696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:59 pm
View Likes
manisha says...

On a fine September day, a girl stumbled on a website called YWS. She debated- should I join this or wattpad? She decided to go for both. She posted a couple of poems on both the sites and waited to see the reaction. When on wattpad nothing exciting happened, on YWS she received strong reviews. She was initially hurt when she read them. How harsh! She thought. Back then she didn’t know that it was the same review that would go on to change the way she wrote.

So thank you@ Dreamwalker, for writing that review on my first poem on YWS. When I write a poem now, I always recall what you said back then.

I stopped being active on YWS after that (the place was rather intimidating) but dropped in now and then. I met Searwater and Lava, after which I believed I could have friends here and maybe even belong. Since then, YWS has become my second home.

@Nate I wouldn’t be here talking about the amazing people I’ve met on this site if not for you. Thank you for creating YWS and everything you do for the site.

@Lava my big sister! I think I’ve known you the longest on this site, you were Lava and then AxaleaLexis and then Lava again. I like hearing about your life (you are always up to such cool smart things), reading your posts and I get excited when I see a notification from you. We really must talk more! And your blog is awesome. I always enjoy reading your posts.

@Dreamy ! My YWS bestie! I like to believe @Lava you and I make some kind of team XD You are this cool, smart and fun person. And a Guinness world record holder (let’s not forget that). I love chatting with you and getting to know more about you. We must become penpals, I think. And and…stay awesome you <3
@Iggy you make an amazing moderator. Thank you for all that you do for this site!
@Hannah Thank you for all the support you gave me. You are such a strong amazing woman <3

@VeerenVKS banana man <3 You are definitely the most popular YWSer (no, actually, I think you come behind Iggy, but yeah XD) You are funny and like my minion people. I’ll make sure no one eats you. You stay cool, okay? : )

@Unconsoled Yo. You make a great employee and all customers leave happy. Kala Baba will be proud of you, my friend. You say the craziest things and you have great timing! Keep doing whatever you do, you are awesome as you are!

@Blackwood The first person I look for in the chat bar is you lol. I was initially scared of you, I never even spoke to you! I’m glad you messaged me on chat that some day on some review day. You turned out to be a cool person. You are a great writer (and artist and musician) Finish YL already.

@OliveDreams YOU ARE HAVING A BABY! *eeeeee* I’m so excited for you! You are going to be a great mum!
P.S. I loved teaming up with you on review days!

@SlushySlapped I miss you! I miss talking to you <3 YOU ARE HAVING A BABY TOO! And it’s going to be a April baby! (April babies are awesome) Come back so I can say hi and you can slushy slap me.

@PervadedByDarkness Logan, I miss you too! I remember how our chats used to begin
Me: Hi!
You: Good Morning
Me: How are ya?!
You: Tired
You were always tired! Probably because you are Batman. (It’s a secret, don’t worry, not telling anyone!)

@Deanie You are one of those rare “I’m up for anything” kind of person. That makes you totally awesome. And your blog is amazing! You keep doing what you do <3

@GeeLyria We don’t talk much (we must do something about that) but I always see you around the site and I read your comments that I feel like I know you!

@Holysocks You are such a cool person. I’m glad you are on YWS!

@Alpha Have I mentioned I love your avatar?

@fortis Fellow photographer! It was fun doing a photo a month thing with you. We should do it again!

@Skydreamer Imissourwallposts!

@Pompadour I love your poetry! You have beautiful imagery.

The other amazing people on YWS without whom this post won’t feel complete.

@HighTop @SushiSashimi @Carina @dutifulwriter @CowLogic @AfterTheStorm @FlowerPower @ChangeTheWorld @Thewriter13 @Burrow @SparkToFlame @FatCowsSis @AriaAdams @Auxiira @DreamWork @Sunshine1113 @AlexSushiDog @r4p17 @carbonCore @@SoundsOfLife @Birkhoff

I’ve changed and grown over the years and YWS has been the one thing I still stick too. It has influenced not only my writing, but how I am as a person also. Thank you for making me a better person <3
I love you all.
Last edited by manisha on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If Novels are a bucket of imagination, Short story is a bucket of imagination made to fit a mug.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:46 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Building my nest here.

POST-IN-PROGRESS

So...weirdly enough, I don't think I've ever written one of these before. Or if I did it was so long ago that I don't remember.

2014 marked the 10th anniversary of YWS and by extension, my journey on here. I joined as member #52 about two weeks after YWS was born. I could have never predicted that I'd still be on here at the age of 24, especially after all the times I left then came back again.

The latest leg of my YWS journey started around two years ago. In 2013, I was given the honor of Distinguished Member, which made me a non-moderating member of Big Brother. Eventually, I was made a full member of Big Brother, but I chose to stay orange for a while longer since school got really busy. In 2014, one of my goals was to be green for the first time, and I did just that back in June. I went back to orange for a while after that, but I re-greened again last week. Hopefully I can keep it up in 2015!

2014 was also an interesting year for my writing. I experimented with some different poetry forms, including my most personal poem yet you will not win tonight . On the lyrics front, I got a keyboard and began experimenting with writing music for the first time. She Ain't Singing 'Bout You. This is something I definitely need to do more of in 2015!

I also wrote several parodies, some of which got featured multiple times! Thanks everyone!

Don't Play (That Darn Song)
For the First Time (In Grad School)
Can't Stop (Reviewing)

I don't have any heartfelt personal notes at the moment, but I would like to shout out to the following groups:

-@Nate for creating this site and always working to make it better

-My fellow GMs and JMs for making the site run smoothly and always working hard on great event ideas

-My fellow YWS veterans for sticking around so darn long! @Meshugenah @Rydia @Snoink @Griffinkeeper @Crysi @Rosey%20Unicorn @Demeter

-The newer members who have jumped in head first, reviewing like crazy and full of enthusiasm for YWS. Can't wait to celebrate your 10th YWS-iversarys! ;)

-The unofficial Greeters, who make every new member feel welcome whether by posting in the Welcome Mat or stopping by their walls. I may not welcome as much as I used to (definitely need to work on that in 2015), but I still think it is one of the most important tasks.

-The poets and writers who just blow me away with their talent and make me super jealous @Iggy @Audy @Lumi @SparktoFlame @KittyBee @Pompadour @Aley @Meshugenah *note: there are definitely more, so I will keep adding to this list*

-Everybody who follows me and likes/comments on my work. You all make me feel so loved!

Now, without further ado, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :x :P :evil: :twisted: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :smt001 :smt002 :smt003 :smt004 :pirate2: :pirate3: (: :smt006 :smt007 :smt008 :smt009 :smt010 :smt011 :smt012 :smt013 :smt014 :smt015 :smt016 :smt017 :smt019 :smt020 :smt021 :smt022 :smt023 :smt024 :smt026 :smt027 :smt028 :smt029 :smt031 :smt032 :smt034 :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:12 pm
View Likes
elysian says...

2014 <3

So, how about we start at the beginning? I was banned in 2012 leading into 2014. So I wasn't back until March 9th, 2014. Don't worry, it wasn't anything big (getting banned). The mods were just worried because I kept accidentally and intentionally sharing personal info. and since I was under 13 they could get in a lot of trouble, and I could get hurt. So, they banned me until I turned 13. (I can totally make that story into a dramtic YWS fanfic.)

