z

Young Writers Society



Too clingy for a one night stand

by Sassafras


I wake with day break,
with you, in sync. An ellipse
ends night's poetry.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 897
Reviews: 12

Donate
Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:29 am
Shalmz says...



hi writer,

your poem was lovely and precise..
congratulations.

i liked - ends night's poetry.

true that.
keep writing and reviewing.

to review my work, view-https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=115583




User avatar
863 Reviews


Points: 29221
Reviews: 863

Donate
Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:13 pm
View Likes
Morrigan wrote a review...



Hi, ReisePiecey!

Oh, this was lovely.

I understand the feeling here, and I really appreciate that the haiku has done you no wrong, especially with the break after ellipse.

That moment of awkward silence when whoever has to leave is trying to find all their clothes, and you sit there and watch, breathing in the remnants of love that occurred the night before. They pull on their pants and find their shirt, and their bag, and you watch them as they open the door, but what do you say to them? The awkwardness trails off into a deeper silence as they leave, the sunlight worming its way between the blinds as you sigh. It hurts, doesn't it?

I can't believe you captured that feeling in a haiku, but you did. Really well done. The only thing I'd suggest changing is that daybreak is one word, not two, but if you meant to do that to emphasize the "breaking" feeling in this poem, go ahead and leave it like that.

Also, I might consider changing the title a little; the way it's phrased doesn't properly convey the sophistication in this poem.

Altogether, this is fabulous. Sorry if I rambled a little bit back there. I hope you find this helpful! Happy poeting!




User avatar
275 Reviews


Points: 15319
Reviews: 275

Donate
Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:29 pm
View Likes
elysian wrote a review...



Hello :)

I love the title, drew me in. but, shouldn't it be "Too Clingy for a One Night Stand?"
Consider changing that.

Also, I think the period in "with you, in sync. An ellipse" Kind of disrupts the flow. maybe change it to:

"with you, in sync, an ellipse"

Which maybe you put that there because it an abbreviation... But then you wouldn't capitalize "An ellipse" I don't know. Revise that?

I love the line "ends night's poetry." because I know what that means. I think. because the whole thing is about being too clingy and you would a one night stand is "poetry" because it's beautiful but a poem doesn't last forever, but it can stay in your mind for quite some time.

I don't know what you were going for, so this may be confusing XD but it's okay if your reader doesn't know exactly what you were going for because then they can make it what they make it.

Hope you can understand some of this xD

Best wishes,

Kam :)




Sassafras says...


The period is actually just the end of the first sentence. And thank you for the feedback! <3




The brain is wider than the sky.
— Emily Dickenson