z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room

394 Reviews

Reviews: 394
Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:59 pm
View Likes
KnightTeen says...

After several very long and tiring nights, during which Teen spent closely analyzing every scrap of blood and skin on her sword and shield to determine what beasts she had slain in the past two months (truthfully, it is rather sad that she went that long without cleaning them, but in her defense it has been a hard two months for the Knights), she is finally done.

She's out of ink, the lone desk in the chamber she shares with several others is riddled with broken quills and crumpled papers, and her hand feels so numb that she's surprised that it's still there when she looks at it. But she has completed her mission. Her records are up-to-date.

Teen realizes that she has to do a far better job in the future, to keep this from happening again.

But she can worry about that later.

She runs into the dining hall, shouting her victory for all of the Knights to hear. They all cheer as with a flourish, she presents Knight @Hannah with her scroll.

Knights of the Green Room
Screw Yolo. I'm a cat. Nine lives losers!

I think I used to be HomeschooledTeen

394 Reviews

Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:18 pm
View Likes
KnightTeen says...

Now, when you review a novel in an attempt to earn that particular badge (the name of it escapes me) does that mean that you have to have Green Room reviews on every single chapter, or that you just have to review every chapter?
Last edited by KnightTeen on Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:53 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

I believe you have to Green Room review them Teen.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:18 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

TheMessenger wrote:I believe you have to Green Room review them Teen.

This one speaks the truth. In fact:

» A Village: Provide Green Room Reviews on five consecutive chapters/parts
» A Hamlet: Provide Green Room Reviews on ten consecutive chapters/parts
» A Town: Provide consecutive Green Room Reviews on one entire novel/stories
» A Kingdom: Provide consecutive Green Room Reviews on two entire novels/stories

I think you are referring to the bolded part.

Good luck out there, Knight, and never worry, the badge will never be too far out of your grasps ;)
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

663 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:29 pm
Messenger says...

Ah, i believe Teen wants to know because she finished reviewing the story "Return of the unwanted Dead." Am I right?

394 Reviews

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:32 pm
KnightTeen says...

TheMessenger wrote:Ah, i believe Teen wants to know because she finished reviewing the story "Return of the unwanted Dead." Am I right?

Yep.

394 Reviews

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:34 pm
KnightTeen says...

Aquestioning wrote:
TheMessenger wrote:I believe you have to Green Room review them Teen.

This one speaks the truth. In fact:

» A Village: Provide Green Room Reviews on five consecutive chapters/parts
» A Hamlet: Provide Green Room Reviews on ten consecutive chapters/parts
» A Town: Provide consecutive Green Room Reviews on one entire novel/stories
» A Kingdom: Provide consecutive Green Room Reviews on two entire novels/stories

I think you are referring to the bolded part.

Good luck out there, Knight, and never worry, the badge will never be too far out of your grasps ;)

I'll get it sooner or later. In the meantime, I have just sharpened my sword. I'm off to the Green Room mates! If I'm not back in a few hours, I'm dead.

663 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:48 pm
Messenger says...

You just beat me to a green room review Teen.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:06 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

It is a proud evening on which not one, not two, but three battle hardened and eager Squires enter the Knights' Castle and present their honest work for reward.

Squire Onyx (@whitewolfpuppy) is called in from the newly refurbished stables where Knight Omniyus (@Aquestioning) and Knight Messenger (@TheMessenger) promised they would look well after her beautiful mount.

Squire @Morkish, though at first he presents only the names of the beasts rather than evidence of their slaying, still walks with pride into the hall and lays out his accomplishments. Once it is confirmed that he did indeed do what he said he did, the company asks him to keep record in hyperlink going forward, and brings him into the fold.

Squire Dark Knight (@DarkKnight9, real name waiting decision) too, steps forward with ten worthy offerings, which Knight @Cailey looks at in satisfaction. She says, "Nice work."

All three bend their knee before the existing Knights of the Green Room and receive their official titles.

Image Image Image

Knight Onyx, Knight Morkish, Knight Dark Knight (?)

In addition to welcoming the new Knights, the community is thrilled about arming its own and providing personal land to those with exploits to balance the reward.

Knight Ariana (@ajruby12), for example, fought with 17 fierce beasts on Review Day, which earned her a sword, a shield, and a helmet to protect herself as she continues to honor her company. She receives, in addition, a scroll from Knight Hannah:
Spoiler! :
Hey! So, I've got your main post linked here, and it would be helpful if you could just keep updating that same post. Also, your review count continues on top of the 10 you first did, which means the first review from review day would be number 11, and you'd be up to review 27! You can continually update this list, notify me when you earn a new badge, and that's how we'll keep track of everything. If you're still confused, send me PM and I'll try explaining another way!

Knight Attack (@PenguinAttack), a veteran on the field, has fought off enough beasts with enough determination, honesty, and loyalty, that she has earned herself her own kingdom, making her the Knight with the most land of all the company. It's good news for those under her stewardship, as Knight Attack brings with her the honor of our group and will not lead them astray.

Knight Messenger comes rushing in to receive the new full armor he commissioned from the Knights' blacksmith, grabs a jousting lance from the rack on the wall, then rushes back out as quickly as he came, ever eager to get into the fray. Knight Hannah makes sure he takes a bag of bread and dried meat with him.

Knight Teen (@KnightTeen), too, has been fighting long and hard. After a long stretch of battles to be won before her reward, the Knight has finally earned her own Coat of Arms with which to represent herself. In addition, she's won a golden chalice passed down from kings long dead. The new Knights stare in awe at the shining treasure in her hands.
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:08 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

And with that, the company reaches a total of

FIFTY KNIGHTS!

HUZZAH, HUZZAH, HUZZAH!

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:16 am
Hannah says...

Just another update on the Honorable Contest Reviews and Entries.

Entries have closed, so all we have left to do is clear out this list! Please remember to mention when you review one of these contest entries. (:

Let's serve our community with determination, loyalty, and knowledge as always!

I want to be punished no more, Daddy. -- needs 2 reviews
Flares -- needs 2 reviews
The Biting Game: Alice's Story. -- needs 2 reviews
The Fluke Kingdom -- needs 3 reviews
Ferrozine Woman -- needs 2 reviews
10 Extremely Helpful Tips to Surviving (Most of) High School -- needs 2 reviews
The Story of the Grave -- needs 2 reviews
Sunsets -- needs 3 reviews
I had warned you. -- needs 3 reviews
The Seven Crows -- needs 3 reviews

Total Reviews Remaining: 24

Knights eligible for the MC3 badge: @Jonathan, @niteowl, @KnightTeen, @fortis, @Hannah, @BlackNether12, @Rydia, @dragonfphoenix, @TheMessenger, @skorlir

Pieces that have already received the 3 promised reviews, but are still eligible to be reviewed if Knights want to become eligible for the Main Challenge Badge:

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:40 pm
Cailey says...

Knight Cailey passes out small pumpkin pies to each new Knight by way of congratulations.

She also muses over the idea of Knighthood badges appearing under the trophy tabs of each Knighted member? What if being a Knight was also a trophy?
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:44 pm
niteowl says...

@Cailey--Aren't they already? I just checked your profile and I see a few (Hannah updates them every so often, so newer Knights might not have theirs yet).
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:55 pm
Cailey says...

Oops. I guess I just checked too soon and then didn't check again.
*Goes to hide in a cave -with lights and a box of chocolates and no bears or dragons or wolves or abominable snowmen and definitely not any hungry bears- in embarrassment.*
Last edited by Cailey on Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

663 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:58 pm
Messenger says...

What if there is a bear in the cave?

If you run now, you will be running the rest of your life.
— Reborn