Okay. So I can back on my birthday, happy as ever. I had missed everyone so much! I felt so empty most days because I couldn't go to my second family, you guys <3 But I was back, and you can find me blog entry from that day here:

blog/Lylas/lets_catch_up_3_b-59544.html

Well. Then, I got settled back in, and everyone was so welcoming <3 And I went around in April and wrote my first poem since I had been back which you can find here:

The Broken Child

April was the hardest month of this year. I wrote that very personal poem, and I came out about my problem to my parents. therapy started after that and I just felt more depressed then before. School was crazy getting ready for finals and I just felt like my brain was going to explode.

You can find my blog(s) about that here:

And here's my song about it too xD

Death Comes In Strange Ways, Even By Light

Okay. Then came summer :) Summer was full of SBs and nothing else really. Reviewing I guess xD Here's my poetry for that month <3

Welcome to the Ball
Lovely Mayhem

August came school, which meant inspiration everywhere for school. Here's all the rest of my poetry:

Ur Cming Rit *edited*
Beauty and Poison
My Senses are Tingling
Everyone was Dying but Our Love Wasn't I Think
Don't Worry I was Already Chipped Before You Shattered Me
Sweater Weather
Headaches and Heartaches
I'll Be the Sky, You'll Be the Moon *edited*
I Know the Origin of Hell

In October, my best friend committed suicide. He was gay, and he got bullied to death. Bullicide. It's so sad. I miss him with all my heart but I know he's my guardian angel <3

Blog about Aaron:

blog/Lylas/my_guardian_angel_3_b-60965.html

Poem about Aaron:

October

Honorable Mentions:

The people I've known from the start <3

Spoiler! :
@GeeLyria - @SparktoFlame (SparkofDoubt) - @ilovegeeks - @NoirLumiere (Probie234) - @PixieStix - @MiaParamore - @TommySneak - @Blues - @Lumi - @Angelreader77 - @Rydia - @ShadowVyper

Some of my besties in the SB area :D

Spoiler! :
@IamTraunt - @thelostone - @Wolfare1 - @TinyJarStoredDreams - @Skydreamer - @Avalon - @Nightcrawler - @AlmondEyes - @Kelpies - @LittleSister - @Aurora99 - @AriaAdams - @ReisePeicey - @Holofernes

And some people that have made my life worth living <333

Spoiler! :
@PervadedByDarkness - @NoirLumiere - @Fermingtonfruit - @CowLogic - @TommySneak

And last but not least, some of newbies that I love :D

Spoiler! :
@TimmyJake @thewriter13 @Sylar

Here's to a life changing year and to the one to come <3 oh, and happy two years to meeeeee :)
Last edited by elysian on Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:19 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

I see your lawn chairs and yoga mats, and I raise you a mattress. ( the best part is trying to remember where your saved spot is later )

I found it! Okay, this is going to be short, but not because I don't have much to say - believe me, there's lots to say - but because I'm rather speechless when it comes to what this site means to me, and what it has done for me.

I'm a confident reviewer now, I have written reviews for my aunt, and I feel like I kind of know what I'm talking about, thanks to YWS! XD I've met so many amazing people! And in 2015 I want to go a little more crazy, meat MORE people, write a whole lot more, do a bit less procrastinating, participate in EVERYTING, and in general, try to improve.

I'm not going to do shout outs, 'Cause I'm simply too lazy, and yeah... Though if I've talked to you, I've probably mentioned that you're awesome, because you're all awesome in some way, shape, or form. And if I haven't out right told you that you're awesome, you've probably seen me use 'XD' when replying to you... 'XD' in my native language means: You're awesome, hilarious, amazing, etc. What... you find that cheesy? XD Well whatever.

I just want to say thank you to everyone... because, I feel like if I ever need someone to talk to, someone to give me advice... if I ever need a good laugh, or anything, I know someone will be willing to put up with me... and that's a really nice feeling, even though I didn't really express it that well.

Thanks for helping me become a better writer this year, and a better person... and I'm looking forward to learning more this coming year. <3
Last edited by Holysocks on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
100% autistic

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:25 pm
View Likes
ThereseCricket says...

MY SPOT

Oh gosh, this is my first post ever for this. Now I just need to figure out what to say...

This will be my first Year Book post, and for starters I’m a bit uncertain on what to say.
I joined YWS mainly because of my brother, who had been obsessing over this place for about three to four months, and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. After I had made my account, I stepped back and was like “whoah… what do I do now?” I was worried if YWS would work out for me as I knew I needed someone’s guidance if my writing was to get better, and I was also worried that my writing would just get bashed, not to mention I wasn't sure if I would be able to return the favor and help others with their writing.

Needless to say, I was wrong. 100% wrong. Within the hour I had around five to six posts on my wall welcoming me to the site, asking me to tell them when I posted my first work, directing me to helpful links, ect.., And then I posted my first work and got reviews on it. @GoldFlame, your review on my first work was an eye opener for me. The difference between my first and my last work are just the differences between night and day, and the usage of semi-colons and commas. But it all started with that review that you gave me, especially when you taught me about clauses and all those weird grammar names that I hadn’t even bothered to learn back then. I think that after reading a couple of your reviews that you had given me and others around the site, has taught me more grammar than what is normally healthy for a person. Thank you so much.

It took me a while to get into the swing of things around here, but I think I might have managed it somewhat. Imagine my surprise when my bro told me that there was online chat! I was like “Coooooool. Sooo what do I do with it?” I can’t even remember properly who I talked to first, but I think it was you, @Deanie. Livvy, I think we’ve both been busy with school lately and stuff, and with the differences in our time zones, we rarely get to talk. I love talking to you on the occasion, and teasing you about so and so, and then you telling me that if I do it again you were going to tease me about so and so. *cough* That was a while ago, but I remember shutting up after that threat.

Your reviews always make me smile, your poetry is simply amazing, and EWS just makes me want to cry sometimes. I mean, Naomi… <3 And then there’s your love for tea, which I cannot bear. Coffee is what you should drink, darling. Coffee and water are all that should be allowed in my opinion. Tea is just very bad for you. Hope you have/had fun in England, where tea seems to be so popular. xD I’m still gonna arrange that marriage, btw <3

@smile You, too. I remember the first time talking to you, and ratting out on my brother that he could sing. You were surprised about it, too! You were one of the first people to welcome me to the site, and I won’t forget it. I hope we’ll be able to talk soon, smile.

@Ozz I know you. I walked with you once upon a dream, too. :P Umm, so you’re sort of special, I guess. Jk, brat. You’re probably the only person on this site that I would be perfectly fine telling everything to. The first thing that would distinguish you from everybody else is that you had no problem correcting me in my grammar every two minutes, for 7 months straight. There was one time where I felt like pulling out my hair and punching the screen of my laptop, because I couldn’t understand what I was doing wrong. XD But I think I figured it out, after like nine months. Remember how you made that grammar club and then showed it to me? I was thinking hint, hint. He wants me to fix my grammar some more . I got better, right? :P Another thing I learned from you are the names of metal and rock bands. I don’t even listen to that kind of music, and I could probably name ten bands off the top of my head, just from what you’ve talked about. Guh, one day I’ll establish some rules in the pad that forbids the discussion of metal and Jim Morrison, and then make you promise to not erase them. Josh Groban is the best, so you might as well resign yourself to that fact. And you have tolerable taste, I suppose, when it comes to classical music. Beethoven, right? Your obsession for chemistry and biology is interesting, to say the least. Don’t test me again on eukaryotic cells. It’s a hopeless cause.

It doesn’t matter if we occasionally (like on the rare, rare occasion) argue, because I know you won’t get upset or throw what I have to say out the window. You let me say my peace and then tell me your side of it. You’re so stubborn sometimes. I can’t eveeer win. I don’t mind so much anymore, if we’re not able to talk sometimes during the week or if you can’t stay for that long, because I know our friendship won’t be affected whatsoever. It will just keep going. ilu so much. <3 Ever heard the tale of Macbeth? He’s dead, btw

@TheWeather *hands tissues* You’re awesome, blah blah blah. Kay, I’m done.

