey, rise to victory. So that paradise could be appreciated, and never be mistaken as a common experience. And the greatest Hurdle is belief; that He’s there and He cares so tenderly & intimately. He is the Victory when we find Him. That’s why He’s invisible: for the Contest of it. What would it be like if we had no goals that would actually last above a legacy? All things we presently see are even at this moment slipping through our fingers like mist, although we can feel the present refreshing coolness on our face, and about our skin.

But we cannot hold on, because all things are supplied to us by our Maker, and He will only provide immortal Security for those who come to Him. God can fully sympathize with not liking the system set in place, very much so; but He just needs us to know our lowly place, and accept what is delicately being extended to us: for there is nothing else.

And who will be Stronger than the Lord who made everything that can be seen?

Breathe—Let Me Rain on you. With every fall it's about getting up, determined by the disappointment of my Lover who I've just wounded in that very instance, to do a better job in that same situation next time I feel that instantaneous relief in something else is any more than fleeting respite, when He never leaves our side. But one day we will never even ever feel alone at any point of Life. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. – John 14:3 I Love the Lord because He hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because he has inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. – Psalms 116:1-2

“Jesus delighted in the knowledge that one day we would grow up to become his habitation,” a shepherd, David Wilkerson, once said. “--that he could come and dwell and abide in us. I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my father I have made known to you – John 15:15 He anticipated you being a being of prayer, and that He, in quiet times, He'd give you the secret of his heart, He would open this word to you, You would see things that nobody else saw, or heard.

He wanted to take away your weaknesses, your fears, your feelings of inadequacy your rejection: He wanted to teach you how to know and hear His voice. I seek God with all my might and heart and hope and in prayer he tells me what to do, where to go, and He’s given me promises. That's all there is, no other secret than that. He would speak life to you. this was why he delighted, I'm going to have a people, a bosom friend and my bride, someone I can talk to, someone I can share the burden of my heart with. His secret is with the righteous scripture says. He anticipated the love relationship with you so intimately, he rejoiced in the anticipation of His Bride delighting in his word; David himself in Psalms 118:19 describes what those gates are: 'Open to me the gates of righteousness!' This is the believer, this is the child of God who goes daily to the Word of God anxiously getting the Word of the Lord on how to walk in righteousness and holiness. This is the one who says I want to walk before the Lord with a pure heart, I want truth in the inner man; I can't get it from somebody else, I can't get it from books and tapes: Oh God, I go to Your word and I wait at Your gate: at the gate of righteousness; I wait for You to open the gate to me, because it won’t come of my own striving.”

So call on God to dwell within; Persevere unto death, and you will See Life take Hold & Begin. How do you lay up treasures in heaven where neither rust or moth destroys? - Matt 6:20

"Put Me in remembrance; let us plead together; declare you, that you may be justified. Though your sins are as scarlet they shall be made white as snow." – Isaiah 43 " For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." – Matthew 11:30

here’s one little pointless secret God one day made me to think into. (not sure how accurate i’ve conceived or explained it, but) Why do events seem to move in an onward-rolling, linear fashion: Our time so limited & unstoppable?

Time is pockets of space. Now you de-layer space, move it apart, to tear through it, if you want to flip through it to another part of space. Even within your own time zone, people are going about their daily lives in the world in places you aren’t near enough their space to be able to see, or the space of their house withholds their actions from view.

Now let’s imagine space is a two-dimensional plane like a page. From Time’s prodigious perspective a 2-D page would be a fixed point of space in the Vast Book of Time: this means time are piles of space merging, but space is only time when it is being repositioned by some force that turns its pages. So if you carved a door in space, you would emerge at a different space in time equivalent to the amount of force (gravity) you pull or push with. Now you must tear a slit in the page to fall through onto the next one. The previous page is lost to you forever because you can no longer interact with it. You can only proceed forward; unless by some force you could reverse time’s natural flow.

Multiple pieces of matter (the words and letters on the pages) interacting with other matter, makes up objects/mass space. And the pages of space, flipping along on ever-so imperceptible frames, creates time. But this is no usual-looking book.

