Golden Souls

by DeliriumNervosa

There are always those people around you that make life worth living. As soon as you see them, the mood lightens and you cant explain it. These people are rarer than diamonds. They are golden souls. The purest human form there is, the closest thing to an angel on this Earth.

What I find the most intriguing about these people is how the world can be so horrendously cruel to them and yet their souls still radiate pure love. Unfortunately these mystical and wonderful people are also the ones who suffer the most. And no, they dont have some sort of shield that protects them from feeling or experiencing crappy things. If anything, their pureness subjects them to an even greater level of feeling than others. They feel negative emotions just as much, if not more than positive ones.

Every little emotional bruise, nasty, sarcastic, snide comment, guilt trip and lie slowly begins to build up. Most people can only take so much before they crack. This crack is usually displayed in one of two ways. One- The person finally has enough and stands up for themselves. They explode like a volcano and dont hold anything back. They let out all the pent up rage and emotion like a dam whose walls have finally broken. Or two they dont feel rage, they feel pain and sadness. Their walls break like a dam to, however it is with tears and waves of horrendous pain. They cry and doubt themselves. They replay everything, trying to find the moment they messed up and made everything begin to turn to shit. How horrible to think that someone elses actions has made another second guess themselves and believe they are the problem?

Golden souls have a completely different level of breaking though. These souls are the ones who will do anything to make others smile or feel better, even if they themselves feel like falling apart. They are always there for anyone that needs them, offering a shoulder to cry on, words of support. Yet, when they need someone, when these angels finally crack, they are alone. Oh they can break? These amazing beings actually have a breaking point? Yes they do! It takes a lot for these souls to crack. Believe me though, they do. And not just a small lets fill it with putty crack. No, a full blown crater sized crack in their soul. The angel will eventually succumb to the horrific pain and trauma they have endured or witnessed. No one is above pain, not even golden souls. Everyone cracks at some point. Some crack more often than others. Some at a drastically high level. Frequency and intensity doesnt matter. What matters is that everyone has the capacity to break.

-DeliriumNervosa

lillianna says...

wow! i love how this is from your personal view. this is such a relatable topic in our culture today, and how you put it as art. it’s incredible! i feel like we all know at least one of these people in our lives. they are especially a person to lean on. i love this.

Hey harperlouise06 I am so glad you enjoyed reading my piece!A lot of my writing (that I haven't posted yet, I am still new) is my personal view or experiences. I believe these experiences are what allow me to write such deep and relevant things. I hope you continue to enjoy my work

lillianna says...

i can%u2019t wait to read more!!%u263A%uFE0F

Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:05 pm
JoyDark wrote a review...

Hey! I saw this in your portfolio and thought I'd check it out. I didn't expect this. This is something timeless trapped in a bottle. Maybe even wisdom. Whatever it is, I feel you are completely right here. Everyone breaks, and no one should assume they can't.

I love the subject in this piece. Golden souls, as you call them, do definitely exist, and they are the most fragile, because they can take in so much pain yet radiate so much hope. It's a paradox, almost. This piece is very abstract, but I like it. Like thoughts written down.

I don't really have much to say about this. It speaks for itself. Thank you for sharing this work.

Hi Lia5Giba,
I am so glad you enjoyed reading it! I definitely write in an abstract way and I understand it is hard to read at times. I tend to write my thoughts and feelings down and then they become pieces like this haha.
This is the first piece I have ever shared for people to read, I am very self-conscious about my writing haha I am so very glad it has made sense to even one person!

Elinor wrote a review...

Hi DeliriumNervosa!

Welcome to YWS! My name is Elinor, and I thought that I would drop by to give this piece a quick review. I'm not sure exactly what to call it, or what your intention with it was. It's not quite an essay, but not quite a short story either. Would it be fair describe it as creative non-fiction? Anyway, I found it compelling. As writers, some of our best work can occur when we just put our pen to paper (or fingers to a keyboard) and write what is on our mind.

I like how you frame this concept as people with golden souls, and how the most suffering seems to happen to such people. The one thing I'd look for when rewriting this story is a sense of focus. It wasn't immediately clear your were describing abusive relationships, nor was the narrator or perspective from which you were telling the story. Perhaps you can describe certain characters that this happens to, even you describe them in broad brush strokes from the POV of an omniscient narrator. I'm also not sure why this is all italics.

But, those comments aside, I really enjoyed your piece! Hope this helps, and keep writing! :D

Cheers,
Elinor

Hi Elinor,
Thank you so much for your feedback! I absolutely welcome it and I will definitely look at it and apply it to my future works. I am not sure whether I do continue in this way or whether I add other works to it and join it cohesively?

BhavyaMehta123 wrote a review...

Hi! Welcome to YWS.I hope you have a wonderful time here.I just loved it. The vocabulary, the message everything is on point. I must say what a start at this site! This is something which has happened with me so many times.
You are right, ' people who have a golden heart have a hard time.' But, they must remember better days are on their way. The last lines convey the bitter truth. " Situations break everyone. Intensity doesn't matter."
I loved your work and agree with your point.
Lastly, all the best for your future works. Would love to read them as well.
Keep Writing!
From: Bhavya

Bhavya thank you so much for your feedback! I will take it on board when I edit it. I hope you do read anything else I post and please let me know your thoughts!

Sure I would love to read them:)

Sure I would love to read them:)

Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:10 pm
JesseWrites says...

This was short and astounding. The phrases like " emotional bruise, nasty, sarcastic, snide comment, guilt trip and lie" make me feel comforted that someone can write like that.

I think that the last bit was long. It could be separated to make people more comfortable and less afraid.

~S.M.Locke~

Thank you so much for your feedback! I appreciate it and will definitely be reviewing my work. I am unsure how to continue with this. I don't know whether to just alter the ending a little or make it a longer story? Or just post other things like this as short non-fictional musings? Any assistance or ideas would be appreciated greatly.

-Delirium Nervosa

The bigger the issue, the smaller you write. Remember that. You don’t write about the horrors of war. No. You write about a kid’s burnt socks lying on the road. You pick the smallest manageable part of the big thing, and you work off the resonance.
— Richard Price