Spoiler! :
Scroll down to like near the bottom and then maybe then you’ll have a reason to start crying. :P

@ChipsMcCoy Through your old name (Infinity something rather ;) ),I believe you were the second person to welcome me. It’s been forever since we've chatted, and I have to admit I miss talking to you. Lol I hear about your jokes, and I read your works and I laugh every time I see one, but it’s not the same as discussing your turtle and “whhyy on earth did your cousin not want you to bring it to the gym?” And erm, I hope the rumor that you take your turtle for walks is true, because that is severely awesome. I hope we’ll be able to talk soon. Stay awesome, Chips.

My two best buddies, @Thewriter13 and @IamTraunt. <3 You both have this serious addiction to wanting to beat me in review numbers, but if you guys will kindly check the scoreboards, you will see that I’m WINNING. If I tried really hard I could probably find all those wall posts where we competed with each other on who was going to beat the other, and you two would gang up on me, and I’d end up writing two or three reviews that day instead of one, because I was afraid you guys would beat me.

Traunt, I need another chapter of Truant, like now. It’s been foreeever, and I’m dying. And we need to talk like nothing you've ever seen, but nothing seems to be working for now. We should start making long term plans for talking in the summer. I remember welcoming you to the site, exclamation marks and all. Remember that one time where we would PM each other back and forth, talking about heaven knows what, because you were on your mobile? Your reviews on works always astound me, because you know… I may be the nitpick master :P but after you take your nitpicky fingers to it, I don’t feel much like the nitpick master afterwards. I miss talking to you sooo much. SUMMER, COME PLEASE.

Graaace, I met you a while after Traunt, but you both go together in everything. When you first joined YWS, I knew that you were going to be a spectacular member. Why, you might ask… it might have something to do with the fact that when I went to your wall to follow you back, there were like fifteen other posts, saying Thanks for the follow!. After that it only took you like two and a half months to be featured, due to the fact that you are just an awesomeee and consistent reviewer. Yup, you are an awesome YWS’er. Don’t ever forget that. Yeah, and whenever you popped up in chat, I'm always felt like smirking ( I usually did, btw) and cracking my knuckles, to see what kind of reaction I could get out of you that day. I hope you’ll be able to come back soon, and maybe we can chat or holler at each other on each other’s walls. It sounds epic to me. I’M WATCHING YOU. DON’T EVER THINK THAT I’M NOT.

After that, I believe I met @RavenMoonStone. It was in March or April, or somewhere around there. I swear, I know it.
Darling, it’s been one heck of a ride. It’s like every time one of us wants to chat, the other can’t. Or I’m busy reviewing, or you’re writing Sis. But whatever goes on, I know that when I open up YWS I can usually always expect something funny to pop up in my peoples feed, or on my wall, in chat, and just about anywhere from you. Those Doctor Who gif’s that you’re constantly posting just make me want to raise my eyebrow and post a Dory gif on your wall as payback. I probably should someday. You are an amazing blessing to this site, and I love every moment that I spend talking to you. I’m winning that contest, btw… about ten reviews left! ;)

@Messenger Yeah, I should probably mention you. Soo what’s up? Your answer? The sky is up. Duhh, thank you. Anyway, first time I talked to you was in a private chat room made by strangeness herself (I’ll get to you in a sec, darling) and you pretended to be asleep or something. I called you a couch potato and got scolded by strangeness herself for doing that. We never really talked overly often, but I knew if I wanted to have a good chat with someone I could always go talk to Messy. I swear, the first time I actually was like “hehe, this guy might be worth something,” is when you told me that you liked Hans Zimmer. Yurp, gotta be the only reason. Come baaack soon, Mess. <3

I suppose I shall mention you too, @r4p17. I would have to say that after I heard that you were Mess’s cousin I was curious to see what you were like. First chat I remember, because you told me to join Knights of the Green Room, and I was like, “hush, I already tried that. I didn't even post the reviews in my thread.” And you were like O.O. I think our friendship expanded from there, and now our conversations involve complicated topics, such as bacon. :P I keep telling you that food isn't the center of the universe, but you don’t ever seem to listen. I’ll make you listen one day. Just you wait. Even when our conversations involve topics, (you know… like cabbage, onions, and general food stuff) that seem to be pretty strange, I always laugh. One thing that I will never be able to get out of my head, is what you were doing while NaNo went on. “Therese, how many words did you write today? I probably wrote more.” Constant. And even when I had hardly written anything that day it encouraged me to try and make time so I could write more, because I knew I was going to get the question the next morning.
I can definitely say that you are one of the best friends I could ever ask for, and I’m extremely glad that you’re around. Thank you soo much for everything, r4. Don’t ever leave. :3

AND FINE. @VeerenVKS, YOU GET A MENTION. But only this once. I’m still immensely displeased with you. *cough cough* I’m not going to say anything overly nice, as I know I’m going to get teased to death in chat tonight about it, and I don’t think I want to go through anymore of your teasing. I think the thing that distinguishes you from everybody else is that our conversations are in CAPS LOCK. I mean, dude. It’s like I’m always shocked whenever we have a decent conversation without it all being in caps. And then that one time that I decided to say, “YOU. ARE. FAB,” to just shut you up, and you go and post it in YWS Screen Caps. I was so ready to kill you. And then, as always, at precisely 8:00 pm… I ditch you. And I enjoy it, too. Yeah, you’re pretty fab. <3

@steward Aww, come on. Get onlineeeee someday. I won’t yell, I won’t make any life threats. For once, I’ll just sit there and talk all nice and sweet. Get your booty online, hon.

@AdjiFlex Bro, we're rarely online at the same times, and we hardly talk anymore, even though I remember talking to you for at least an hour every day and sometimes more, for at least a month. I remember having awesome discussions on politics, piano, movie soundtracks, and especially religion. Remember that one conversation we had where we were insulting each other so much to the point that you finally stopped and said, that’s enough. I think you’ve suffered plenty? You have no idea what much fun it was, and I'm glad you've stuck around.

@Craz You’re… okay, I guess. <3 I’m on team Gale now, btw.

@Zontafer YOU ARE THE FIRST OFFICIAL NEW MEMBER THAT I TALKED TO UPON YOU JOINING, THAT I ACTUALLY GOT TO KNOW. I guess you aren’t a newbie anymore… can’t hold that against you now, I suppose. But anyways, I miss you. We used to have hour long conversations that would consist of just tossing insults back and forth. At one time, you were like, “can we PLEASE have a conversation where we aren’t insulting the other?” Things had better change when summer hits, and we’d better start talking again. I’ll even help you with your stupid bow. Do you realize how weird and difficult it was trying to show you online a proper stance? Bleh, that was just odd. <3

@Skydreamer *squeezes eyes shut* Your status updates ALWAYS make my day, so don’t ever stop posting them. And don’t forget that coffee is the best, no matter how tempting the hot chocolate may seem. :P

@JumpySpot Yes, you I like. You are extremely fun to talk to, and your skill as a writer just keeps getting better and better. Not to mention your reviewing skills are now going sky high, as you keep going with it. We need to taaalk more. :D

@Prokaryote You don’t even want to know. Don’t call me Terry, unless I give you permission or it’s a Friday.

My YWS family

It’s a big family. If I miss somebody, just tell me and I’ll fix it.

@BlueAfrica Look, it was always Mess’s fault, not mine. I was behaving the entire time.

