z

Young Writers Society

Find the Goose and Clear the Green Room Challenge

1228 Reviews

Reviews: 1228
Fri May 26, 2023 3:42 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Join us for the Summer Clear the Green Room Challenge as we search for the Golden Goose!

Have you heard a strange honking in the distance?
Spoiler! :

There has long been a legend told by bards among the Knights of the Green Room that a glorious fowl lives among the lands of YWS - a bird of glittering golden feather, whose song of sweet honks is like a symphony; the Golden Goose. It has been years since the goose was last spotted, for she only shows up when the Green Room has been cleared. But recently sounds have echoed across the site of a honking we believe could belong to Golden Fowl - perhaps if the Green Room is cleared again the beautiful goose might be found!

Our site mission this Summer (starting June 1) is to Find the Golden Goose by Clearing the Green Room before August 1! If the Green Room is cleared and the Goose found we even have some wonderful prizes to celebrate with!

SITE PRIZES FOR SITE CHALLENGE

If the Green Room is successfully cleared before August 1 the Golden Goose will be found and we will have a week long social-week and free works for three days to celebrate (limit 5 per user)! How awesome is that!

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

To participate in clearing the Green Room all you have to do is review works in the Green Room that have 0 or 1 Review! Please remember writing spam-reviews, do not count towards this challenge and can result in points being deleted.

We also have a few challenges to make things even more fun!

CHALLENGES & PRIZES

SEARCH TEAM CHAMPIONS - everything's better with a team right? This Golden Goose is a tricky one to find, so let's team up to work together and find this goose! We're running this kind of like a summer-long review day - to join a team, make a post in the Join a Search Team thread and you'll be assigned to a team. The winning team that logs the most reviews during the summer will earn Dark Cyan usernames for the first week of August and a special badge. (Must log at least 1 review to earn badge, spam-reviews will have a negative effect on overall count). PRIZE: Temporary Dark Cyan Username, Special Badge CHALLENGE LINK

FOLLOWING FEATHERS CHALLENGE - Help us clean out the Green Room and find the Golden Goose by writing and logging at least 5 Green Room Reviews before the summer ends (Aug 1). PRIZE: Special Badge, Green Hat Avvie CHALLENGE LINK

KotGR MAIN CHALLENGE (open to Knights of the Green Room, new or old) If you log 10 GR Reviews in the KotGR Main Challenge Thread before summer ends (Aug 1) you can claim the Main Challenge Prize. PRIZE: Limited Edition Badge and Drawing from Knight @Spearmint CHALLENGE LINK