If you can picture it, it is a circular book where blank pages continually manifest out of nothing and never quite uses up all the space inside somehow. Time, also because it acts upon by space which is allocated in a Great Ball (the universe/multiverse), forces space to travel like a never-ending video remaining unshakably ever-steady in The Rivertube, as the ball-book itself rotates around and round,, with all of it’s contents sloshing and jangling inside itself. Every still-ball frame in that video is a pocket of space, and as each slide clicks through, space is being relocated, transferred to the next position. A lone frame would stand still without time acting upon its space. Time is the transporter of space.

Space-time operates as a completely motionless ball if let alone and uninfluenced, all events taking place simultaneously and instantaneously; and it does happen that way to anything that is Outside of it. For time has been condensed and pulled tight by God until it became cylindrical, a tube so taut and structured, it is now a shape comparable to a microscopic thread of cable. The cable is so long and spindly that to us, it appears like a Subway Tunnel with no doors or stops except the entry behind us and the Exit that hasn’t traveled to us yet. The train’s speed brings events into Sight as it reaches them one by one, as we involuntarily are shot along at the pace it decides. Time, for us, now appears in a string of chronological events. Because of God’s manipulation of time, space has been pulled far apart enough into a canister of film so that the series of events is actually slow enough for a cognitive being to have time to process information to learn and make decisions. Such influence also shows that God would necessarily have to abide outside of time. Of course he operates inside of it every day as well.

Thu May 25, 2017 2:46 pm
Jurelixranoanad wrote a review...

Hi, J here for a review.
First off I really don't think that this is an essay, its more like a sermon that a pastor would give. I would recommend putting it into the Other catagory. Anyway, aside from the fact that this is catagorized wrong there are a few things that needs to be worked on. For example your paragraphs needs to shorter, I found it very hard to follow since their was so many words in one place. Also most of your sentences got really drug out and they were much longer than just one thought. I have always believed in God and I think is a very conflicted matter, some people believe some people don't. I have no right to judge them. I will say that I loved the use of the quotes and them mixed with the Bible verses made the essay a bit more exciting.
Anyway sorry if this review wasn't helpful.

Good Job and Keep Writing!!

ExOmelas wrote a review...

Okay so first of all I really don't think this is an essay. Just putting a couple of quotes into a piece doesn't make this an essay. If it's anything, it's a sermon. I suggest categorising it under "other".

And speaking of the quotes, other than the bible ones, I don't understand what most of them are doing there. What authority can their sources claim on this subject? You need to explain this, and also explain why the sources are relevant.

Some problems I've found with your argument is lack of analysis. For example:

The beings juggling the greater portion of movie & video-game scripts around common threads of an impending future they have intricacized for civil demise

For this entire paragraph, I have no idea what your problem with video games is. It improves reaction times, analytical skills, ability to handle lots of characters and settings at once. There's some analysis as to why the things kids do is good. In order for your argument to have weight, you need to tell me why it's bad. And here's some analysis for why riding bikes isn't a utopia: it hurts when you fall off.

This essay (which I'll just refer to it as) seems to be separated into three parts. The first is a criticism of the present day, the second about how god doesn't ask much, the third about time. I have no idea how any of this is relevant to each other. This should be made clearer.

And finally, I move onto arguing against your argument.

This caused an argument between my flatmate and I. My flatmate is religious and I am not. He argues that god is rational and good and could not care less if you believe in him, as long as you are a good person. I think this is wishful thinking. But I also think that we have no way of knowing. The bible was written so long ago by people who were categorically not god, not even Jesus. Why do they get authority? Who gets to decide what god is like? For my part, if I had to force myself to believe in god, I guess I would imagine a god that is as good as possible, not the kind you have described.

Because what is the point in knowing the value of paradise? If it's eternal, if you are going to be eternally happy, why do you need to be grateful? If god just loves us and wants us to be happy, then why does it matter if we understand how good it is? And why do some people have to go through so much more suffering than others? Why is my suffering fretting about whether my favourite tennis player is going to win, when my friend's suffering is trying to feel comfortable in her body while she waits for gender-reassignment surgery?