Thank you soo much for reviewing my novel, that ummm, maybe I should work on someday. :3

@TheWanderingWizard Yurp, my favorite big brother. Get your booty online so we can talk.

@Sunshine1113 Keep ‘em boys in line. There’s too many for me to handle.

@RavenMoonStone and @KaytaElefant You girls had better start some more reviewing contests. I miss the notifications to the club now.

@Messenger and @r4p17 Watch out everybody…

@ChipsMcCoy I am of the personal opinion that dogs shouldn’t be allowed to chase turtles. I’m glad you joined the family.

@PeanutPhoebe I don’t think I’ve ever talked to you before, but I voted you in for a reason, ya know… :D

@lostthought I think the reason why there are no unicorns, is because they missed the hint to take a ride on the Polar Express. Omigosh, that sounded bad. Anyway, with you I always find myself laughing with, because I’ve seen a picture of you and from your appearance you don’t seem like the kind of person that would act quite so morbid. Or be such a murderer of the race of gummy bears. You’re so much fun to be around, lost.

Tell me if I missed anyone, pleeeeeeeease

@TimmyJake @Nica @EvilMomLady, and @PickledChrissy

You guys get a mention, because well, you’re all my actual family. As much as some of you enjoy being irritating, I wouldn’t want any of you to leave or give up on YWS. Not even you, Mom. Just no posting on my wall, cause you draw too much attention and then people start wondering.

Chrissy- umm, don’t do ‘you know what’ again. Pleeeeaaaaaaaase. Keep going with your disturbing writing, sis. I know you can do it.

Nica- We’re gonna pretend that one day you’ll see this. Like next year… when you’re in your twenties. Eww, that sounds awful. You’re getting old.

Timmy- Umm, I don’t know. Stop reviewing so dang fast for starters. I’m never going to be able to catch up at this rate. <3

For the person who wanted to cry from reading this (a.k.a TheWeather): Get ready, as I told you that I might make you cry from this. Umm, okay. You’re not going to be crying from this, as if I wanted to do that to you I would sneak inside your car and leave a gun there, so you would get in trouble. It would gloriouuuus. ;) Erm, anyways…

First thing I recall about you was that when you first joined, was that your works were always about the weather. I just couldn’t understand why on earth someone would only write about The Weather. Clearly the signs of your habit to write in the rain were starting to show, and let’s not mention your username. After that I remember catching you in chat and, ummm, we talked about guns… Big shocker, I know. Even though, I don’t think we agree on that topic, I still found that I have tons in common with you. Including the moral side of things. I mean, what kind of person would I be able to have a discussion with on politics, religion and the fun side of life, all in one shot? Right now, I think we could plop anything on the table for discussion and discuss it without the other getting even slightly offended. The best thing about you is that I don’t ever need to worry about saying the wrong thing. Whatever I say you just go off of, and vice versa. Also, the fact that you like coffee over tea (right?) just seals it. Yup, you are amazing. And if you don’t become the best mathematician out there very soon, I’m coming overseas and making sure that you do. <3

@Holysocks @NightCrawler @JamesHunt @AfterTheStorm @Gravity @Noelle @Cheetah @Flite @Burrow @MeandBooks @Vibe <33333 Some of you I rarely talk to, others I don’t ever think I have. But you've all added something to this site, and I’m immensely grateful to all of you for it.

This year has been lots of fun, and I'm now looking forward to 2015!
Last edited by ThereseCricket on Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:26 pm
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

So my first full year of YWS is drawing to a close, and I find myself looking back at everything in wonder and astonishment that so much has happened. This place has been amazing—not just from the reviews and people completely molding my writing into something unrecognizable from what it was December 2013, but so many people have touched me and changed my life. Now this Yearbook may not just be about mentioning the people in my life I care about, but it will dominate my post. Because you people are important.

Before I joined YWS, writing was my recluse, my escape. You could even say it was my best friend, because there weren’t many people I could talk to—not many people I could relate to. Sit and have a conversation about pizza, religion and the qualities of penguins all in five minutes? Shut the door. But, yes. Once I joined YWS, I discovered there were people in this world who I could not only relate to, but become best friends with. There are always ups and downs in life (what would we be without them?), but my friends here have shown me a way to take them in stride, and how to walk away. And you guys are always here when I need help, always here when I need a shoulder to lean against, an ear to merely listen to my voice—no matter what I am saying, a laugh when I crack my poorly-made jokes, and to bring your own troubles to me so I can feel as though I am needed. That is what friendship is all about, right? Share everything life shows you as we go along, whether they pain you or not. And I am grateful for everything life has tossed in front of me, and I am grateful for each and every one of you people here.

Yes, even you, @freakforchrist.

So many things have changed since I came here, too. And not in just my realm of writing. I got my driver’s license (and the only reason I passed the test was that I studied while waiting in line), and in one month of nice driving, I crashed. You could compare it to my entire life coming to a halt—in about 1.5 seconds. Not so nice. But at least my dad didn’t kill me for totaling his truck and trailer. So there was that. And I bought my first truck—a Nissan which I bought for the engine (enter dad: “oh, this things runs great! Only 105,000 miles.”), and not really for the body. Think purple with a hint of red, the clear coat peeling on the cab top and rear fender, tiny wheels more suited for your little sibling’s Tonka Truck—and then you’ll have the general picture. But I love it. <3 It’s nice having your own set of wheels, even if the clear coat likes to peel away as you drive (and no, I don’t go that fast, but that fifth gear is probably used more than it should).

Oh, and I suppose I should mention that I finished the second draft of my first book, LOTS (Legend of the Scale), and am now about 110,000 words into the third and final draft—25,000 or so to go. I am actually really excited about putting that 3+ year project behind me, and moving on to something new. And then I ran another marathon this year, and yeah. Just stuff like that which would probably make you snore—wait. Are you even awake? 0.o

@AfterTheStorm, you were my first friend on this site, I believe. I still remember that evening conversation, where I was making dinner (probably some super-difficult thing of Macaroni and cheese). And it grew from there, where you have become one of my closest friends. From our random poems we write for each other about chickens and penguins, to the conversations we have about the sport of golf which I know nothing about (except putting at the local indoor pizza place), and just talking about anything we have our mind set on that day—even that Phantom of the Opera which you adore. I still have a place in that suitcase when you see it performed live, right? Thank you for being my friend, Beth Ann, and even when you leave for a long time, always coming back to me in the end. You’ve given me more smiles than a person should be allowed to have.

@Deanie, where did our friendship begin? I believe you were the second friend I met on the site—November 29th, at blah blah A.M. We have always been talking. Always. I cannot think of a week where we didn’t talk at least once, and usually we try to say something at least once a day—except on those special times when we can talk more. We used to talk for so long, and then come back and do it all over again. True, your school and my work has been taking us away from our conversations I need so desperatelyyyy, but I don’t think our friendship hasn’t diminished in the slightest. You and I can talk about anything it seems, and even if we disagree in the end (which many times we do), we still walk away as the best of friends. Arguments don’t affect you and I much, do they? Except perhaps make you go make some tea to calm your nerves. <3 While I go make some coffee. You have your English ways, and I have my American-ness, but that has only made our friendship so much deeper. Thank you for always being there when I need you, Livvy. Thank you for always being my friend, no matter what. You’ve always been there for me. Ever since I have known you, you’ve been the one I go to when I have a problem, because you listen and help me like no one else can. Josh Groban foreverrrr. Here’s to another year. <3

