I Don't Understand Hate

by LittleCaroleen

I don’t understand hate.

A man my mother once loved,
She hates for me to see.
Because he burned her
Once too many times.
But that man,
Happens to be my father.

I don’t understand hate.
A kid who just wanted to love
Someone who was more like him,
Has been kicked out
Onto the cold city streets.
Now it will be even harder,
For him to understand love.

I don’t understand hate.
You could never work out,
Your own little issues
So now you take it out
On someone so vulnerable.
This doesn’t mean you’re strong.
It means you’re sad and wrong.

I won’t understand hate,
Because this intolerance has to stop.
This world was made by God,
And my God is love.
So why would we want
A world made by love

To be so full of hate?

Niraco wrote a review...

I loved this poems portrayal of society in general. It was well written and I it holds a special place within my heart.

I don’t understand hate.
You could never work out,
Your own little issues
So now you take it out
On someone so vulnerable.
This doesn’t mean you’re strong.
It means you’re sad and wrong.

I couldn't find one particular line within this paragraph that I loved the most. All of it is personal to myself. It even had me chocking up a tad.

I could feel how much emotion and depth was placed so gently yet it still seemed so raw and powerful.

All in all it was just a beautiful piece that will hold a special place in my heart. Phenomenal job, and happy writing!

noelsugarcube says...

wow O_O. that was deep man. It kinda represents not only American society, but other nations as well. This shows the mind of a child who can't understand the world quite yet. Which, in my opinion, all adults should understand.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:43 pm
sphealwithit wrote a review...

Sphealwithit here, happy reviews for people.

Woah this poem is good. It adresses some serious issues and I enjoyed reading it. I take it the third stanza is about bullying. It was the one that really stood out to me. This is a really well written poem the languge used helps it flow. I like the way you said 'my god is love' it shows your opinion on god that isn't offensive. Ima stop nows....

Keep up the good work

Sphealwithit out...

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:34 pm
alexistaianna wrote a review...

Whoa :) This peom was really groundbreaking. i really enjoyed it. really gives a glimpse in your life and others as well. Everything is perfect and divided so you can read it clearly.I hope other people will read this poem and see everything behind it. This is really good work. You actually make me want to start to write poems. And I have considered it. Good Job :))

The most important service rendered by the press and the magazines is that of educating people to approach printed matter with distrust.
— Samuel Butler