These are the kinds of questions you have to answer if you're going to convince people that god is overall good and doesn't ask much. For one thing, does he not also ask people not to love people of their own sex, not to have sex before marriage, and a whole load of other rules that idk if they're actually in the bible but he sure allows a hell of a lot of people to think they are.

I realise that's all a bit confrontational but as a non-believer I kind of feel like I'm being told I have a heart of stone so you need to be either more clear or have sounder arguments to justify such a line.

Wriskypump says...

Well I'm overjoyed that you took the time to read all of this! You ask so many good questions as well! Jesus claimed He was God. Luke, one of the gospel writers was a certified Historian, testifying to the miracles and power that burst forth from Jesus' ministry: Jesus also didn't seem to do anything for monetary gain or seat of authority on earth, which I find quite unnatural to how most, maybe all men would think. Also in the bible you find the Nature of God portrayed not in an ambiguous words or vague mystery. I think the best way for me to answer on Jesus' authority would be to take directly from scripture, so bear with. Later today I can link you to something I will be posting, which happens to be a short proof of why it seems Jesus is who he claims.

Starts in Luke 24:44 - And he said unto them, "These are the words which I spoke to you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me."
Then opened he their understanding that they might understand the scriptures, And said unto them, "Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things."

Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he:before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no savior. (Isaiah 43) Isaiah was an old testament prophet.

Jesus prays this in (John 17) - "And this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given me to do. And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was."

Psalm 86:10 says, "For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone."

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. (Deut. 32) Moses wrote the first 5 books

In John 10:30-33 Jesus speaks with a crowd who get mad at him for what he claims. Jesus answered them, "I and My Father are one," Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, "Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone me?" The Jews answered, saying, "For a good work we do not stone you, but for blasphemy, because You, being a man, make Yourself God."

Finally we have in Mark 16, "After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country. And they went and told it unto the residue of the disciples: neither believed they them. Afterward Jesus appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believes and is baptized (in the holy spirit of God by believing) shall be saved; but he that believes not shall be damned."

Wriskypump says...

Also, there's nothing wrong with video games. All I was saying in the writing was that some entity is slipping things in there all the time relating to the history of the world, and a dystopic world in the near future involving mystical ancient bizarreness reviving and being unleashed

Wriskypump says...

And yeah, I know I might've done a clearer job in my conveying of ideas. Not getting to have Paradise immediately, overcoming trials and stuff, it can allow us to see how small we are & how Gigantic God is, and also How Amazing his love is, in that he loves us no matter how messed up & corrupt we are. He's willing to work with us, & die for us, and do the work of transforming our lives as long as we will call on Him & look to Him. But without faith it is impossible to please God, for whoever would seek Him must believe He is, and that He is a rewarder of them who diligently seek Him. (Hebrews 11) Hebrews is actually quite a strange, insightful reading as to revealing God's plan of leading man to salvation.

Wriskypump says...

My point about technology was supposed to be that it easily sedates our mind, and makes us complacent, apathetic, less likely to go research stuff for ourselves or spend time thinking about analyzing the world around us so perhaps we can come to a conclusion about it, if there is something out there to be found

ExOmelas says...

I have nowhere near the background knowledge to argue this. All I can recommend is making it clearer why what you say helps your argument. Also, life can be perfectly happy without God. It's kind of insulting to agnostic and atheists to suggest they don't have morals, or that a world without religion would be a less moral/good one.

ExOmelas says...

But also technology makes that easier. Like, microscopes make us better easier to understand stuff. And watching films makes us feel things from (fictional) lives other than our own - they help our empathy. And computers help me communicate to people from totally different walks of life to me eg you

Wriskypump says...

Right about technology in that way. It's a potential hazard, is what I should say. Life can seem happy without God; but nobody on the outside looking in really understand the level of serenity and joy that comes from having a friendship with your Maker. You don't need to worry too much about what goes on in your life, cause it will be over and done with rather quickly, and all that will remain is eternity and no more tears then. I'm not saying an atheist or agnostic doesn't have morals, they simply have beliefs that will be judged accordingly as God has deemed.

If you want something badly, you just gotta believe it's gonna work out.
— Andy, Parks & Rec