@Clarity, I think you were the next friend I met. I just seems like you and I have been talking forever, doesn’t it? I remember that first conversation we had, back when I had more time to talk—four hours long. That was a long conversation for me, and such a memorable way to open a friendship which has been so amazing. Apollo Deacon for the win. <3 You know, you and I should get back into writing that someday. With you and me putting our heads together, anything will be possible. Maybe you and I should go back into that feedpad some time and wipe away the old cobwebs, and see what’s left over. :3 Who knows? Maybe it will develop into a book with our names on the top. Wouldn’t that be something, eh? Paige and Timmy. Has a nice ring to it. Thank you for being the one friend I talk books constantly about—even ones I haven’t read. Remember telling me to read Divergent? Well, um, I haven’t gotten around to that quiteee yet. Now that you’re here again, after leaving for a few months, don’t expect to have me let go of you easily. I ain’t gonna let go. Not ever. Thank you for everything you are. <3

@ShadowVyper, you’re the one and only person who can successfully dupe me into joining a storybook. Every time I act so timid about it, and unsure of if I want to or not— you then convince me with your winning ways, and there I am. I have so much fun in every one of them. :3 I think we met at an interview you were doing for Squills, where my FM interview kind of expanded into a two hour conversation, which was only ended when the music of Matrix prompted me to leave. And we’ve had so many fun chats since then, blabbing about anything and everything—especially one thing we both love all too well. Guns. Our conversation always seems to go towards something to do with those, especially if you’re going to a marine base. We’re always behind on talking, and I always want to talk with you more. So I can get the inside scoop of all the funny stories at your university. Thank God for you, Sarah, and thank God there is only one of you, too. hee-hee I don’t think the world could handle another. <3

@Pompadour, you are the girl who writes the most beautiful poetry on YWS. Every piece I see of yours, I just, gah. They’re so amazing. Each and every one of them. Don’t they say people’s work are a mirror of themselves? (or do they? >.< sounds cool, anyway) You’re just as amazing as your poetry, if not more—something I thought impossible before I officially met you. Thank you for being my friend and tagging along for the ride with me in Affinity and my attempts at poetry. Every conversation where you have to run down to dinner, or your computer dies, or I have to go to work, or schoolwork beckons—they’re all precious to me. <3

@GoldFlame, I think the thing that got our friendship going was the lovely review I initially received from you on my first chapter I ever posted (remember the dragon one? rawr). I think out of anyone on YWS, you have changed my writing. And not just the placement of commas and periods and Em-dashes and ellipses and semi-colons and description-help and character suggestions and style comments, and—gah. You’ve been amazing, and continue to be so perfect as a reviewer. Have I mentioned you’re an even better friend? From our conversations where I admit my questions dominate the conversation. ;_; And every time I try to punish you for not writing enough to satisfy me. We should talk more often. Yes, we should. I need to scold you for the lack of goldy magic.

@IamTraunt, we need to talk more. End of story. Period. Exclamation mark. You and I have such wonderful conversations, and it isn’t where we go and talk about what is going to happen when the world ends, or anything most people bear weight. We just talk. Da werds flow. And I have so much fun talking, I lose track of time and have to bolt for work before I run out of time. And then there are those times when we can’t talk for days and weeks—one time, even months. Egh. We need to fix that. Thank you for being a wonderful reviewer for me, a writer who persists in her epic writing, and who is an even better friend. Wouldn’t trade you for anything. <3

@Gravity, we met about six months ago, I believe. Or whenever the YWS Hunger Games was going on. I used to always see you around the site (mainly in SB, me going: “who is dis purdy girl in da avvie?”), but it wasn’t until then that you and I really grew to know each other. All started by being teammates in that contest… where I died and you went on to the last battle. I don’t think I can remember a day since then that we haven’t talked at least once. Can you? Gosh, we talk a lot. 0.o You’re the person I talk to the most on YWS, and you’re also the one I have the most serious of conversations with—at the same time being able to talk about the silly stuff when you and I are feeling more immature than usual (or when you have had too much sugar. Not me. Nu-uh). But we have had so much fun talking, and we have both helped each other through things, and gotten past so many obstacles I know I wouldn’t have been able to defeat without you. Thank you for always being there, and keep allowing me to be the ear for your troubles, too, okay? I feel as though I actually help with something when you and I talk, and you leave feeling better then when you arrived. And I always leave happier after talking to you, even if we’re talking about the most seriousss of stuff, like the absurdness of French and my ignorance of it. Here’s to many more. <3

@thewriter13, when did I meet you? Seems like forever since that first chat with you, but I know it has only been six months before your name popped up in chat. I believe Trying (my novel baby) brought you and I together, and the first review of that book I gave you. Ever since then, you and I have been talking. I remember going to YWS when we used to be able to chat on there, and the first thing I would automatically do would be to check my list of online friends to see if you were there. And then to post on your wall to tell you to get your booty on chat. We would talk about anything (because you and I can talk about anything, everything, nothing—doesn’t matter), and then you would have to leave so quickly, or you would just disappear. 0.o I would be so worried for a while, and then you would pop back up again, or just explain what happened the following morning. And then things began to change, and we went elsewhere to talk. That only worked for a few precious weeks, and that went away, too. And now it seems as though you and I are destined to not talk for a while. :/ There is no need to tell you things you already know, and make this mention longer and more boring than Moby Dick, but you know what I am coming from. Your songs have always had such a special place in my heart, and I still have them. They’re a nice memento of better times, eh? Those times will come again. When we can resume talking like we used to, we can look back on what we’re facing now as a simple trial, and as you say, God always has a plan. Sometimes I wish he would allow us to have a peek in his little book of plans—just so we wouldn’t worry so much about the future. Or maybe we would worry more. 0.o I dun know. Our friendship will never come to an end, no matter how long I don’t see you. <3

@fortis, I think I started talking to you in the beginning in the chatroom, when you and I were having fun with chat wars and I kicked your butt. And it went from there to spamming, of which I had absolutely nothing to do with until you provoked me to strike back. IT’S THE TRUTH. probably And since then, we mostly quit with the spamming except for the occasional notification jam, where you like all my reviews since the Jurassic period. >.< But we chat all the time now, mainly on Sunday or when I am in the depths of despair (aka, I have a YWS question). But I think the one thing you and I do mostly now are the weekly word wars, where we have them no matter what—even if you’re having trouble with your computer. While that is the smallest thing I need to mention and thank you for, there it is. One of the small things you and I do while chatting. :3 And you review my pieces, and you review mine, and—well. What can I say? You’re maw friend. Even when you’re having nasty chicken salad and in a sassy moment. <3 Then I ask you for a review, since they’re the best then. Hee-hee

@Ravenmoonstone, we don't talk as much as I would like to. In fact, I think we talk more in the chatroom and around YWS in the forums and such then in chat. And SIS brought you and I to be friends, I think. Or was us being friends bring on my adoption of SIS. I don't know. But now we review for each other, and talk (less often then we should. >.<). I just wish you and I had more time to talk than what we have, but I suppose we have to make due with the times we do have. Keep being awesome, Raven. <3 You're the smartest 11 year old on the planet, and that's the truth. I never would have guessed you were that old, but more like 15 or 16. 0.o

@qaralynn, I suppose it's odd that, even though you and I don't talk very often, I consider you one of my best friends on here. Or maybe it isn't odd, since we have so much in common and could just talk forever. Whether the subject is today's standards or pizza or uni, we can have fun and just talk, talk, talk. One of the special things about you. <3 I can always just be myself and have a good time with you, and you do the same. Thank you for putting up with my weirdness and social awkwardness at times - as well as my occasional music and politics rant. Maybe someday I can lend an ear, too. <33

@smile, you've always been one of my best friends on here, and always there for me when I need anything - even if I just want to talk music for hours on end (which we always do). You're always there with an encouraging word for my poetry, and have pushed me forward in it so much. Thank you for our conversations, and for putting up with my fascination with classical-crossover music. And for everything. We may talk only rarely, but you're still a best friend in my book. And always will be. Let's talk more often, shaaaaall we?

