Life is a Blessing

by MapleWay, starbean

Life.

What a blessing!

It is everywhere you look.

In the sky.

On the ground.

In smiling faces.

In old and new.

In the happy and sad.

And even in the deepest darkest corner!

Life really is something special.

It's a way to appreciate.

A way to know.

A way to think.

A way to grow.

You can be who you are

and choose your own path

So the next time you look at life,

take a minute to stop.

And appreciate it.

Let it brighten your day

and your being.

akanbright wrote a review...

Excellent one you guys got here. U really appreciate the extent for which you tried drawing the lines from, so as to give clarity to the work. Its true that all we do, did and become is owed to the fact that life gave us an opportunity to do all of those things and so even life is subject to God and in this, think you were wrong from the point you were trying to make in that we should take a minute and appreciate life and if I think thats what you actually meant, then I think it is wrong because you don't appreciate life for life, rather you appreciate God the giver for life.
This is one major problem God has had with man and that is the fact that man has adored creation more than the creator and in that I'm trying to let you know so maybe you can get in well next time.
Now I'm not trying to act religious or view your work from a religious angle for which I think it wasn't designed to be from. Apart from that, i have no other problem with your work and I suppose you work on your diction, do you don't mismanage and unalign words because they would turn out to become a controversy.
Thanks anyways, I simply enjoy the altitude of the poem.

MapleWay says...

akanbright says...

You're welcome

Emivanz1 wrote a review...

Hi emivanz here for a short review!
This was an incredibly sweet poem that i quite enjoyed.
Glows
I loved the way it rhymed and flowed along in your head.
it had a very positive message.
the overall feeling was light and airy.

Grows
I think it could have had more of a rhythm
Maybe do more similies to get depth

And thats all! keep writing!
Your friend
Emivanz

MapleWay says...

Thanks! I might take a look at your suggestions later!

Sunflowerdemon3712 wrote a review...

This was a very cute and sweet poem ad I enjoyed it! I think it was a sweet read nice to see in a sea of sad poems this was very refreshing just getting to see something happy! I also liked that some of it rhymed I love it when poems rhymes that just adds and extra bit of enjoyment to it in my opinion! I also think that the little leaf picture at the end was cute. (did you take if so great job!) Anyway I hope you have great day/night and keep on writing! Bye! :)

MapleWay says...

Thanks, for the kind review! I'm glad you liked it!

Some people file their [tax] returns inside of a dead fish.
— John Oliver