z

Young Writers Society


12+

Unordered

by Sherri


Do it now while I am weak

Hold me down so I don't speak

Let my hate propel you on

Those days of peace are too far gone

And I will live on through your eyes

In the shadow you so despise

So rally on this hateful war

I hope you find what you're looking for

A little girl with flowing hair

Has unfurled into deep despair

Once a child and now a queen

All or nothing, and nothing between

I beg you to take me down

Let me rest, let me drown

For all these years atop this throne

Have left me here all alone

The war rages on outside these walls

I'm forced to watch as my kingdom falls

Plunge your sword into my heart

Scatter the blood like a work of art

Let my hate run down my chest

Bury it with all the rest

Shackles and chains will set me free

So let me die then leave me be.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
163 Reviews


Points: 5016
Reviews: 163

Donate
Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:18 am
View Likes
Mysticalxx wrote a review...



Wow, deep poem! The way I understand it, it's about a ruler who's struggling to rule properly, and just can't watch his empire crumble away, right? So, really nice poem! It's a good representation of the struggle a ruler/king faces. The flow of the poem is smooth and rhythmic, and therefore it was nice to read. Your expression is awfully good. Just work on the punctuation of the poem (You need to add commas before every other line and such) and it'll be even better. Keep it up!

Mysticalxx




User avatar
245 Reviews


Points: 192
Reviews: 245

Donate
Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:00 pm
View Likes
ChocolateCello wrote a review...



Hey! ChocolateCello here!

I have to agree with the last comment, I read this like a poem oppose to a song, but that doesn't really matter, it was still great. I think the reason I read it as a poem is mainly because I didn't have a tune to put it to so that's fine.

Okay! Reviewing time!

I really enjoyed this. You proved to have great skill when it comes to lyrics. Everything flowed smoothly, none of the rhymes felt forced, and the story was great. Some people, when writing like this, tend to have words that feel 'out of vocabulary' or 'used uncomfortably' but everything seemed to be used properly and comfortably. (I hope that was clear... Struggling with words myself right now)

One lined that bothered me a bit though, (More opinion than an actual problem but...)

"All or nothing, and nothing between"
Okay, so great line, everything in fine, but I don't like the repetition of 'nothing'. Maybe replace the second nothing with 'none in'. Wait, maybe not. I'm not sure. The more I re-read this the better it sounds. Okay, I'm not going to delete this edit though because maybe you agree, I don't know. It's fine, but when I first read it, it bothered me. Now? Not so much. I'm just going to shut up now and continue, okay...

Well, this was a crappy review, I apologize. There was another sentence I thought could be better but I've spent the past ten minutes looking for it and I can't remember which one it was so, obviously, it wasn't that bad.

I really enjoyed this song though and I really hope you keep writing lyrics and poems similar to this.

Keep writing!
-ChocolateCello




User avatar
126 Reviews


Points: 17581
Reviews: 126

Donate
Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:42 pm
View Likes
Day says...



I really dig the lyrics especially the climatic end, although it felt more like a poem then lyrics for a song. Please keep posting your writing!





*gestures in butterfly meme*
— BluesClues