@Noelle, it's weird. Some people on YWS you see around for ages, think they're really awesome people, but you never talk to them. I have no idea why it took me so long to talk to you, and why the only reason we started talking was we were co-captains for review day. That week-end, I made a good friend. And even though we talk only rarely, and I don't see you online often (our time schedules, no doubt. bleh), you're still such an amazing friend. We review each other's novels, work together in countless projects, and I don't really know how to put it. You're just that person I see around YWS, and talk to - and you just know. That is a really cool person. I want to get to know you better this next year, though. You hear me? You. Me. Chatbar. :3

@Iggy, this might sound weird, but I wasn't planning on actually devoting a paragraph to you at first. I wrote this up, and then stuck you below with the people I have been friends with/want to become better friends with. But once I began to think about it, I thought - no. I remember so many things you've done for me over this past year, so many encouraging words you've given me, and how much you alone have changed me during 2014. Yeah, I know. We're not close friends. I don't think I can even say I know you very well personally - or you me. But you're amazing, and you do so much around the site, and not just as a global moderator. Putting that aside, and just seeing what you do, it's astounding. Keep being amazing, girl. And let's talk more over this next year, okay? <3

There are so many people and so many more people I want to talk about, but I think my rambling has gone on long enough. So I will just mention all the other friends I have which should have been put in their own little area, and had me talk about them for hours and how amazing they are. A few of you below I haven’t seen in weeks and months—some seeming gone for good. But this is my time to remember all of you, so I am going to tag all of you. Thank you for everything, even if you only talked to me for a moment. All of you have had a part in changing me and molding me as I grow, and continue to do so. We never do stop growing, do we? <3333

@ThereseCricket, @Nica, @EvilMomLady, @Hannah, @ChipsMcCoy, @lostthought, @Gaidaa, @Utopia, @Flite, @GeeLyria, @r4p17,@Lava, @lylas, @BellaRoma, @GreenTulip, @Carina, @SARAHJO, @alexsushidog, @Elinor%20Brynn, @Jameshunt, @ozz, @ArcticMonkey, @silverlock, @jumpyspot, @blueafrica @Rydia, @Cheetah, @turtlethatroars, @Messenger, @FatCowsSis, @EscapeToNeverland, @KnightTeen, @beeyaay, @ConverseFireGirl, @Odyssey, @lucrezia

I don’t know how a year could have been better then 2014, and I am now looking forward to a hopefully even better year of 2015. And with all of you with me, and many more friends, I know it will be an amazing year. Thank you for everything. I wish I could say more, but I think I have run myself dry of words. Goodbye, 2014.

Hullo, 2015. Let’s get to know each other. Whadya say?
Last edited by TimmyJake on Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:51 am, edited 12 times in total.
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:31 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

I always look back at the year before in complete fascination at how I've changed over the past year. Yet again, I must quote my younger self. "I'm a completely different person".

But, let's talk about the why I'm a completely different person.

@Rosey%20Unicorn
You go first because you're one of the most important people in my life. I don't know what I would do without you. You remind me who I am when I don't even really know myself. You're the most supportive person I know, and you know how to make me laugh too. :) You make me smile every day even when I don't feel like smiling. Thank God you exist in my life. Here's to another year. <3

@Vasticity
I am so glad you're my friend. I can't wait to run away with you and star in your movie and everything. I just love you a lot. Thank you <3

@Lumi
Another person that has shaped me for the better. I'm so glad that you walked into my life and wacked me with the poetry stick of Siken and said "This is what you could be doing". I know I would not be here today if it wasn't for your patient care of my poetry and your friendship.

@Blues
A year ago, I barely was friends with you. Now, we text all the time and I'm not sure how I was ever not friends with you. You support me, you make me laugh, and you are literally willing to skype whenever, for whatever reason. Thank you for being such a good friend.

@OmarEhab
I'm not tagging you for the same reason I tagged you for last year. We've had our ups and downs, but at the end of the day, you're one of my best friends, and I love you. I'm glad we finally made our peace and became the best friends we can be to each other.

@Iggy
Oh Kellie, what can I say. Like you said in your own post, we fight. But the best relationships are the ones that can fight and come back together, look at each other, apologize and move on. I'm glad we can do that. I'm glad that even if we fight, we both know at the end of the day we'd go to the ends of the earth for each other. I love you <3

@ArcticMonkey, @Alpha, @Clarity
You all are my support system. My wonderful, lovely mean girls that (wow, it's been going on for a long time dannggg) support me in all my endeavors. Even if it's just to link me to weird British news or make inappropriate jokes till I laugh, I want to thank you for always being there for me.

@Piper
Of all the people that I love, I love you. You're the best friend I've ever had. I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for you. I am so glad that we finally got to meet in person. I love that no matter how much stupid stuff I do, you always just laugh and tell me you love me anyway. Thank you.

And finally, to YWS.
I love you. Thank you for all you do for me. No matter what I do, I can't seem to show you how grateful I am, but I'll continue to work to show you exactly how important you are to me.

Here, have some pictures from this year!

Spoiler! :
@Piper and I after just meeting each other.

Favorite Halloween costume ever <3

The plot to my NaNoWriMo 2014, Spark. I won, and I absolutely adore the story. I can't wait to start editing and turn it into something spectacular.

My best friend Jessi <3

My other best friend, Bells. <3

My new room in the Indy house. :)

Ballet <3

Almost heaven, West Virginia <3

:)

See ya'll next year! <3
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:44 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Well this has been an interesting year. In some ways so much has changed, and in other ways everything is so much the same, painfully so. I suppose that's life, meeting some expectations, denying others, and completely surprising you with the rest.

And YWS has been here for me through it all, like I knew it would, and would continue to be there. So thank you. This site has been a really great twist in my life ever since I stumbled on accidentally when I was twelve. And now I'm eighteen and in college. And in that time a lot of people have come and gone, so much has changed. But if there's anything I can say, it's that YWS will always be there even years and years from now when even more will be different.

Obviously the most ambitious thing I've done this year, not just on the site but in my whole life was the radio show. What started off as a passing thought of "wouldn't that be cool" turned into something more fulfilling then I could have possibly imagined. Anyone that was involved with it in any way or even just supported me - thank you from the bottom of my heart.

A few noteworthies:

@Demeter - I'm so grateful that our friendship has been able to grow in the way that it has over the past year. You're such a beautiful person, inside and out. Please don't change.

@Lauren2010 - Lauren I love you so much. You're like the older sister I never had, and I really enjoyed getting to see you over the summer (And I totes I use the notebook you gave me :o). I know I can be immature and whiny at times, but I've looked to your guidance on so many things and I'm so happy that so much is coming together for you. Keep working hard and you're going to achieve so much more.

@Lumi - You always manage to make me smile, and that is a million times more valuable than I ever could have realized at this time last year.

@Snoink - We haven't spoken recently, but I still think about you a lot. You've always been an inspiration to me and an all around wonderful person and mentor, and I hope life has only been lovely.

@SparkToFlame - Peyton, you're really very lovely. Your drive and dedication inspire me in so many ways. Keep your chin up, because you've got lovely things ahead of you.

@StellaThomas - Stella, I look up to you so much, and enjoy the conversations that we have about all different things. I hope our friendship only grows. x

@Rydia - <3333 Heather, it's been four long years since you took me under your wing, and my love, respect and admiration for you in that time has only grown. I look up to you so much, and things weren't quite the same after you left so I'm glad that you're back, at least for now.