SUMMER REVIEW-A-WEEK SPECIAL CHALLENGE - For those ambitious reviewers that want to see this challenge to its victory - log 1 review every week from June 1 - August 1 in the "Review A Week" thread. PRIZE: Limited Edition Badge and a Goose Doodle from @alliyah CHALLENGE LINK

~~~

BUT WAIT... THERE'S MORE: FIND THE GOOSE TAGBOOK - Join the Knights in an epic adventure by participating in the "Find the Goose" tagbook! STORYBOOK LINK - There's an opportunity to earn RP Credits Towards Badges too!

you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1228 Reviews

Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:03 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

THE SEARCH HAS BEGUN!

The honking sound is getting ever louder, and some golden feathers have even been spotted in the Green Room! It's time to begin our mission!

There's still time to sign up for a Search Team (those will be open until the end of June)!

You can join in for some extra fun by jumping into the Search for the Golden Goose Tagbook - which is like a normal storybook, except anyone can join at any time and the character that you write with is yourself! It's super fun. :)

Happy Reviewing Everyone! Let's find that Goose!

1228 Reviews

Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:42 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Huzzah! About one month into our search and there's officially been a sighting of the Golden Goose at Snoink's home! (photo-proof below)

We're getting close to capturing that golden fowl! Join the search in the Tagbook or by fighting foes in the Green Room.

1228 Reviews

Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:50 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Congratulations to all of these users who've logged 5+ Green Room reviews over in the Following Feathers Challenge - it's not to late to join them!

Wow, what magnificent green hats.

1228 Reviews

Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:59 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

HUZZAH! We Did it!
The Green Room has been Cleared, the Goose is Found

There are 0 works with 0 reviews and 0 works with 1 review in the Green Room.

Congratulations to EVERY YWSer who made this possible, we did it! The Green Room has been completely cleared and the Golden Goose has been found once more! Special congratulations to Team Maple who contributed the most reviews towards finding the goose, congratulations to Knight @Rook who managed those last 3 Green Room reviews and actually was the first to set eyes on the goose by posting a screen shot over in the Goose Thread, and congratulations to everyone who wrote a review!

I have to admit I thought it'd be a little bit of a stretch to manage clearing the Green Room even given two months, but we showed up, we reviewed, we did it! The Golden Goose will be hosting a Social Week in honor of this achievement August 1-7 complete with three days of free literary works (limit 5 per user)! So watch out for more information about that.

In the days to come you can help the After Watch by trying help the knights keep the Green Room under 15 works - More Info Here our last after watch record was in June 2020 we kept the Green Room under 15 works for 17 days, 14 hours. Can we beat that?

Thank you again everyone! There is not a more beautiful sound than hearing that delightful goose honking in the Green Room, well done! Huzzah!

** Since the goose has been found - The Team Search is completed however the Finding Feathers + KotGR Challenge + Review Every Week Challenge are still open to the end of the month as Green Room works continue to come in. **

1228 Reviews

Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:05 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

As the site prize for clearing the Green Room and finding the Golden Goose - the goose & mods will be hosting a Site Social Week August 1 - 7, free literary work posting (limit 5 per user) August 4 - 6. Can't have the Green Room looking empty forever right? Watch out for the Social Week schedule - we've got some exciting activities and tags planned for everyone!

The Following Feathers, Review-Every-Week, and KotGR Challenge (all linked in this post) will continue on until the end of July, when all badges and prizes will also be awarded. Thank you to everyone for your participation and reviewing, what a great Summer!

1228 Reviews

Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:41 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Search for the Golden Goose Event Summary

SEARCH TEAM CHAMPIONS The following members of Team Maple Leaf were part of the Search Team that managed to write the most Green Room reviews during the Search, making them Search Team Champions. Together they contributed 240+ reviews during the challenge making a huge impact towards us finding the Golden Goose. (These users get to boast dark cyan usernames for social week too!)

@alliyah @cookiesandcream123 @DreamyAlice @ForeverYoung299 @looseleaf @Rinisha @IcyFlame @Liminality @Quillfeather @alpacaboss @LuminescentAnt

FOLLOWERS OF FEATHERS The following reviewers followed the feathers during the challenge, collecting clues and writing reviews! Each one logged at least 5 reviews during the challenge.

@alpacaboss @KateHardy @Rinisha @IcyFlame @KaiaJersaga @alliyah @DreamyAlice @Spearmint @MerleBlackbird @Rose @LuminescentAnt @cookiesandcream123 @OrabellaAvenue @GengarIsBestBoy @RandomTalks

MAIN CHALLENGE FIVE WINNERS The following Knights or Squires defeated 10 and logged at least 10 foes during the Summer Clear the Green Room Challenge, earning this limited edition Knights of the Green Room Badge.

@Spearmint @alpacaboss @Rinisha @Rose @alliyah @MerleBlackbird @KaiaJersaga @LuminescentAnt @Liminality @loveissourgrapes

REGULAR REVIEWERS Every week, rain or shine, these reviewers stepped up to the plate writing and logging their reviews every single week of the Summer! Congratulations!

@Spearmint @IcyFlame @RandomTalks @KaiaJersaga @cookiesandcream123

TORTOISE CHAMPIONS June set our search off on a very strong pace in a large part due to our dedicated Great Tortoise Race Champions. These users wrote at least one review every single day of June.

@IcyFlame @alpacaboss @KaiaJersaga @MerleBlackbird @alliyah @DreamyAlice @Spearmint @vampricone6783 @OrabellaAvenue (Orabella, vampricone, and Icy even have kept up their tortoise reviewing through July!)

STORYBOOK STORYTELLERS While this category does not earn a badge, the tagbook was a huge part of the fun this year and I did want to thank and congratulate everyone who contributed to keeping the story going. It was a wild goose chase, but I think we had fun!

@alliyah @PoetryGoos @DreamyAlice @GengarIsBestBoy @momonster @KaiaJersaga @LuminescentAnt @KotGRCommander @Spearmint @alpacaboss @foxmaster @Snoink

GOOSE BADGE Every time the Green Room is cleared is an opportunity for one swift reviewer to catch the very first gaze of the horizon. This time Knight @Rook successfully completed the last three reviews needed in the Green Room and posted the first screen shot of the cleared Green Room in the Golden Goose Chase Thread. Well done!

AFTERWATCH KNIGHTS | RECORD BREAKERS These brave reviewers, brought their efforts together after the Green Room was cleared, and fought to keep the Green Room under 15 works in the days that followed. They even helped set a new record for the After Watch of over 20 days!

@alliyah @alpacaboss @KaiaJersaga @Spearmint @LuminescentAnt @Rinisha @Rose @foxmaster @OrabellaAvenue @Dossereana

TOP REVIEWER / GREEN ROOM MVP A Special Shoutout is also in order for @IcyFlame, who managed over GR 100 reviews on their own during the course of this search with the majority of those being Green Room reviews.

Thank you to all of our reviewers in June and July who contributed to this event and all of these challenges! If you find you did not receive a badge that you should have received, please reach out, and the rest of your prize package will be taking place soon. The Social Week (August 1-7) which we're celebrating now, is dedicated to each of you. And on behalf of your mod team (and the Golden Goose) we hope you enjoy the celebration!

ah yes my boiling cheetohs
— tatteredbones