@Nate - Thank you for being such a vigilant leader and someone from whom I've learned so much over the years.

@Vasticity - I love that you love filmmaking and are so passionate about telling good stories. Believe in yourself, and you'll achieve so much.

More folks that I've had the pleasure of getting to know in 2014, either for the first time or better than I did before:

@Audy, @AfterTheStorm, @AriaAdams, @Buggiedude2340, @Charlie II, @Hannah, @Iggy, @Omniclysm, @PenguinAttack, @Rosey%20Unicorn, @TimmyJake

I'm probably forgetting a tone of people, but if you've ever interacted with you in any way on this site, even if I haven't - thank you.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:48 pm
View Likes
Cithara says...

So...I'm getting around to this now. It might be edited again, who knows?
2014 was a bit of a big year for me. I started high school, learned I would be homeschooled for the first time in my life, I joined YWS (the best part of this whole thing), etc. If any of you want to see my wide-eyed "hello!" from when I first joined here it be
And now I have to talk about people hee hee.
@RavenMoonStone ~ I will ALWAYS start with you no matter what, because you started my time here with a warm welcome. (I hope you dun get sick of me saying this, because I will continue to do so xD) At first I thought you were a 16 year old boy, and when I first mistakenly called you one in chat, I thought you would hate me xD Oh, but you are so amazing <3 You really are so mature for your age, and I really appreciate you being such a guide in those first few months. I don't know what I would have done without you. Plus, you're like the source for a lot of my friendships on here. So <3333
First wall postttt: hee hee
@IamTraunt ~ You too were one of the first to make me feel at home on this site. Gosh you are such a wonderful friend :') You've encouraged to continue stories I've written, post poems, songs, etc. You've been there for me, and that's all I'll say on that, because I think of I go in any deeper I'll get weird and emotional xDDD Love ya, girl
@ThereseCricket ~ Our chats were always...unusual...I always felt like I was annoying you, your sarcasm is strange, your reviews intimidating. When I first saw your review on a story I was about to review, I was like O.O You've shaped my reviews, you've made me a stronger writer/reviewer, and for that I'm really grateful. Remember the days when we used to just say "I HATE YOU" in chat? I miss those >.> weirdly, I do xD Maybe if I continue laying low, I'll get chat back one day. Also, when I learned you liked guns and were Catholic, I knew you were the person for me ;)
@Noelle ~ *tackles* *squishhugs* *tackles again* I love you sooo much <3 I honestly don't know any other Boy Meets World guitar playing basket ball/football lover, and for that you mean even more to me. I miss talking to you in chat ;_; You used to make me so happy when we talked :P Oh, those summer days hee hee. I hope we can talk sometime soon, and I mean really talk. You were there my first day in chat, and I think it was you who quoted "Two Roads Diverged in a Yellow Wood" I honestly can't remember. But I am so glad to have met you, Noelle (whose real name starts with an R that I am still trying to figure out >.>)
@TimmyJake ~ Pfft, I guess I'll make a spot for you too hee hee. No, but really, you are the most special out of everyone I mention may or not be special needs, you never know. I'm so glad we're close friends :) I really am, and maybe you already know that, but I feel the need to tell you yet again. Because you mean a lot :P I'm glad to have met someone I can talk to about anything, from Catholicism, to politics, to music, to writing, to family, to etc. It's crazy and I love it <3 Love ya, Tim
hee hee, da first wall post: I still honestly have no idea what you mean here
@RoyalHighness ~ I can still remember that day in chat when I hastily typed out my Trying idea to y'all, and you and some others were all sitting around very politely while I told you of some crazy girl named Violet who falls in love with a new kid. And you, Royal, were the one who got me posting it. And I can't believe I made it 7 chapters in already!! You are amazing, truly amazing. I miss seeing you around on here and in chat :/ I hope to see you soon <3 yes, I shall see you while you work at Disney World. That's a plan, all right
@Iggy ~ When someone says "moderator" you're the first person I think of. Why? Because you're the best moderator and friend YWS could have. Seriously, you're extremely involved and helpful, and I totally remember you welcoming me (yes, I will continue to say this as well, if anyone keeps asking about my YWS life story). Your wall is my favorite wall, too xD I love visiting it, and your avatar selection is perfection hee hee. I hope to talk to you more, if anything, because we really haven't talked at all :P
@BiscuitsBatchAvoy ~ Tennis buddyyyyy. Gosh summer was awesome when we talked about all our favorite tennis players Andy Murray <333 We haven't really talked that much, lately, and I hope we can soon :)
@Wolfie36 We don't talk much anymore, but I am so glad to have met you. We have so much in common it's amazing! And I love that :) So God bless you <3 SIMON AND GARFUNKEL AND NANCY DREW FOREVER
@Wolfare1 @KatyaElefant @Zontafer= I miss seeing you all in chat (either when I'm in or I'm not) Like I said, you made June/July the best months ever, because I talked to y'all. Yes, I'm bringing this back: KATYA IS A TREE, DUH
The poetry people I look up to~ @fortis @SparkToFlame @Lumi (hee hee, you encouraged me to start my banner shop, too, you know) @Aley @Audy @any body else, because really, all of you encourage me
Newer friends I've made~ @BellaRoma @Lylas @midnightstars
@VeerenVKS we do need to talk more! You're a funny guy hee hee, and I think you're really cool and brave for misusing grammar on a writer's site. No matter what Therese says, you're awesome <3 (I really wish we could talk more and gossip about Therese but I just don't think it'll be able to happen soon, seeing as my parents have banned chat)
Other amazing people: @Strangelove @GeeLyria @r4p17 (and all meh Book Thief buddies, as follows: @Astronaut and @Sylar and @Pompadour) @Elinor Brynn @Sunshine1113 @StellaThomas @Deanie @Nightcrawler @Snoink @Skydreamer @Nica @GoldFlame @EvilMomLady (I'm mentioning you because you rock and you are basically just like my mother xDD) etc. Especially @ancientforever, for allowing me to complain about the weather with her xD
And really all of YWS! Every single one of you is incredible, and we all know that without you all, this site wouldn't the site it is today. (If I've forgotten to specifically mention you, I apologize. I just want to be able to post this all before I leave the site for the time being. Just know you're important too)
So, that concludes my lame Yearbook post >.> Never did one before, so I'm sorry! xD I won't be on here much anymore, or really at all, so:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Liesel is thinking about you and stealing your books, but I promised her I wouldn't tell you that so >.>
Last edited by Cithara on Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Pax in Christo

"My heart is racing even as I write,
but I plan to go on as bravely as a heroine in a
novel."~The Hired Girl

I used to be Thewriter13

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:53 pm
View Likes
Willard says...

Alright, to be honest, the reason why I never commented on the YWS BFF forum because I say that I have no definite best friend on here. Do I have friends that I favor over one another? Of course. Problem is, I don't know whether people actually like me on here or not. That's what I've been struggling with since I joined. I can be a dis-likable person, a big one. Anywho, if I do tag you, it means that you have been a friend to me whether you like me or not. Note, the order has nothing to do with who I like better than the other. Plus, this all happened in this year.

@Blackwood, you are probably the biggest reason for me enjoying summer. It turns out we both share the same opinion of a "controversial topic", share a similar sense of humor, and other things like that. You brought me to the edgy side of writing an essay, and it was a lot of fun (though the criticism we got wasn't the best). Sure, I purposely get on your nerves, but you deserve it.

@ancientforever and @ScarlettFire, you guys are both together because you both share a thing in common. You've heard me rant. Both of you have heard my crap throughout the summer, whether was it me talking about another member, or my view on existentialism, or apologies over certain stuff.
Ancient, you are a fantastic poet. Your language is "high quality". Your language also off of YWS is very profane, but that makes me happy. I remember the night you came back to YWS, Black and I were in chat and you were playing Don't Starve while I attempt to beat Flower. Then you became a permanent in chat, which made me happy.
Scar, you are awesome. You were there when I completely "attacked" a member during a period which I'm still in. No, it isn't depression. You were one of the three (other two being Ancient and Flite) who I could talk to when I felt the need to rant. Plus, you are being published, which is sweet.

@JayeCShore, you are never on anymore. When you first joined, I didn't like you at all. You went on the forums and complained about the Spotlight because you didn't like my poem, which was cheap. Then, as summer happened, it turns out you're really cool. I was always mad when you beat me at the word game, but then I would realize you are a high school graduate and I'm still in high school.

@PenAndSword @TommySneak @shinethroughthedark @Pamplemousse Since all of you remind me of the same person, I'll just put you guys together.
Pen- You are funny, bright, and make me laugh. You sp00ked me when I first met you because you seemed unnaturally aggressive, but I think differently now. :D
Tommy- you are hilarious. Just, hilarious. Damn it.
Shine- Apparently I annoy you for some reason which I still don't know, but you are pretty cool and mean.
Pamp- you are funny. You are as old as I am, plus you are funny. and can be odd. The only downside is BOTDF.

@CowLogic and @Gringoamericano, I don't know how to explain it. Cow, you have a pretty sick music taste, which is pretty awesome. Your sense of humor is pretty #edgy, but a great kind of edgy.
Gringo, we share really similar tastes. But, you played an important part because you showed me to a lot of new music. I freaking love Bomb The Music Industry! now. Aesop Rock, all those. You showed me to all the independent stuff which makes me happy. Thank you so much.

@Birkhoff, you critiqued a lot of my works. I can't thank you enough for that. You have an awesome sense of humor, too. You are also intelligent. You also helped me shape my movie taste in the past year, which is important to me. I don't know what else, but thank you!

So, now for all the cool people who've I met or played a cool role

@magpie @Rosey%20Unicorn @thewriter13 @SoundsOfLife @Messenger @ChipsMcCoy @Sunshine113 @Verser @MasterGrieves @Renard @Dreamy @Marc @Lumi @freakforchrist @Aley @RavenMoonStone @AlexSushiDog @GeeLyria

Alright, now I have two more people to do because I don't feel like re editing it.

@Laure, you left recently, which is sad. To be honest, I wasn't a big fan of yours at the start. I never exactly was a fan, but you did grow on me. You are a good writer, and have a sense of humor. I understand you're on hiatus, but you'll still be here, with us. Your spirit, that is, though you haven't died.

@Flite, you're last because I forgot about you. I didn't do it intentionally, so don't worry. You've heard more of my crap more than anyone else. Along with that, I enjoy hearing your crap. You are a very nice person, who can freak out about small things, but that's okay. Your poetry is top notch. I enjoy talking to you and stuff.

That seemed really pointless.
Last edited by Willard on Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:40 pm
View Likes
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

Okay here is my favorite poem like ever

https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=106852

By @RachelLeeAnn

Also my favorite book of the year is the Delirium trilogy.
Last edited by TinyJarStoredDreams on Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:27 pm
View Likes
lostthought says...

I am writing this at 12:00 am on the last day of 2014. It has been an eventful year on YWS, maybe because this is my first entire year on YWS *wipes tear dramatically*. I have absolutely no idea how long this will take. In at least 14 hours, it will be New Years for some people. Happy 2015, lets hope that we may actually be prepared for the flood of newbies that are going to come in!

This year was very entertaining. I'm finally in high school and I've made new friends! I like at my last yearbook post and marveled at how much I have changed. I helped in WOTW (Writer Of The Week) and TWW (The Weekly Writer). Unfortunately I had to also watch their downfall. RIP. I watched The Last Man Standing rise and at week 41 it is still active! I am at a lost for words so I'll just move on.

At the moment I'm reading @RavenMoonStone Silence is Silver and @Blackwood Second Always Comes Last. Speaking of which, I need to read the three chapters that have just came out! Hopefully both are finished when I read this next year. Both novels have 40 or more chapters. More for everyone to read, even though I'm thinking that both main characters may die.

I'm going to need more paper o.o Let's discuss everyone.

@Aurora99 - 'Ello Sorceress Aura. It's actually shocking how many people followed you. (You never did tell me if you and Cole were still dating.) Hope you are having a fun time not sleeping. *Sleep is extremely important and everyone needs it* Yeah, totally stalling on emotional gooey stuff. *inserts gooey crying stuff in* I hope you thought that was good enough to cry to. I thought it was excellent!

@Draknghar - Lapi, you need sleep as well. It's good for your exam stuff! Don't forget my gun design can be made to shoot you with. *Basically stop calling yourself short because you are over a foot taller than me* By the end of today (mine), I will have more artsy thingies. Hopefully this time I can color inside the lines. *inserts gooshy emotional stuff* *pretends to wipe tears* Ah, yes, beautiful.

@Sunshine1113 - You also love artsy stuff! I seriously don't understand when you keep comparing me to your school- I'd be expelled first day! At least I finally know somewhat why you have those numbers at the end of your name. I shouldn't be writing this at 12 am in the morning. Due to my sleepiness, I can't exactly remember how we met. Was it the chatroom because I think that's where we met. Maybe it was o.o *inserts more crying gooshy stuff* Don't cry, I'm just an artist XD

@RavenMoonStone - speaking of people I probably met in chat-there's you! Mommy wants to play a game, Raven. YOU CAN'T ESCAPE HER! (Psst, everyone, Raven's middle name is Tuna Luna) You better not kill everyone in SiS or I'll nerm ya to death. Yes, I'll go cannibal on you. *inserts extremely tear inducing words* *hands tissue* It is ok to cry with such poetry.

@ForgottenMemories @Strangelove @ScarlettFire @Gringoamericano @ancientforever @Markontheworld @ancientforever @ddman18 and everyone else I forgot in my fatigue (I'll have to edit the list throughout the day). Thank you got being in chat in general. I'm glad that I'm /somewhat/ tolerated. I hope when YWS grows old-well older- you'll still be on. To be honest newbies make me a bit nervous. *inserts heartbreaking piece on friendship and heartache stuff* Yes, don't applaud.

@TimmyJake @ThereseCricket - Try not to brutally kill each other or your other siblings with guns. I associate you guys with your avatars so I find myself laughing at the difference between you two. One of you is Dory and the other is Calvin so it seems a bit funny that you both can shoot things with a gun. You guys just aren't very Swag (a good thing). *inserts sad and epic speech* Another epic speech by I, the lost thought.

Ok, so I'm deadly tired by now. I'm definitely sure that I missed people, meaning this will be probably added on to during the day. I want to say have an enjoyable 2K15 but it's still 2K14! :o
Last edited by lostthought on Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:30 pm
View Likes
Castiel says...

*CAN YOU FEEL IT NOW MR KRABS*
-T.D. Taylor

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:35 pm
View Likes
kingofeli says...

I wanna be King of the Yearbook!
Feel free to just randomly message me, I get bored easily.

I'm a black, non-binary transgender boy, who is a Christian witch (tentative for now). I'm also a panromantic asexual. I sell poetry; contact me if you're interested in buying poems from me.

Mudwesterner
— BlueAfrica